Target treats

YummyMummy04

Silver Member
Hello peeps.

Was just planning a couple more goals and as they will be quite large ones i was going to give myself a couple of treats along the way.

I wondered what treats you all do to celebrate these milestones. Cheap or expensive.

I love my Boots no 7 creams and make up and decided when i loose 4 stones i am going to let one of their beauticians do a make over on me then i will buy the make up if i like the results (that one is a pricey one).

3 Stones and i am going to have my hair re styled and high lights. Needs a cut badly so i hope i dont have to wait until too long!

And a few other ideas but not as expensive or extravagant.

What are your little treats and luxurys?? :)

oooo good idea!

Obviously as my weight drops il need new clothes but i see that as nessary more then anything.

Hoping if i get quite slim to have my hair styled differently as its currently just long - would love it all feathered like jennifer anistons.

I wont get a makeover, i love the way i have my make up now - has taken 14 years to get right and no orange foundation lol.

But when my legs are slimmer im treating them to a pair of new boots with heels!!!

I'm planning of having my nails done,hair and definitely new clothes

I have got awful nails but when i have had nice false ones done before (at proper salons) i have a reaction to them. My skin gets all itchy all over and i have to have them removed within a couple of days. One time my eye swelled up too!

This was a few years ago but wondered if there was any newer sorts out that i might not react to. I do wonder if its the glue they put on rather than the acrylic nails itself.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Gal I have planned mine already, as follows:
Sticking to it for a week, today I bought 2 dresses in Primark for £11!!! NO lie....the most prettiest dresses!! Ones in a size 14 and other 16!

When lose 1 stone Im having a facial in Selfridges...which is actually booked for 1st March so I hope I can make it.
2stone and I will have my hair cut.
3stone pedicure and manicure (paid by OH)
4stone have my teeth done(veneers)
5stone book holiday to Ibiza in July

Havent thought of anymore but thats the plan. I think its important to not make food a treat anymore but to make these kinds of things treats!! Not cutting my hair will defo keep me in line LOL!!!

oooo good idea!

Obviously as my weight drops il need new clothes but i see that as nessary more then anything.

Hoping if i get quite slim to have my hair styled differently as its currently just long - would love it all feathered like jennifer anistons.

I wont get a makeover, i love the way i have my make up now - has taken 14 years to get right and no orange foundation lol.

But when my legs are slimmer im treating them to a pair of new boots with heels!!!

Ohhh cant wait for a pair of just below the knee boots with slim high heels! :D

I have got awful nails but when i have had nice false ones done before (at proper salons) i have a reaction to them. My skin gets all itchy all over and i have to have them removed within a couple of days. One time my eye swelled up too!

This was a few years ago but wondered if there was any newer sorts out that i might not react to. I do wonder if its the glue they put on rather than the acrylic nails itself.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Hi Ya,

Have you tried gel nails instead? I had the same kind of reaction with the acrylic ones, my real nails underneath actually felt like they were tightening up and there was a stange burning sensation, weird, however the gel ones had no effect on me at all, I explained to the saloon about the problem and she did a little test first and it was fine.

I have lots of little goals and give myself little treats, so far I have had a new handbag, my hair done, a pair of earrings and brought some really nice body moisteriser, one of the bestest was some pants in a much smaller size hehe.

Lisa xx

Gal I have planned mine already, as follows:
Sticking to it for a week, today I bought 2 dresses in Primark for £11!!! NO lie....the most prettiest dresses!! Ones in a size 14 and other 16!

When lose 1 stone Im having a facial in Selfridges...which is actually booked for 1st March so I hope I can make it.
2stone and I will have my hair cut.
3stone pedicure and manicure (paid by OH)
4stone have my teeth done(veneers)
5stone book holiday to Ibiza in July

Havent thought of anymore but thats the plan. I think its important to not make food a treat anymore but to make these kinds of things treats!! Not cutting my hair will defo keep me in line LOL!!!

Ohh facial sounds nice. Not had one before, might look into that one. And checkout Primark ;)

Hi Ya,

Have you tried gel nails instead? I had the same kind of reaction with the acrylic ones, my real nails underneath actually felt like they were tightening up and there was a stange burning sensation, weird, however the gel ones had no effect on me at all, I explained to the saloon about the problem and she did a little test first and it was fine.

I have lots of little goals and give myself little treats, so far I have had a new handbag, my hair done, a pair of earrings and brought some really nice body moisteriser, one of the bestest was some pants in a much smaller size hehe.

