Taking Pounds Off And Motivation

to lose long trek

I started my dieting with CD at the beginning of January this year and used supplies my sister let me have to get started. She gave me two weeks of shakes/soups with the idea that I would see how I got on with them; I just wanted a kickstart into losing some weight. The end of the trial period came and I thought I might try it for another 4 weeks as it was bearable, tasted okay and I would probably benefit from sticking with it for just a bit longer. To do this I had to find a counsellor and go down the correct path with the GP etc. etc. So my intention was never more than a brief encounter with CD; I then met my counsellor Jemma Smart and she turned my expectations completely on the head.
Here was a woman that stood before me as tall, elegant and very attractive. I thought she could never have had first hand experience of the diet, this must be just a business to her. Will she be able to help me through the good and bad days? I should never have had those thoughts. She showed me her before and after photos; told me how she did it, how long she had kept it off and said that she had never been happier than she was right now. That was enough for me ..... she gave me the will, the steel in my backbone, that I finally needed to WANT to lose the weight. Off I went with a new approach to how I might achieve the loss I am looking for.
The next time we met, she helped me work out how I could go to a dinner party and not sway from my path. The next time we met she told me that she had entered herself to run "The New York Marathon" and she has since been giving the same determination into training for it.
Jem has been my greatest motivation for staying true to the diet plan for all these weeks. I have no intention of giving up now and I am completely focussed as you will see from any of my posts. I feel that sponsorship of her personal marathon via her chosen charity - Breast Cancer - is a wonderful way to show that her dedication is so worthwhile; both in losing over 13 stone and turning that loss into a very positive gain for the Breast Cancer charity. Please help if you can; donations - no matter how big or small - will raise the target and make a worthwhile gift to the charity, at a time when Cancer (the big C) is affecting the lives of so many. Click on the link below to find out more.JustGiving - Jemma Smart's Fundraising Page also take a look at Cambridge Diet forum / success stories / Jem before and after - to see the inspirational change.

Thanks for posting x

I started my dieting with CD at the beginning of January this year and used supplies my sister let me have to get started. She gave me two weeks of shakes/soups with the idea that I would see how I got on with them; I just wanted a kickstart into losing some weight. The end of the trial period came and I thought I might try it for another 4 weeks as it was bearable, tasted okay and I would probably benefit from sticking with it for just a bit longer. To do this I had to find a counsellor and go down the correct path with the GP etc. etc. So my intention was never more than a brief encounter with CD; I then met my counsellor Jemma Smart and she turned my expectations completely on the head.
Here was a woman that stood before me as tall, elegant and very attractive. I thought she could never have had first hand experience of the diet, this must be just a business to her. Will she be able to help me through the good and bad days? I should never have had those thoughts. She showed me her before and after photos; told me how she did it, how long she had kept it off and said that she had never been happier than she was right now. That was enough for me ..... she gave me the will, the steel in my backbone, that I finally needed to WANT to lose the weight. Off I went with a new approach to how I might achieve the loss I am looking for.
The next time we met, she helped me work out how I could go to a dinner party and not sway from my path. The next time we met she told me that she had entered herself to run "The New York Marathon" and she has since been giving the same determination into training for it.
Jem has been my greatest motivation for staying true to the diet plan for all these weeks. I have no intention of giving up now and I am completely focussed as you will see from any of my posts. I feel that sponsorship of her personal marathon via her chosen charity - Breast Cancer - is a wonderful way to show that her dedication is so worthwhile; both in losing over 13 stone and turning that loss into a very positive gain for the Breast Cancer charity. Please help if you can; donations - no matter how big or small - will raise the target and make a worthwhile gift to the charity, at a time when Cancer (the big C) is affecting the lives of so many. Click on the link below to find out more.JustGiving - Jemma Smart's Fundraising Page also take a look at Cambridge Diet forum / success stories / Jem before and after - to see the inspirational change.

what a lovely post :)

Thanks for sharing....and you're right ! Jem is FAB !!! :D

Debz xx

Di!!!!!

Your post just made me cry! Thanks so much for your kind words, you really are a lovely, lovely lady.

Isn't it funny that when you are feeling low and doubting yourself, something comes along to cheer you up and give you the kick up the bum that you need! After one or two vodkas too many last night :eek:, I was feeling a big fragile and was putting off going out for a run and doubting my ability to be able to actually run a marathon.....then having read your post it spurred me on and made me think that I can do it and that nothing worth achieving is ever easy!

I'm glad I've been some inspiration for you - my life has certainly changed beyond belief since discovering CD........I believe in the diet 100% and I get so much satisfaction from seeing my clients lose weight and become happier, healthier people.

I have absolutely no doubt that you will get to exactly where you want to be, your focus is infectious and will help you achieve your goals. If I can help you on your journey in any way, it will be an absolute pleasure to do so.

Thanks again :D

Jem xxx

Why thanks everyone but I only said it like it is. Jem is a true inspiration and deserves total support for her efforts. What she has done for herself, the promotion of the Breast Cancer Cause and also for the affirmation for so many users of Cambridge Diet that YOU can get on top of your weight problem as long as you look after the inner YOU. YOU CAN make the changes but it has to be YOU doing it and taking responsibility for your future. Jem is a testament to this and I hope you will not only make further progress with your weight loss but you might see your way to sponsoring Jem and helping her determination to achieve her next goal.
JustGiving - Jemma Smart's Fundraising Page

Back