Target pressure

Kinakk

Hi everyone,

Looking for a bit of advice! I'm 2 pounds away from my 6 stone award and feeling the pressure to set a target. I never thought I'd have this problem as I've never really considered losing this much! I am currently 11stone 1 pound and 5'5 and am fitting into size 10/12 which is great but I feel I've come so far that being 10 stone would be wonderful and a healthy BMI. However I've never looked as heavy as I weigh and friends and family tell me I shouldn't lose too much more! I don't know who to listen to and would love some outside perspective!

BMI isn't everything and if you carry your weight in a way that 'hides' it (I'm the same, no-one would believe what I weigh as I fit a very comfy 16 yet weigh in at nearly 16st at present!!) then so much the better.

Its up to you really, not family, although they may have your best interests at heart. Maybe split the difference at 10.5 st and then reassess it there.

Work with what feels right for you, not what charts say or family believe. :)

Thanks girls I think I'll keep going at my own pace till I'm comfortable with a weight I can actually maintain! I joined my social team last week to keep me going to classes once target is reached! You get so used to having to lose weight that you never think how your gonna maintain it!

Only go as far as you're happy with, stuff everyone else! :)

Target

Hi, I too struggled to decide on a 'number' to set as a target. I was happy with how I was looking and delighted to be in size 12 clothes, like you, I seem to weigh heavy for how I actually look. There was no pressure from our 'leader' but you get to a point when it would be nice to stop paying... So I bought a six week countdown course and decided that whatever I weighed at the end of the six weeks was my target. It worked really well, it's like having a light at the end of the tunnel and it concentrates your efforts.
I've been in the target range now for about 3 months and I'm saving what I would have paid weekly to buy a mega Christmas outfit!
Best of luck, you will know what's best for you, trust youself. :)

It all depends on whether YOU want to loose more. If you are happy with how you are then just set a target for 1lb less, then its just a pound and not a big deal. I wouldnt worry about what everyone else thinks. If you arenty happy with what you are at now then just keep going without a target until you are x

Thanks princess! I guess my problem is I'm easily swayed and I don't know at what weight I'd really be happy! Each stone award has made me so happy that I feel loosing weight is when I'm happiest and I'm scared of stopping although I don't want to look too thin or be unhealthy either!

Hi, I too struggled to decide on a 'number' to set as a target. I was happy with how I was looking and delighted to be in size 12 clothes, like you, I seem to weigh heavy for how I actually look. There was no pressure from our 'leader' but you get to a point when it would be nice to stop paying... So I bought a six week countdown course and decided that whatever I weighed at the end of the six weeks was my target. It worked really well, it's like having a light at the end of the tunnel and it concentrates your efforts.
I've been in the target range now for about 3 months and I'm saving what I would have paid weekly to buy a mega Christmas outfit!
Best of luck, you will know what's best for you, trust youself. :)

Great advice I'm gonna keep going till Christmas and what I lose I lose!!

Back