Taking a break vs 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelly_

That title is a bit how it feels at the minute.:sigh:

I have been reading the posts and some do get very heated and its over the top.

I just wanted to say, I am in camp neutral, I see the points for both sides. One thing both sides agree with is the fact this diet is extremely difficult either way.

I personally think a lot of people seem to be hell bend on getting the last word, everybody is entitled to opinions even if they dont agree with your own so just let it be. :flirt2:

IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE THIS PLACE RETURN TO WHAT IT WAS A MONTH OR TWO AGO, WHERE EVERYONE WAS HELPFUL AND THEY WERE NO POSTS FILLED WITH PEOPLE AGRUING.

The sun is out folks and we are all getting skinny and healthy. :grouphugg:

You are right! I don't come on here half as much as I used to, it's too moany and arguementative - doing Lt is hard enough without folks moaning and arguing.

too true! finger wagging and rude comments just arn`t helpful! lol! lets be nice!

Sometimes comments are taken out of context as its very hard to express online - same with texting.

Personally for me, when i started LT last year and was on this forum there was NO mention of breaks, food anything!!!! On this forum. Now it has resutled in a sub forum being set up for the sole purpose of what the diet is intended for, 100% .... i think that says it all about what this 'place' has become!

The people that get heated are the people that have experience and are merely trying to guide others and try steer them away from a 'slippery slope' that could ensue after taking a break etc ... as, from experience its always harder the 2nd time around :)

Now please, dont take this out of context. I mean no malice or dont mean to offend.

:D

I agree Tanya, I was on here this time last year and I don't recall reading about taking breaks and stopping halfway through etc.. while on 100% TFR. Since the last month or so that's all I seem to read and that probably contributed to ME taking a break over Easter as I could see others doing the same so I thought it wouldn't do me any harm.....I was wrong. I would never have considered stopping this time last year. This is a 100% TFR programme and posts of taking breaks and nights out are a big NO NO......I'm to blame also as I have asked questions about eating so not just others.

Sometimes comments are taken out of context as its very hard to express online - same with texting.

Personally for me, when i started LT last year and was on this forum there was NO mention of breaks, food anything!!!! On this forum. Now it has resutled in a sub forum being set up for the sole purpose of what the diet is intended for, 100% .... i think that says it all about what this 'place' has become!

The people that get heated are the people that have experience and are merely trying to guide others and try steer them away from a 'slippery slope' that could ensue after taking a break etc ... as, from experience its always harder the 2nd time around :)

Now please, dont take this out of context. I mean no malice or dont mean to offend.

:D

thats exactly it summergirl, it's difficult to get points across via email/text etc. and thats why its most likely getting heated so it would be nice to see that fade away regardless, if people agree with the breaks or not.

Regarding the chat about food, things change, diets change, opinions chance. We've all got to move with the times. :D

its certain people always needing to get the last word that wont let things lie dragging things on.

everybody seems fed up with the atmosphere so hopefully thats the end of it :D

God knows what newbie's are thinking (by newbie's I mean people who havent signed up yet). :p

:giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup:
Now don't shoot me down in flames here as when I see confrontation I tend to run in the opposite direction as fast as my round body will take me!!!!!!!!! but............. isn't a thread like this actually fanning the flames of such heated discussions??? :confused:

Perhaps things get heated because people are very passionate about their beliefs and may also speak from experience. :)

When facial expression and tone is removed and all that is left are words it's sometimes hard to get past what might appear harsh and sometimes see beyond the words and see that the meaning is meant from a want to help rather than hinder. We are all different we all react differently. Sometimes I need a right good kick up the bum and I need someone to say "look are you in this or not" "stop yer fannyin about and just do it" but then that's me, for someone else that might not work.

We are all adults, you can opt to take the advice given or choose not to take it. After all this is ALL about choice. :p

Sometimes we need to hear from all sides to get a balanced view. If everyone said to me it was ok to give up then I would give up, by having people say "are you in this or not! you've got to do or don't do end of" then I wouldn't have got this far. :D

Such is life. Life would be an awful lot less interesting if we were all the same.!! :p

One of my first posts was a self pity one saying how hungry I was and someone replied with "are you really hungry or is that just emotional hunger?" It stuck with me all this way and I am thankful for that. What I didn't need was someone to say "aww poor babe why don't you have a mars bar" which is what I probably wanted to hear !! ha ha ;) :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Cruncyfrog,

I know what you mean, my original comment was to point out it feels like its turned into a 100% vs break forum. :( .

