takeaways on atkins

xxxjessiexxx

Silver Member
hello planning ahead if we get a takeout the weekend

indian chinese or kebab shop

all ideas would be a great help

thanks

j

I normally get a spring roll and salt and pepper spare ribs from the chippy/chinese. The day after I'm still in ketosis so I always still with those :) I tried a foo yung once but I was getting a bit sick of eggs by that stage so couldnt eat it :-(

Another consideration is the trans fats (opaque white gloop) that most Indian and Chinese restaurants add to their sauces, etc., to improve the texture and longevity. I saw a tv show on this stuff and it looks like smoothly blended, almost see-through wallpaper paste. Our bodies cannot process this new food technology innovation and we can get serious health problems from ingesting it but it is dirt cheap and makes sauces extra smooth. Dr. Atkins cautioned against trans fats.

Trans fats are added to commercial cakes, biscuits, and a wide array of both sweet and savoury foodstuffs including ready meals and desserts. I always check the labels to avoid it but in a restaurant meal you can't know so go easy on the sauces.

Chinese is full of monosodium glutamate too and sugar, tons of it, in the sauces. Such a pity lol cos it tastes gorgeous.

I love doner meat :) mixed kebab is ok too, with garlic mayo, lovely. be careful of the salads though as some are covered in sugar water.
indian food i go for saag dishes too or chicken tikka plain.
chinese just the ribs really (salt and pepper)

lol ive just been around a long time ;)

kebab :) maybe not doner if you dont like it, but chicken or lamb. maybe throw your own salad with it. Or indian chicken tikka plain without the sauce :). or macdonalds beef burgers without the bun ;)

I love crispy chinese duck - dump the pancakes and plum sauce, add mayo and enjoy the cucumber and spring onion

Delish:D

yum,you guys are making me hungry.
kebab,chicken or donna,all the salad,no pitta
or crispy duck indeed,all yum,and nice to see the scale go down
the next day,instead of up.

Back