Target Weights

YummyMummy04

Silver Member
Hello

I have been thinking about my target weight. :confused:

Initally i wanted to loose 2 stone but now have decided to go to 12 stone but to have a healthy BMI i should be 10 - 9 1/2 stones but i have already lost 2 1/4 stones and can see the difference and am thinking i will look gaunt and ill at 10 stone or less.

My cdc says it is healthy to have a waist measurement of at least half your height.

What are others targets? Are you going for healthy recommended BMI or stopping when you feel it is right??

Hi YummyMummy,

I think its a personal choice. At the start of CD I was 16 stone 9, and would be happy between 11 and 11 and a half stone. Now I think 11.5 puts me just over healthy BMI, but I know at that weight I am size 12-14 (pear shape) and as I'm 5'7 I feel healthy and still look curvy. If I go much lower my collar bone sticks out and its hard to maintain.

Thank you Scarlett.

I think you are right and i will know instinctiveyl when i am at target.

Thanks again

Hey,
I'm 5ft7 so when I start my goal will be 11 stone, as people have said I will look too thin any lower, but once I get there I will see how I feel. I would like to reach 10 and a half stones though, personally. See how you feel at 12 stones and make your decision from there x

Hiya,
I am 5' 8" and have been aiming at 11 stone, without thinking I would really get there. Now it is getting close, and I feel so much better... the whole of the 11 stone zone has felt great and I could easily have given up and stopped, as it's a long time since I've been this slim. I was 9st 7lbs for years until I hit about 25, and I know I don't want to go back there - it suited me then, but I'm older now and I don't think I'd look good.

I'm glad I set a target and chose it because it was the very top edge of the healthy weight range for my height in the CD booklet. I am now a healthy BMI and right about when I hit that, I started to feel good about what I had achieved and that was a great feeling. If I do get to target and stay there for a little while, I would like to then push down into the 10s just a tiny bit, literally lose 3lbs more to get to 10st 11lbs, making an overall loss of 4 stone. This would be a little 'safety net' and the plan would then be never to let myself go above 11 if possible.

Sorry for long post, this is something I am just working out right now! We all know what is right for us when we get there, and it's different for all of us. And it has to be
a/ achievable
b/ maintainable!

xxx

I'm 5 ft 4 my origianl goal was 10 stone which I have reached, but now I'm there I can see that I need to loose more, so I set a new target of 9st 7, but would really like to get to 9 stone to give me a bit of a safety net, and probably settle around 9 st 4 lbs

Hey, I am 5'4'' my initial goal is 10 stone. It also depends on dress size. I would love to be a size 10, not sure how likely this is due to my thighs. My plan is to SS to 10 stone, then work up the plans, to hopefully lose another half stone

Hiya.

I'm 5'5. A couple of years back I lost weight and got down to 10stone, which looked good so this time around i'm going to a little further and aim for 9stone 7, then if i don't like it, I can gain a few pounds till i'm happy. Congratulations on your loss so far! x

I am currently 13st 2lb and I am 5' 4". My initial goal is 10st 7lb but if I have got more time before my hols I will keep going until I hit the 9's. 9st 13lb would be great for me.

bmi is only a guidance. a good guide, but that's all it is. if you feel that you are getting too thin then don't lose any more when you reach your target. however a lot of people find that when they reach their target and become accustomed to how they look they then want to take their weight loss a little further. i wouldn't worry about it until you get there. then you'll know how you feel :)

abz xx

My goal is 12 stone at the moment as it seemed a huge amount to lose when I first started CD :eek:
However I am now thinking that maybe I'll aim for 11 stone which will put my bmi smack on 25. Haven't decided yet but I'm going to evaluate when I get to my initial goal.

Annie x

when I started cd put 11st as my goal. I quickly changed it to 10st:D as completely doable

I do think that when I get there, I will see how I feel and maybe go further, but for now 10st would be a dream:cool:

to have a healthy BMI i should be between 10 and 12 stone so I have set my target as 11st to be right in the middle. I will re-evaluate things once I am closer to goal but I think that I will want to me at the lower end of the BMI scale just because I am 5'9 but long legs and a small pelvis so to be up near the 12st bit tends to show I am carrying excess weight

I'm 5'7" and started at 13st 10lbs and now got to just over 13st. I'd love to be just under 10stone but we'll see. My aim at the mo is 12stone, that I WILL be pleased with!

Last time I was thin was when I used to cycle and didn't have kids, I managed 10st 10lbs and I felt really, really sexy :)

I'm about the same height as you YummyMummy, and I have set my target at 11stone 11lb. That was a bit random as I just decided at 13stone 11 that I wanted to lose another 2 stone. Will see what I feel like when I get there!

I'm 5'2. My first goal is to get to 9st. Once I get there I'll decide if I want to get to 8.7 which is my ultimate goal. Just to be under 10st would be great. :)

I'm 5' 10" and set my goal at 11 stone. Once I got there though I thought I could get away with being 10st 7 and not look too gaunt. Currently 10 st 10 so 3 more pounds to go and I think I'll be happy with that (though I'll still have a size 14 arse!). xx

I'm 5ft 3". I set my initial goal at 10 stone-but then I decided to make it 9 instead. I could go lower I suppose but I know I would struggle to maintain it. I thought 9 was good as it would give me a bit more leeway-as I would be happy being 9 1/2 but no more.

i didnt have a weight in mind really, i just thought i would like to be a size 14, I feel better with curves ;)
Now i am a size 14 and 12st 6lb, I dont want to be out of a size 14, but i am not happy to stay at 12st 6lb as i carry the weight round my belly, so i am thinking another stone, and i will be happy there :D

Thank you all.

Def food for thought lol I think i will see how i feel and look at 12 stone and take it from there.

Back