Lisa xx

Hi Lisa

When i hid a target i might try the gel ones. Like you said get them to do a test first. Do they still use that strong glue to stick them on with? thanks for the info :)

My reward will be new clothes when my old ones start falling off. By the time I get there I am sure I will be due. Most of my pants are full of holes.

Yummy mummy you could also try silk wraps. They don't use any extensions and if you have nails that tend to break they grow longer and stronger as they are supported by the wraps. I can't afford it now (broke student he he) but when I worked over the summer I always used to get it done.

Weight loss rewards

1 stone Bath with new book
2 stone Movie night with friends.
3 stone Professional leg wax.
4 stone Eyebrow wax.
5 stone Gel nails.
6 stone Join a gym and have PT sessions
7 stone Family dinner (at a vegan place or home cooked. Healthy food with minimal carbs. All my friends and family together!)
8 stone A night at a 4 or 5 star hotel
(overweight, not obese!)
9 stone Join a ballet school
10 stone A night at a 5 star hotel
(10.7 healthy weight, no longer overweight!)
11 stone Tattoo
12 stone Professional photo shoot.

Just curious as I would love to get gels nails done but I am a serial nail biter can I get them done with my little stubby nails? xxx

my reward is a holiday to florida in august to get a whole new wardrobe and to go on the rides without worrying the safety bars wont hold me lol. god hope i reach my goal!!!

I just have lil treats atm: I go to Lush or the Body Shop after my WIs and get myself a lil treat, so far I got a Bubble Bar (Lush), Massage Bar (Lush) and some Papaya Shower Gel (Body Shop) - I love these sorts of treats :D
When I get to goal or close enough to it, I'll buy myself a fab dress to wear at my cousin's wedding in June :D I've spotted this one so far http://www.isabellaoliver.com/images/medium/DR401.jpg but will probably change my mind a thousand times before then lol.

Ohh facial sounds nice. Not had one before, might look into that one. And checkout Primark ;)

Hi Lisa

When i hid a target i might try the gel ones. Like you said get them to do a test first. Do they still use that strong glue to stick them on with? thanks for the info :)

Emmie86 - Just curious as I would love to get gels nails done but I am a serial nail biter can I get them done with my little stubby nails? xxx

Hi ya girls, they dont use glue for the gel nails they put a sticky paper/card on the under part of the nail (between the finger tip and nail) to use as a guide for the gel to go onto and then they just brush the gel directly onto the nail the paper is then removed, its not a strong sticky more like post it sticky.

Emmie anyone can have gel nails done, even if they are short, I had caught one of my nails and bitten the sharp bit off, ouch, it was really short and once it was finished you couldnt tell.

If they are really short to start dont get them done too long, it takes a while to get used to them, as I found out, couldnt do anything lol. I think they called it athletic/sport length - just so they are slightly above the top of the finger, then longer next time.

Hope that helps x

I have a pandora bracelet and every half stone I get a new bead for it. For each stone also get figurine, I collect Nemesis Now Fairies. I also have my eye on a bag in Accesorize. I try and have things I wouldn't normally buy myself.

Nice thread!
I have a bottle of Moet and Chandon left from my 40th last year. When i get to target i will open it.
I have lost 3 stone so some of the things you have mentioned above i have managed such as the knee high boots. My first pair i bought made me feel like a million dollars, i felt very special. I have not had my hair highlighted for about 20 years so had that done for my 40th. I now save £10 a week so i can get it redone every couple of months or so as i like it so much. I also bought a red leather jacket which goes down to my knees. I absolutely adore the jacket and whilst it sounds extravagant it actually cost me £15 on ebay!
Reading that back i sound a bit spoilt but when you've gone with no treats for so many years, why not.
I now find these sort of treats are far more rewarding than anything food could do for me.

Thanks for the info Lisa. Once I am at my goal I am going to treat myself to getting my nails done and have a splurge on a whole new wardrobe and also am going on a holiday with friends in june so I can proudly strut about in a bikini rather then do the mad towel dance whenever I want to sunbathe and only drop the towel when I'm lying on the lounger lol xxx

My dad has promised me a whole new wardrobe when I get to target and my hubby, kids and I plan on heading off somewhere special like Hawaii and renewing our vows!! We are all excited, boys can't wait to wear tuxedo's and my daughter and I can't wait to buy something special to wear too. Its my hubby's 40th next year so it would be nice if we could combine the two

Back