Tandoori Chicken

Meli

Gold Member
What you need:

Chicken pieces (you choose, you can make a whole baby chicken, nibblets, drumsticks, chicken breasts)
3 tablespoons Tandoori Masala
150g pot of Fat Free Yougurt
1 tablespoon of garlic
lemon juice (1 tsp)
salt

To make the marinade you mix a 150g of yougurt with about 3 tablespoons of Tandoori Masala, 1 tablespoon of garlic, a 1 tsp lemon juice and salt to taste. Mix the chicken pieces properly in with the marinade and if possible keep in fridge up to 24 hours for maximum taste.

There are 2 ways which I normally make the chicken: oven or steam in normal pan.
If putting in oven, preheat oven to Gas Mark 7. Get a baking tray and put aluminum foil and place the chicken pieces on top and then cover with foil on top. Place in the oven for about 20-30 mins until done. Note: Timings may differ according to what pieces you are using.

Steaming in a normal pot, just put the chicken pieces in a normal pot and cover and simmer until chicken pieces are made, but you need to make sure it is on low heat or the chicken will stick to the bottom. You need to stir frequently. My friend also adds brussel sprouts when cooking in this way, which turns out quite nice!

I normally have this with Chickpea rice :)

Meli

Back