Syns

Of course I didn't mean it in any hurtful way at all. As I said, we are all in the same boat, thats why we are here. Believe me, I wish I wasn't here lol ;)
What I am saying is though, I don't see why people have such a problem with syns. Instead of filling up on free foods, why not leave some room for some syns? So, instead of having a mullerlight for instance, because its free, why not have a 'luxury' synned yogurt...or, instead of cooking with fry light, use some healthy olive oil for a small amount of syns. As I said, I think the word 'syns'' just puts people off and they tend to avoid them while still filling up on free foods just because they are 'free'.
I just wish people wouldn't get so hung up up on the words 'free' and 'syn'
The plan is free food, healthy extras and syns.....why only follow the plan 70%?
Please don't take this personally, this is an open forum and for people to add their opinions........

I don't take it personally at all but some people may. I can see where your coming from but I still can't see the point in using syns just for the sake of it. Yes they are there to be used if you want to but I would rather eat something good for me than eat something not so just to use some syns. The word syns doesnt affect me, you could call it anything really it's just nice to know they are there if I fancy something. Some of the guys responses have said it doesn't make any difference if they are not used so don't worry about it, I am going to try and use some more but if I don't then I don't. What works for me may not work for you and so on... It's great that you are enjoying the plan and having your syns etc... but it's not all about them either, what was that saying "everything in moderation" ;p Again I don't want to be negative and as you said this is a place for everyone to have their opinions and help each other along the way :) Thanks for your advice too and your reply.

I don't take it personally at all but some people may. I can see where your coming from but I still can't see the point in using syns just for the sake of it. Yes they are there to be used if you want to but I would rather eat something good for me than eat something not so just to use some syns. The word syns doesnt affect me, you could call it anything really it's just nice to know they are there if I fancy something. Some of the guys responses have said it doesn't make any difference if they are not used so don't worry about it, I am going to try and use some more but if I don't then I don't. What works for me may not work for you and so on... It's great that you are enjoying the plan and having your syns etc... but it's not all about them either, what was that saying "everything in moderation" ;p Again I don't want to be negative and as you said this is a place for everyone to have their opinions and help each other along the way :) Thanks for your advice too and your reply.

...and that is my point! Who says syns aren't good for you? Syns aren't just about eating rubbish type foods, they can be healthy foods too, as someone else suggested, use your syns on an avocado , for instance, a healthy food but not a free food.
The list goes on and on....

ok lol I can see we are not going to agree... I know it's not just for unhealthy things but it's just the point of feeling pressured to use them. You could use them for an avacado (don't like them myself) or something else but there is so much free food its difficult sometimes to fit it in. We all have different opinions and that is what matters, I have done sw for a long time rejoined several times and always used them for healthy and unhealthy things in the past. I just wanted some advice and people gave it so I am glad for that. Thanks again but like I said agree to disagree :)

Back