Syns online or food directory??

Bimbie Finn

I dont understand i have brought the new 2010 food directory and have looked up Morrisons Pork Shank in cider and apple sauce online and it says 3 syns yet in the directory it is 6 syns what synnage would you class it as?
Also i have had a few other items of food that have been differant online than in the book some items i have planned for then looked on online and have been over my syns for the day :mad:
Sorry rant over!!
xx

yeah i found this :( ... tesco, meat free sausages say free in the book (and they are relly nice) so though yay i can have loads of them, and at 2 packs of 6 for for £3 really good value :) ... but then online it says they are 1 1/2 syns each :( ... which is a big difference when the 3 i had for breakfast thinking they were for "free" could be "4 1/2 syns" :(

The entry in the Directory says that it is for the whole pack - 670g- 6 syns (46 on green).

The entry in Syns Online says that it is for a 335g serving - 3 syns:

Morrisons Pork Shank in a Cider & Apple Sauce, 670g pack, chilled 335g serving[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
3 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 3 Syns
green.gif
Green 23 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
So both are right!

yeah i found this :( ... tesco, meat free sausages say free in the book (and they are relly nice) so though yay i can have loads of them, and at 2 packs of 6 for for £3 really good value :) ... but then online it says they are 1 1/2 syns each :( ... which is a big difference when the 3 i had for breakfast thinking they were for "free" could be "4 1/2 syns" :(

It is probably because the manufacturer has changed the recipe since the directory was published - it came out nearly six months ago and would have gone to print a few months before that, so it is not surprising that some things will have changed. SW are constantly updating the website with new syn values as soon as they become aware of recipe changes.

Boo hiss! The Tesco sausages have changed! I guess it's back to quorn for me.

Unfortunately syns values do change over time so the directory is out-of-date almost from before it is even published. It's always best to check online as this will be the most up-to-date values.

:( ohh no :( i was looking forward to my good healthy breakfast .... still might have them and count them as i had 3 of these with scrambled egg this morning at about 10am and i wasn't hungary so didn't eat again till i just had tea half an hour ago :)

thanks for the help :)

xxx

Back