talkative Newbie

Twiowl

Hi all :)

I've been thinking of doing slim and save as am now fed up with my weight and at my heaviest, am going for a spray tan on thursday but feel like canceling it due to my size.

Anyway i have done CD but lasted 2 weeks as i ended up being sick, shaking and headaches (Yes i was drink at least 3 litres a day) The consultant said it was prob do to me walking everyday all over the area (I was a carer), anyway i stopped as it didn't feel right to me.

I think i can do it this time, and i like the fact u get meals. As i've also stop smoking without any help (mind over matter really so going to use the same with this eating problem i have, read allen carr book and stopped there and then :) )

Few questions though:

Has anyone actually stuck with it and maintained ?
How do u choose do either 3 or 4 packs a day ?
How many bars are u allowed in one day ?
How much salad/veg u allowed a day ? Do you actually use this ?

I will be floating here a lot, i actually won't be able to start this until after easter as going to visit family down south.

thanks for listening to my rambling

I have 4 packs a day and only 1 of the packs is a bar.

I sometimes have the veg allowance or sometimes I have 3 packs and protein and veg depends what my plans are

Good luck with the weight loss journey

Few questions though:

Has anyone actually stuck with it and maintained ?

It's quite a new diet so I don't know of anyone who has maintained successfully with S&S yet as most of us are still on our weight loss journeys but like with all diets if you don't change your eating habits you will pile the weight back on. I've been on S&S for 7 months now minus a couple of planned breaks and am getting near my goal.

How do u choose do either 3 or 4 packs a day ?

I started out having 3 packs per day (the protein meal wasn't part of the plan when I started. After 6 weeks I introduced the veggies / salad. In February I introduced the protein meal. What you have is entirely up to you, so if you think that having a small protein meal with help you and you want to eat with family choose this, or if you want a complete break from food altogether then just have the mealpacks. You don't have to do the same thing each day so you could have the packs during the week and the protein at weekends for example if you wanted to. Just makes sure you have a multi vit if you are only doing 3 packs.

How many bars are u allowed in one day ?

Only 1 bar per day but you can have whatever else you like so you could actually have 4 portions of spag bol per day if you wanted to.

How much salad/veg u allowed a day ? Do you actually use this?

200g of certain salad / veg as per the plan details:

http://www.slimandsave.co.uk/vlcd-values/Full-VLCD-Programme.pdf

Yes, as above I introduced this in week 7.

Hi Twiowl,

Welcome to Slim & Save.

am going for a spray tan on thursday but feel like canceling it due to my size.

I can relate totally. I even hate going to the hairdressers at my current weight :confused::eek:

I think i can do it this time, and i like the fact u get meals.

I definitely think it can be a great help to some people. I know I am only on day 3 but I feel I am finding it easier than when I was doing exante (only soups and shakes, then just shakes) because of the meals.

200g of certain salad / veg as per the plan details:

http://www.slimandsave.co.uk/vlcd-values/Full-VLCD-Programme.pdf

Just read through the pdf and didn't realise we could have the 200g of veg when doing 4 packs a day, I might do that later on. Somehow I must have missed this on the sheet I received in my order.

Hi Luv2slim i know what u mean about the hairdressers as well. why did u go from Exante to Slim and Save ?

I think i would prefer the meals and i can't sit down with my 3 boys, which wouldn't feel so bad.

Also regarding Vitamins i have multi vitamins, vitamin b & c and omega 3 tablets do i stop taking them then :)

I do have a appointment with my GP so will talk to him about it as well, as i take tablets at the moment do to anxiety etc so fingers crossed i can do it :)

why did u go from Exante to Slim and Save ?

I hated the exante soups, to me they were absolutely awful. So I then got rid of my soups and bought all shakes instead but I found it hard to just drink liquid every day and not chew anything and so I gave up after 3 weeks :( I did manage to lose 12 lbs though! I recently discovered Slim and Save and liked the thought of 'meals' to keep me on track... Hopefully that will be the case. So far I can say that I much prefer the Slim and Save products than the exante ones (for some reason I feel guilty saying that).

I would check that none of your vitamin pills have vitamin A in - if not then you shuld be fine taking them. If you do 4 packs a day you get all of the vitamins you need so you may not want to take your extra ones. The omega 3 should be fine - I take one off those.

So far I can say that I much prefer the Slim and Save products than the exante ones (for some reason I feel guilty saying that).

Don't feel guilty Lol. I've never tried the Exante shakes or soups but I loved their porridge more than the S&S varieties. I do like most of the S&S products though apart from cottage pie which is the work of the devil but everyone has different tastes so what suits one doesn't necessarily suit another.

. I do like most of the S&S products though apart from cottage pie which is the work of the devil but everyone has different tastes so what suits one doesn't necessarily suit another.

I was looking forward to the cottage pie as well lmao

I like the cottage pie it's really filling and tastes lovely :)

I like the cottage pie it's really filling and tastes lovely :)

Twiowl, you'll also find out that there are some very strange people on this forum :D

BordersGirl said:
Twiowl, you'll also find out that there are some very strange people on this forum :D

Lol ha ha ha very strange he he :)

Back