SYNS values for meal at Tampopo

sharron12

Hi, i am doing the extra easy plan and had a meal today at Tampopo (asian/japanese style restaurant). I had seafood ramen noodles. I am pretty certain it wouldn't be too high in syns. I have pasted the menu description below. What do people think?

Ramen Japan​
Ramen noodles with fresh greens in a
stock flavoured with “shio” (Japanese soy).
Also available with miso paste, please ask.​
Chicken £7.95 Beef £9.50 Seafood £8.95

I would say it was free on EE. I have a wagamama cookbook at the chicken/seafood ramen noodle recipe in there is free (I make it all the time)

The only thing I could think of that would be synned is if they pre-cook the noodles early on in the day to keep the orders quick. If this was the case they may have tossed through a little oil to stop them sticking together, but this is all I can think of

xx

I read in the Food directory that chicken ramen from Wagamamas is 24 syns a portion!!! I'm going to Tampopo tomorrow and think I'll be going for the Pad Kra Pow - Chicken flash friend with chilli, basil and onion, served with steamed rice. :)

I read in the Food directory that chicken ramen from Wagamamas is 24 syns a portion!!! I'm going to Tampopo tomorrow and think I'll be going for the Pad Kra Pow - Chicken flash friend with chilli, basil and onion, served with steamed rice. :)

It's because they use fresh egg noodles rather than dried, that's where a lot of the Syns come from. Along with oil etc.

Have never heard of Tampopo, but the dish you've chosen sounds lovely!! xx

It's because they use fresh egg noodles rather than dried, that's where a lot of the Syns come from. Along with oil etc.

Have never heard of Tampopo, but the dish you've chosen sounds lovely!! xx

It basically does Indonesian, Japanese, Thai and Korean food. I think this is the best option, all free foods and only a little time in the pan so syns will be oil. Gonna save 15 in case!
Also Gyoza (those little dumpings) are only 2 syns each apparently because griddled not fried. woop!

I went to Tampopo last week, the food is gorgeous!

I went to Tampopo last week, the food is gorgeous!

What did you go for? Was it quite oily? I've been once before but like I said, I got naughty bits :giggle:

Back