Takeaway leaflets

Dreamer

Gold Member
Why do I get these through my door when I'm trying to watch my weight, and take control back of my health. I'm guessing it's a test.

V

I can't stop reading them. Wouldn't be so bad if I could just throw them in the recycling. I reckon they've checked and seen I've not bought anything for months lol.

Whereabouts in Scotland are you? I'm in Angus.

Last edited:
OMG I get about 10 a day...complete waste of paper!Re-cycle them...although always spend on instant looking at the dominos Pizza one!!!

every day some fast food place is posting their menus through our front door, just to test me LOL most of them go straight into the green bin :p

I had a plaque made for my door that says:

On a diet - no takeaway menus please!

Thats good to know :)

My sister has a sign with no junk mail on her door she said it works must try it

I have a big bag full of takeawy menus and sometimes sit and read them....WHY? My husband is dieting (calorie counting) and is into sushi at the moment so we have lots of japanese menus around

So it's not just me then lol. I thought it was a sign (hence I read through all the menus to make it a harder test) ;)

Mrs B I'm actually not far then, but I do spend a fair amount of time down in the central belt.

V

I have a big bag full of takeawy menus and sometimes sit and read them....WHY? My husband is dieting (calorie counting) and is into sushi at the moment so we have lots of japanese menus around

Lol i used to do that too, infact i used to circle all of the foods i would order if i wasnt dieting:busted:

I find I go through all of them in detail, even when I'm out for coffee have to look at the menu on table but I realise what I would order and find that I'm quite happy with my americano and without the cake!! :)

when I get them I look them pver for the healthiest option, pretending I am in maintenance. Then bin them
Hopefully I will get in practice for the future (instead of going for the fattiest grossest option)

I look through them - being veggie, I tend to pick one of the healthier options anyhow (I'm just an overeater)....but it's silly of me to look through. The leaflets I got today said if you spend a tenner you can get 4 free pieces of garlic bread....so I even added up the cost to make sure it came to £10 (and it didn't, so I added more on to my imaginary order).

Interesting ideas about the no takeaway leaflets, and no junk mail. I'd prob go for no junk mail simply because I don't like ppl to know about the diet cos I get embarassed for some reason. But the other sign would be great if I had the guts :)

V

Back