Syns in sliced ham

Flipsangel

Can someone please tell me if sliced ham is free on ee as our class leader said no because its got additives, but i am sure when i joined a class last year i was told it was free. Love having laughing cow wrapped up in it. Thanks.

It depends on the type of ham you are having. If it's the wafer think stuff then much of it is made from meat offcuts so you get more fat, skin and lord knows what else else. These ones usually have syns although you need to check particular brands. If it's 'proper' meat then yes that would be free on EE.

I just looked up tesco wafer thin ham on the syns online and all the different varieties came out as free on EE and red days. I think it is pretty rare for sliced ham to be syns though it might be worth checking on the SW website if you're unsure.

I got told it was free too, I hope it is as I snack on it :/ x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just checked on syns app and for most ham e.g sliced, wafer thin etc it's coming up as 5-6.5 syns per 100g? I was told by my SW consultant that it's syns unless it's very lean proper ham, not the processed stuff with added water etc...
Hope that helps x

Oh well :( never did me any harm x

i read on a syn value thread, for bernard matthews prepacked ham that it does have syn values because it's processed, i think meats like chicken roll etc also have syn values too, because they are also processed meats, and also hold water like the above poster said.

Just checked on syns app and for most ham e.g sliced, wafer thin etc it's coming up as 5-6.5 syns per 100g? I was told by my SW consultant that it's syns unless it's very lean proper ham, not the processed stuff with added water etc...
Hope that helps x

Are you looking at green day syns? I've just looked up a few different sliced meats on the SW syns online and the only one that seemed to be syns on EE was Bernard Matthews American fried sliced chicken. All the ham and chicken packs I looked at were free on red and EE but 5-6 syns per 100g on green.

Supergirl1980 said:
Are you looking at green day syns? I've just looked up a few different sliced meats on the SW syns online and the only one that seemed to be syns on EE was Bernard Matthews American fried sliced chicken. All the ham and chicken packs I looked at were free on red and EE but 5-6 syns per 100g on green.

Thank god for that!! I do ee, I nearly cried when it was suggested it wasn't free

Flipsangel said:
Can someone please tell me if sliced ham is free on ee as our class leader said no because its got additives, but i am sure when i joined a class last year i was told it was free. Love having laughing cow wrapped up in it. Thanks.

Thanks everyone. Gonna continue as if they are free :)

Yeah I just bought tesco ham today and am worried now that it'll have syns as I always snack on it. !! I'm on extra easy ! Hope it's ok !

Back