Syns - save or spend??

pinkyfluff

Grappling with life
Just curious, do you spend your syns all day on little things or save them for a big splurge at the end of the day?

I generally save mine for choclate in the evening. Tonight I have had 10 syns worth of rocky road cake - very sickly but I persevered!

Tomorrow I am having 13 syns as last week before class I bought a kit kat chunky caramel and I wanted to prove I could carry it round in my handbag all week and not eat it til after my next class.

xx

At the moment I am planning to use more of my syns in meals, sauces, dumplings butter that kind of thing.

I can't have sweets, crisps etc., hanging round the house - absolutely no will power!

I eat them in 5 syn slots I have a 5 syns and under box...no I really do everyone takes the mick out of me for it but its my treats lol

I can't have chocolate etc round house. OH bought kit kats, custard creams today but they are HIS - I must keep telling myself they are HIS, I have the Muller Light yoghurts.

Sue

I don't know whether this is right or wrong but I try to keep my syns to a minimum - I try not to go over six a day. I definitely try not to use any in cooking. I do find though that I have a little splurge on alcohol - usually Saturday night!!!

I've only been following SW for 2 weeks so i'm not sure what the best way of using my syns are! I don't find i'm hungry as there is lots of syn free food to make tasty meals.

Does saving syns for a splurge at the weekend hinder weight loss? My consultant advised me to have them daily.

Any tips welcome :)

Depends on my mood and if I'm fancying anything. Tend to spend 3 in the afternoon on a hot choc, become a little ritual for me. Apart from that I see how I go but that may change after WI this week and once I get more confident with the Optimising of food I'm hoping that I can have healthy syns with meals and maybe a naughty syn later on or maybe just do a treat night once a week where I sit down and thoroughly enjoy my syns

I have never carried syns over, or collected them for later use, so far on my SW journey.

I ensure that I use a minimum of 5 per day, and never exceed the 15 maximum. But if it is under 10 then I aim to make it up to at least 10.

I only usually have around 5 a day but am unsure whether to use the others on weekends or not! I don't want to lose weight and put some back on at the weekend!

Does anyone have any good ideas for low syn alcoholic drinks?! :) x

I tend to spend a minimum during the week as I tend to have more syns over the weekend on a bottle of wine and other little treats.
Has never hindered my weight loss lol

My consultant doesn't recommend you carry them over because it encourages bingeing but unfortunately if I have more than three lagers it usually tips me over. I think vodka is probably the best drink to have with a diet mixer! If I do over indulge a little at the weekend I just try to get back on board and put it behind me without feeling too guilty.

I normally save them for the evening this is the time when i feel most vunerable for picking uncontrollable amounts!! I normally use my syns for some french fries 4 syns or velvet crunch cheese and onion 4 syns or a curly wurly 6syns or the dreaded alcohol! Which normally makes me want to eat more!!

interesting how you all use your syns. Years ago we were told its ok to save syns up for a weekend treat, but now we are told to use them daily and no more than 15 but try and stick to around 10. I have rare days when its around 6 or 7 and often its more like 11 or 12. I begrudge using my syns in meals and nearly always save them for an evening choc bar, crisps, biscuits, slice of white bread and butter, so I am definately a naughty synner!

xx

lol, I'm glad it's not just me that misses the wine! I also have a craving for chip shop chips regularly but not sure that they wouldn't be too many syns. :S

I think i'll save some and have a splurge at the weekend!!

I have to save mine for the weekend. I have wine & chocs with my mother in law (she doesn't know I'm on SW), she brings lots of sweeties, eg this wk, Bounty, Fruit Jellies, Toffee Crisp & can't remember what else. I usually eat some & then give the children what's left. I also put left overs out of sight as I know if I could see them I'd eat them:rolleyes:

I try to keep my syns for the evening when I can give them my full attention and enjoy them to the full! I would normaly have a curly wurly french fries or wine. I have them daily and try to stick to 8-10 during the week and sometimes up to 15 at the weekend.

Spend spend spend haha

i have my take away after Wi. I dont count this out of my syns for teh week, but obvs depending on what i have.. - a chicken kebab compared to a pizza.. then you have to take the initiative to be more carful in the week! I have betwen 7-12 a day, less if i know i'l be having a secound take away.. or unhealthy meal out.

xxx

My consultant advises us not to save are syns up for the weekend too, but I do!! I go out most wkends and dont see why I should stop just cos Im on doing SW,If im eating out, will just choose an healthier option to fit into my plan. I look forward to my wkends, so dont mind not having too many syns through the week, so far it hasnt hindered my weight loss in anyway, and I have lost every wk, I guess it just depends on the person,it will work for some, and not others.

I only started last week, and wanted to be able to still have a drink at the weekend. My consultant advised to have some syns every day (say up to 5), and that it shouild not do any harm to save the others till the weekend. But I think everybody is different so you have to see what suits you. I'll find out tonight as it's my first WI.

I only started last week, and wanted to be able to still have a drink at the weekend. My consultant advised to have some syns every day (say up to 5), and that it shouild not do any harm to save the others till the weekend. But I think everybody is different so you have to see what suits you. I'll find out tonight as it's my first WI.

Good Luck!!! :)

Back