Always good to get advice from everyone be it something you want to hear or not. your dead right

I just hope we can move past this particular topic because it is such a great place for a good kick up the arse!!

Diets change ... Lipotrim doesnt. Its still a TFR diet and will be for a very long time i reckon :giggle:

some really good responses on the subject here. I personally think there is too much food chat but u can't affect free will!! And taylor, its not ur fault at all, i think there was talk of food well before ur 'break'!! :) x

lads I am ducking out of this tread now. exact same thing is happening here unfortunately.

original comment was "its too much like 100% v a break", felt like people constantly needed last word and cant believe its happened on this too. :(

Best of luck all :D happy dieting

I havent been on this site very long but I thought the idea was to talk about our experiences, share ideas and offer support??? It seems to have got abit out of hand here and it doesnt seem to be a happy camp at the minute. I wont be stopping by for a while cause to be honest I didnt come here to be lectured and talked to the way some people have on here when they were simply asking for some support. Were all grown adults responsible for our own actions and we are entitled to live or lives the way we want to, that includes talking about our own dieting experience on this forum including if you have a break (planned or unplanned) - if that is your lipotrim experience then so be it, its your diet and your life and are entitled to share that experience with others on here plus last time I checked your not breaking the law! As Nelly was saying its getting very heated on here, regardless of your opinions people shouldnt be made to feel like crap by other posters (ive just read some comments from people on here directed at one lady asking for advice and was met with a barrage of criticism and it seems to be the same members everytime and just reading it from the outside looking in its starting to look like abit like gang) constructive critcism is fine but she was not made to feel like it was hense her posting a reply saying she was teary and upset. If follow lipotrim 100% thats brilliant, good for you, but everybody is different and people should be more tolerant in this day and age, if you dont want to read about some who is taking a break then simply dont read/particpate that thread, thats the simple answer really is it not? People can make an informed decision for themselves what is best for them.

Really no need for big writing is there?

Or is that just a classic example of someone misintrepting (sp?) the way something is being put because of text?

There are no gangs on here.

The reason behind it all is that people are wanting support for breaking a TFR diet which, for some, is hard to get their head around when its a forum for TFR support :)

To be fair, i think this thread should be closed if any of the mods are around .....

I also think any other threads like this should be closed too :)

Summergurl no offense but it seems to be you who has a massive issue with this (and thats your right). I really think you have done great, you are an inspiration to people and you pictures are amazing but in the nicest possible way, just lay off people.

as dee said if you dont like it dont reply. :D

Hey guys I don't wanna get involved in any heated discussion here but just wanted to say that all those who can do lipotrim 100% for as long as it takes them to get to goal are totally amazing and inspirational people like summergirl Betsy Botox and Dunlop and we all no that they are thepeople to ask for advice and they should be applauded for their success:0clapper: but I am one of those who have taken a break and I did so as I was feeling ready to stop but have slot more to lose taking a break gives me a renewed enthusiasm for LT and I am back on track plus I am confident that I can get back on track after taking a break so it doesn't bother me too much that I have taken a break. I am aware that taking a break puts me back a week but I know LT works and however long it take me I will get to goal with this diet but that will me my own personal journey and choice:) everyone is different and everyone copes differently. I love this forum and the support you can get I think that's what it should be about support not whether you are doing 100% or not??? Come on guys let it go it's not really that bad or important everyone is on an individual weight loss journey and as long as we lose the weight and become healthier people does it matter how we get there???:p or how long it takes:D

Can I just say this is a forum and none of us actually know each other or what personal problems we have, why we overeat etc. I'm disabled and whilst my doctor supports me being on LT, I've been advised that when I display certain symptoms, I need to eat. Does that make me a bad person. Should I be banned from the site? Both of my parents and Grandad are gravely ill. I am regularly at hospital for days & nights on end. I have to eat as I can't always prepare and nurses strangely enough won't make shakes etc. Again, am I on the, "wrong" diet because I can't stick to this 100%? I've been offered a gastric band on the NHS. If I really didn't want to do LT (the hard way) I could very easily have this weight problem fixed for me. But I don't. Sorry to rant but I'm really upset at the way some people think they can behave on this site which often constitutes bullying.
I've posted on here & been in tears on more than 1 occasion. I have no doubt at all that people went "off the wagon" in the past but were too ashamed to admit it on here and ASK FOR SUPPORT to get back on track. That is after all what this is here for, SUPPORT.
There shouldn't be two camps, there shouldn't be ***** comments.
And lets be honest, it's the behaviour of 1 or 2 people that has upset the majority of users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back