Talk me out of it please!!!!

rosiepeace

Silver Member
I've just gone and got my husband and son KFC for dinner as I'm having a bad day and hadn't arranged anything for tea.

I haven't had mine yet as I have to take the dog to the vet's but currently am REALLY wanting to go to KFC and get something for myself once the dog has been sorted (hopefully :() I've just looked to check the syns and am rather shocked to say the least!

Please please talk me out of it otherwise I will probably head over there and pick up a burger, large fries and popcorn chicken!!! Please please please help to talk me out of it
I want a really good weightloss this week - am not weighing in till Thursday but I did already have a KFC on monday so there is no need for me to have another one just because I haven't been organised.

I've also run out of eggs so can't have an omlette which I had planned on making while the boys were eating.

So please any quick and easy ideas for a dinner of some sort - will be either a red or EE day - have already had one HXA + B

Had bacon, eggs and cheese on toast for lunch with beans. Please please please help as I really don't want to do it.

Right am off now to have an apple and pear and then I'll be getting the dog ready to go to the vets - finger's crossed it's nothing serious!!! :(

I think you are amazing. You have a will to lose weight and that is why you came on here and asked for help - good for you! We have all been where you are so just think...you got as far as already walking into KFC and not buying a thing for yourself, if that isn't a will of iron what is?!!

Think of your 24lb weight loss and how hard you worked for it. Visualise yourself in the jeans/dress/bikini you are going to wear soon and then see if you still want KFC?

Do you have some chicken at home you could grill for dinner? Maybe you could use that for salad or in a light tortilla wrap? Might help curb the craving.

Short of that, IF you do slip up, and its only an if, please dont hammer yourself. Get right back on it tomorrow and you will be fine.

Although I dont think you are going to have that KFC...you really dont want it if you came on here to get us all to stop you :)

x

Thank you guys - I've been to the shops and have bought some chicken and some eggs so I'm going to have another go at KFC chicken - last time it didn't work too well, and I'm going to do that with roast carrots, roast baby pots, and some other veg on the side if I can find something in the freezer that looks edible.

And fitty - you are right I really didn't want it - although I did have some of the stuff that arrived here - the odd chip and popcorn chicken - it would be some much easier to do KFC but I stood on my sisters scales - and it looks like a good loss so far so I don't want to sabotage that for myself. :)

Thank you a million guys.

Well done! Rosie I noticed you are at Slimming World. I am planning to join a group locally. Has the group been partly responsible for your tremendous weight loss??

I have PCOS, and as I have never joined a slimmers club before, not sure if their diets are suited to the condition, which I think is best suited to low GI foods.

If anyone with PCOS has experience of slimming clubs that would be good. There is a group 5 minute walk from my home apparently, so think that is a good enough incentive to join!

glad you made it x.Yes you can do it with polycystic problems -when I went to group a alady suffered with it. It was slow but she lost lots so go for it and good luck

Thanks Louise, that is really good to know. I am very active physically, and enjoy sports etc but find I get lazy to go to the gym when I'm stressed usually about work or something gets in the way, so my goal is to exercise more and get fit by doing various activities in the week including joining a park fitness group, yoga and the twice a week to avoid monotony. I feel motivated by all of these posts on here and all the great success stories.

I never thought of joining a forum until now but I think I will be on here daily for a dose of inspiration !!!

I have PCOS, and as I have never joined a slimmers club before, not sure if their diets are suited to the condition, which I think is best suited to low GI foods.

If anyone with PCOS has experience of slimming clubs that would be good. There is a group 5 minute walk from my home apparently, so think that is a good enough incentive to join!

I have PCOS and I'm doing it on my own with the help of the lovely people on this forum :D I never really expected it to work as they say losing weight when you have PCOS is harder, but I can really recommend it. I'm doing brilliantly (ok, had 2 weeks where I gained, but that's to do with alcohol, 2 meals out and a KFC). I can honestly say it's the best diet I've ever been on, in fact it doesn't even feel like a diet cos you never go hungry and don't have to weigh out your food (unless it's for HEX's) and the choice of food is unlimitless really. :)

Hi Cazie, that is great and well done! Sorry you said you are doing it on your own but your profile says with Slimming World? Just interested because I am thinking of going to SW! x

i have got pcos and have managed the diet very well took me just under a year to lose this weight best thing i ever did was join sw

Hi Cazie, that is great and well done! Sorry you said you are doing it on your own but your profile says with Slimming World? Just interested because I am thinking of going to SW! x

Thanks :D Maybe I should change my profile - what I mean is that I'm doing the SW diet, but instead of going to classes I printed the diet from a dodgy internet site and get lots of help, support and ideas from here.

I keep all my paperwork in a folder and regularly go through the recipe section and print them and put them in my folder. On a Sunday night you will find me flipping through my folder and planning my weekly meals.

I find it really helps keep me on track as I refer to my planner daily and on the days when I come home from work and want food NOW, I can easily flip through my folder and find a quick recipe instantly and just alter my planner if it doesn't fit. x

Well done! Rosie I noticed you are at Slimming World. I am planning to join a group locally. Has the group been partly responsible for your tremendous weight loss??

Hiya hun - yes my great weight loss is all to do with slimming world - it is a fab diet as there really is no need to go hungry and there is no need not to have something you really want - there is usually a healthier way to create it. :D :)

As for POCS - not sure about that one - but if you throw a post up about it then I'm sure some lovely people will respond to you - I can see that a couple have already :)

Good luck on you walk whatever you decide to do :)

Back