Talk me into it!!

yo-yo-dieter

Silver Member
Hello all, for those who don't know me, like name like nature I am a yo-yo-dieter. My most successful diet has been Lighter Life and I lost 3st 2lbs in three months, finished last September, and promptly have put on 1st 13lbs since then!

I don't want to put the whole lot back on and need to halt this slippery slope.

I thought about Calorie Counting, Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Rosemary Conley and Lighter Life, and while each diet has Pro's, they all also have con's.

Calorie Counting:
For: "I can eat whatever I like....."
Cons: Unfortunately I eat too much of whatever I like. I have no concept of the word "Moderation"....:confused:

WW
For: "I can eat whatever I like...."
CONS: As above. Plus it's fiddly working out points in stuff

SW:
For: I'll never be hungry....
Cons: I always seem to go over on SYNS, it's fiddly having to try and work out the SYNS and involves a lot of cooking from scratch

RC:
For: Novelty value - not done it before. Friends have had good results.
Against: Am allergic to group exercise.

LL:
For: Brilliant results last time! Not having a choice really suited me.
Against: Cost, struggle at work, don't like to take Blender in and draw attention to myself, so it means I don't have anything to "eat" between 5am - 3:30pm, and then I can't manage to drink all four before bedtime.

So, I'm thinking that CD sounds like a good idea as it's the same as LL? Yes?

So, does CD have any other good points that I might have missed?

I've phoned 1 of 2 local counsellors and left a message, so can you think of anything that I should ask?

I understand you can't have bars for two weeks, but are the Tetra packs okay to start on straightaway as they are what I would like to take to work with me to break the day up

Hi, get yourself on CD, it's fantastic. The tetra's are great, I personally pop mine in the freezer and have them as ice cream but I'm a housewife so for work they'd be great. I'd also advise having a big beaker at work and topping the tetra's up to a big drink, they're quite thick and creamy and can handle being made up to a pint which is a lovely long drink and you can make it last ages. The soups are great too and you could whip those up with a fork at work in a mug.

Come on, you know you want tooooooo .....

I only started on tuesday and I struggled with the thoughts of how I would manage in work with the whole blender business as well as I didnt want to tell people in work what I was doing

I switched yesterday to tetras and they are brillient they are pre made little packs that you can drink with a straw, some people have been using them to "milk" coffee I've not got around to that yet, I'll try it at the weekend but they are definitely more versatile, I've one in the freezer now to try it as an ice cream hopefully that nice :)

I have some soups too for a change when I am at home and in the humour for a new taste :)

totally agree with everyone. Get on cd, this diet is brill. I mainly have the tetra's they would be brill for work for you. I know im better at this that ww or something like that cuz i would tend to eat everything!! Id ask how soon can i start!!!!! :D :D

Well, that Cambridge Counsellor didn't ring me back, so I am gonna ring another one at a more decent hour.

Might be worth giving CD a whirl, your two cons for LL were cost and practicality at work. CD is cheaper and you can have Tetras from day one and bars after two weeks which is really handy for work.

Good luck

Georgie
x

You look great Porg!!

That is true, I start work at 6am and work til 2:45pm, then go pick the kids up from school and get home at 3:30pm. I never felt like having anything before I went to work, so I'd have a bar at lunchtime and would be okay. However I don't have any bars left, and don't want to go back to my LL counsellor, so I've been struggling each time I re-start. I reckon if I can have 2 tetra packs at work, then 1 shake or soup in the evening I will manage.

What time would be suitable to ring my new counsellor? *taps fingers impatiently*

Also, are the shakes like LL where if you make them up/open the tetra, you have to use them within 15 minutes?

Right - I have phoned another cambridge counsellor in my area (Adele) and the poor thing was in bed with a broken ankle so didn't have her diary to hand, and no one around to help her hobble downstairs so she said she would ring me back with a time and day to go see her (it's looking like Monday as she thought she was pretty quiet). She sounded lovely and friendly anyway.

Anyway co-incidence - she lives two doors away from my auntie! She asked if I knew the road she lived on, so I said "Oh yes, that's not far away at all, my Auntie lives at number 97" and she lives at 101.

So.....feel all excited and motivated now!

AND - she also said I could use up my old Lighter Life packs alongside my Cambridge Diet stuff. I wonder if that means I could spend half the money on bars and half tetra's, and then use my LL packs as the shakes to make up?

Excellent, how exciting and great that you won't have to waste your LL shakes! The powder shakes that you mix up do have to be used within 15 mins but the Tetras have a longer life (I think, although I'm not an expert!)

Gx

She has just phoned back, and I'm seeing her 6:45pm on Monday! Can't wait. She did tell me it was £37.50....so I wonder if that is a flat fee for all products?

Hi Yo-Yo,
Get on this diet, its excellent!!
It's like LL but cheaper and apparently the shakes taste better, but I wouldn't know that from personal experience, its just that my friend used to do LL but swapped to Cambridge. She said cambridge is much better!!
Let us know what you think!
CharX

Back