Target Members group

*honey

Silver Member
Hi All,
Just thought it might be good to have a Target members group. Somewhere to talk and share our tips and ideas for maintaining. Cos i dont know about anyone else, but i find the maintaining is harder than the losing was!!

Hi, count me in. Never imagined maintaining target would be that difficult. I haven't been there long but I feel a bit lost and not much advice :)

So don't want to put on but can't go below my 3lbs for target if I want to carry on going to group.

I only got to target just before xmas (called it early), so havnt found it a problem yet

would love to join, but gotta get back into target yet, I got to it before xmas and had xmas off, which I intended to do. Need 2lb off to get to the top end of my target, which fingers crossed should be this week. Maintaining seems pretty daunting to me, so any hints and tips would be fab

Helen xx

Let's face it if it was easy to maintain there would be far more slimmer consultants out there. I find the problem is getting bored with the same food day in and day out for years so when I have something off plan it reminds me how devine things can taste.

would love to join, but gotta get back into target yet, I got to it before xmas and had xmas off, which I intended to do. Need 2lb off to get to the top end of my target, which fingers crossed should be this week. Maintaining seems pretty daunting to me, so any hints and tips would be fab

Helen xx

You can join :) , I am not technically at target right now either, just shifting my xmas gain, but think in my head i still think of being at target, just a small glitch to correct...lol

You can join :) , I am not technically at target right now either, just shifting my xmas gain, but think in my head i still think of being at target, just a small glitch to correct...lol

exactly how I feel really, I am dealing with the gain, and not allowing it to go any further, so therefor will be back within target asap!

xx

Let's face it if it was easy to maintain there would be far more slimmer consultants out there. I find the problem is getting bored with the same food day in and day out for years so when I have something off plan it reminds me how devine things can taste.

I am never bored of my meals, we never have the same thing 2 weeks running, family favourites make the menu more frequently. I am a bit of a foody, so have a lot of cookbooks and love watching all the cookery tv programs for inspiration. With a little tweaking a large percentage of recipes can be adapted to make them SW friendly. ( my cook books are slowly getting a 'SW' marked in the corner of the page for anything that looks nice and can be SW adapted easily. - usually just the removal of oil!)
we have just tucked into a chocolate swiss roll for 3 syns for pudding :)

sadly honey my meals are restricted vastly by a daughter who is allergic to tomatoes in any form and she doesn't like yogurt/fromage frais. We loved things like avocado and mozzarello salads but she isn't willing to use syns for her meals. I would much rather eat avocado as a healthy extra as opposed to 2 highly chemical alpen bars full of sugar and salt. To have a bagel for breakfast would be lush. I also miss not being able to make a sandwich made for lunch from a multi grain loaf as it is not a healthy extra but i could eat 7 tins of sugar laden baked beans as a snack . I do get cross with SW sometimes when they say it is a healthy diet but then cover their chicken with say diet coke !!! whoops rant over xx

sadly honey my meals are restricted vastly by a daughter who is allergic to tomatoes in any form and she doesn't like yogurt/fromage frais. We loved things like avocado and mozzarello salads but she isn't willing to use syns for her meals. I would much rather eat avocado as a healthy extra as opposed to 2 highly chemical alpen bars full of sugar and salt. To have a bagel for breakfast would be lush. I also miss not being able to make a sandwich made for lunch from a multi grain loaf as it is not a healthy extra but i could eat 7 tins of sugar laden baked beans as a snack . I do get cross with SW sometimes when they say it is a healthy diet but then cover their chicken with say diet coke !!! whoops rant over xx

Tricky being allergic to tomatoes. I mostly dont use my syns on my meals, only occasionally, and then only 1 or 2. i do use HEA/HEB for dinners/lunchs. I have 3 syns alloted every day for a pudding.
I havent ever gone to class so have made up some of my own rules re HEB's mostly - our bread is never the actual ones allowed as a HEB, and has never effected our losses ( hubby now on 6 stone lost in a year :) ) and especially as your at target now, id be inclined to have your nice muti grain loaf, as you say its not unhealthy. if you gain having it then i guess its too much, but if that helps you maintain, and you enjoy it, and it feels like 'normal' food, then thats all good.
I think at target, it is about finding the balance between eating foods we like, but using the new learned SW techniques as it were to make better choices so as to not pile it all back on again.

Back