SYNS - HOW DO YOU EAT YOURS?

I use mine on Options hot chocolate (2 syns each) during the day and a mini toffee crisp (5 syns) at night, it gives me something I can look forward to so I don't feel the need to blow it completely during the day.

Looking over my food diaries I seem to have mostly used syns for low calorie hot chocolate drinks, BBQ sauce for dipping the home made SW chips in and also the vegetarian low calorie fat free jelly pots.

I need to get more adventurous about how I use my syns and start learning more things to cook, I'm only on week 3 and I'm bored to death food wise.

Last edited:
For the 3 days at work, I spend my syns on ketchup (bacon roll on the morning) M&S count on us meal - no more than 4syns and the rest is used for a Alpen light bar (travel home) and choc on the evening.

I find when I'm at home my syns are lower simply cos ive got more ingredients at hand to make syn free meals.

I'd like to know this too please :sign0163:

After a successful 1st week my weight loss has really slowed down ... WI on Thursday morning so couple more days to go.

My syns have been going on wine ... 3 nights in the past week - eek! But, as my average syns this week is still only working out at 81.5 this 'shouldn't' really matter :confused:

Scales are showing 0 loss at the mo :sigh:

Ali
x

ah, the old "you're not eating enough" reason..

you need 1400 calories a day ( ladies ) to lose weight..
any less and your body goes into "starvation mode" ( on a normal diet anyway, there are specific diets that trick do this but SW isn't one of them.. ), and you stop losing weight.. your body tries to hold on to everything it can.. until it can't anymore and then it starts breaking down muscle rather than fat so to keep your internal organs protected..

slightly larger portions or more syns will give you those extra calories you need to get you into the right "zone" to keep you losing weight..

I have a few regular things I buy in my weekly shop.

I have cadburys light trifle 6 1/2 syns
Skinny cow icecreams I love the brownie one 4 1/2 syns
cadburys highlight 2 syns
tbsp maple syrup on my weetabix 2 syns (ty brit mum)
cheesey mugshot 2 syns
cheesey curls (asda) 3 1/2 syns
things in meals like
philadelphia light which I use as a cream alternative. cooking wine or cider to cook with.
extra bread if having stew with low fat marj.
low fat ambrosia custard great for low syn trifles.
sugar free jellys

Back