Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

taking the plunge into the un-known!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Littleslimmingbee, 16 August 2010 Social URL.

1. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hi Guys.

Iv just recieved all my ww pack. - Eeek!

Im extremely nervous, iv studied the book all weekend and prepared a food plan for the week. I think i'v just about got my head around the basics. Im going to take the plunge on thursday, after i weigh in wednesday.

Its an entirely different way of eating, which im as equally confused as i am slightly excited! Im looking forward to eating tortilla wraps and various other things i avoid in favour for other lower synned things on SW. It never bothered me before but now i'm quite looking forward to it. Im hoping i'l gain a better perspective on portion control- mainly on how to listen to my body. I love my food and often mistake want for need. Although you can do this on sw, which is great if i want/need too.. when it comes to 'naughty' things like takeaway and stuff, it fails me and of course i end up making things alot worse for myself because i eat so much! ( is my waffeling making any sence?)

I just want some confidence about it all.. has any one else come over from sw and expeiranced a 'new diet loss' in the first week? or will my losses continue at the norm?

at my last weigh in at class (2 weeks ago) i was 9st 10.5, my target is usually 9 stone 8.5, but i had a bad week since then, Iv been working really hard this week to shift whatever i may have gained last week, so i will either 'sts' at next weigh in or be a pound or so above, as my home scales had registered me at 10 st 1 last week. I dont think what i did would have warrented a 5lb gain( as i have gained that much in one week in the past and done far worse) so i suspect my scales a bit incorrect but i would guess a 3lb gain possibly.. im not sure.. anyways the point is i want to be 9 stone 85, or (wishful thinking) a lb or so under for when i go on holiday in two and a half weeks. So i have a weigh in on wednesday, and another two after that before i leave.

is this achievable??

Oh, and one more thing.. my book says i can have 3 rice cakes for 1 point- am i wishful in thinking rice cakes means the big snack-a-jacks? xxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    Hi Fern :) Your losses are amazing, well done!!!

I used to do SW but I did Calorie Counting for a while before I started WW so I don't know about the big first week loss.
    Either way, a change is a good idea, and I wish you all the best!
    I prefer the freedom with WW, like you say, tortillas, pittas, that kinda thing! :)

I think it's 2 big plain rice cakes for 1 point, I'm not sure, and the trackers not working at the minute, but I'll have a look later. I could do with knowing myself actually...

Good luck for your first week! :)

4. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Gold Member

Hi fern you have made a right choice, I have tested other diet plans but always return back to ww.
    I have never had the rice cakes I may be wrong but they r really low in points, is it 2 r.c for 1 point???
    Good luck again x

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Fern welcome to the dark side ;)

The rice cakes are the massive big plain ones, but I know Snack a jacks are really low too so worth checking the points, theyll very possibly be the same

Your weight loss absolutely is achievable :)

6. pinkyfluff

pinkyfluff Grappling with life

Diet:
    slimming world
    Good luck Fern, that bit of weight will be off in no time.

x
    x

7. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    thanks guys. Wil check out snack-a-jacks when i shop..

atm im just going on what the little food list offers- can anyone suggest any yummy things i should try?? x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.