syns in lactulose?

miss_chaplin

This is my second post and I hope its in the right place :confused:

I have been prescribed lactulose by my dr, as i am currently taking co codamol. Its only for a couple of days but I am slightly worried it may contain syns as it tastes like liquid sugar?
I had a bad week last week and dont want to mess up this week so am making sure to be very careful. Thought it best I check this incase there is an alternative if necessary.
Thanks for reading and any advice :)

If I were you I wouldn't worry - it's a medicine so that needs to take priority. Online info says it is made up of sugar molecules but it's only for a couple of days with what I imagine is a relatively small dosage.

Thanks I was kind of thinking the same, but then had a fear that I would go to class next week having gained 2lb. Still, if I did I could at least know what to blame the weight gain on lol :)
Im sure it cant be a huge amount anyway? although I do have to take quite alot......fingers crossed its fine

It is sugar, but isn't the sugar indigestible? (is that even a word?)

If so, the calorie content will be negligible...

The lactulose has been prescribed as a laxative as the codeine in the cocodamol can cause constipation. You need to take the lactulose.

Irrespective of that it is not possible for you to put on weight as a result of taking a few doses of medicine. It takes 3500 calories to put a pound on. Even if you were eating pure sugar that would be 218 teaspoons. I very much doubt you will take that much.

Back