Takeaway and Restaurants

Cowslovemilk

Hi everyone, :wave_cry:

I think it would be fun to put down what we eat when eating out or takeaway help each other.

I'am really new to this but would really love some advice.

Its my birthday next week and i'am being given the choice of indian or tapas. Now i think tapas would be better as its all cooked in oil and mostly fish and chicken and pork, but i love indian food and i really would be stuck what to have in a restaurant - can anyone help

Also i wanted to ask about reading net carbs. If i had a tin of mulligatawny soup (my fav), I take it that I basically just look on the tin of soup for (carbs of which sugars) rather than just all the carbs in the the tin?

thanks for your help in advance

nope, re: carbs, you would count the total carbs, in america they list how the carbs are made up on the tin/box so they deduct bits but here in the UK they made it easy for us....total carbs, full stop! lol

and takeaway....mmmmmmmm

i just normally fall completely off the wagon and eat everything lol BUT you can enjot takeaway so the best things ive found from everyone on here...

Indian?
chicken tikka
shish kebabs.(but to be fait you cant eat the good stuff like naan, poppadom, chutneys,)

Chinese
keep away from sauces, (or wipe off what you can lol)
foo yung (egg dish)
fish
meat, be careful of the batter....

italian......just no :( lol

the best....donner kebab! mmm

Oh wow, thanks Jim for the link (super fantastic) and thanks missy for the full carb counter. I've looked at the atkins book and i'am unsure about prawns and shrimps they are the same but not, eeek so confused (mind it doesnt take much lol). I'll let you know what i go for. Ive just been told about a Brazillian restaurant in Manchester and that has got me intrigued now mmmmm decisions decisions :)

Bem Brasil's just round the corner from where I work. It really is a low-carber's paradise, if a little pricey. :D

I just googled that, looks good to me.

Brill, thanks setanti. Is that the one on Ancoats Road or Deansgate. I live locally as well. I think Brazillian sounds the best and it is a special occasion so (i'am worth it) lol in the words of L'Oreal. couldnt find anything on tapas, but i think common sense is the best with that one and again with Indian. Mmmm me hungry now

We eat at a tapas/meze place & the waitress jokes 'you two only eat the meat or fish dishes'. It's an easy place to eat :D

It's the one on the corner of Ancoats and Lever St.

If you go in the evening you get a far wider choice of different meats than the lunchtime fayre.

See how long you can last before you have to turn you little disc over to red! :D

Here's a good tip - refuse the sausages as much as possible 'cos you'll get more of the expensive meat down you that way! ;)

Back