Target.

Gemma1986

Im just me!
When you get to target what will you do to keep your weight off.
Will any of you follow a diet like weight watchers or slimming world.
I was just woundering what you do.

I will be joining SW.

I like that the diet doesn't restrict you too much. And is just a way for me to have a good balanced diet. It promotes eating veg and fruit (as they are "free") which has to be good for me in the long run!

In the past I could go for days (or even sometimes weeks!) Without eating any fruit or veg!

Am not sure what I will do, will chat about it with my CDC I think. I do need something to help me control my portions so not sure... But hopefully the last step of Cambridge is something we can do for ever?!

For me I'm learning how to maintain now, my OH is on WW and I try to cook her healthy meals and find different ways of cooking, if I do it now then it'll be easier for me when I get there.

In principal I will probably calorie count, I find it a really useful and interesting thing to do and I use the 'my fitness pal' app even now and calorie count my shakes, milk allowance and SS+ meal so I can keep an eye on what I'm taking in.

X

I don't want to be on a diet for the rest of my life i've been doing that for the last 12 years all thats done is got me fat. i'm gonna reduce my portions cause thats something i've never done even on sw and choose healthy snacks and keep treats to a very min etc once a month on sw because of syns I treated my self daliy. I think I'm probably more likey to sway alittle towards low gi or adkins but without going full hog for it.
i got this size though ott snacking so if i change my snacks to healthy at set times (the reason i like my shakes at set times) eating will just become a habit and not a treat and I should be ok.

I think I will follow something. Not quite sure what yet but I know I'll always battle with my weight so I just have to face that.
Something that doesn't require too much counting and faffing around would be good!

slimming world for me red days at the beginning anyway

I'll be following Weight watchers. I'll be joining when I am about 1st from goal so that I can become a gold member and not have to pay the weekly fee. I've always needed to be accountable to someone when I'm dieting and loved doing WW as it allowed me to eat "normal" food but couldn't go overboard iykwim. Of course there were times I'd save my points up to eat junk rather than a meal but I know that I have to eat sensibley too.
I hope to never let myself go more than 7lb over my goal weight so its easy to get off again ( I would also have to pay at WW then and I'd prefer not to lol)

I still have 3 or 3 and a half stone to lose and im going to move over to WW in about a stone-stone and half time. Im not doing very well sticking to cd (haven't been doing well since Xmas haha!!!) so hopefully the move to lose the rest will work out for me.

I will be joining SW.

I like that the diet doesn't restrict you too much. And is just a way for me to have a good balanced diet. It promotes eating veg and fruit (as they are "free") which has to be good for me in the long run!

In the past I could go for days (or even sometimes weeks!) Without eating any fruit or veg!

Fruit and Veg is also '0' points on ww now...they have changed it dramatically - I really liked it when I started.

I am also going to do the WW plan when I get a stone from goal....I like the plan and I have LOADS of cook books on WW to help me get through and No one knows you're doing ww when you are (or slimming world for that matter)

lshafik said:
Fruit and Veg is also '0' points on ww now...they have changed it dramatically - I really liked it when I started.

I am also going to do the WW plan when I get a stone from goal....I like the plan and I have LOADS of cook books on WW to help me get through and No one knows you're doing ww when you are (or slimming world for that matter)

Wow they have made all fruit free? May need to look into this once I'm at goal

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow they have made all fruit free? May need to look into this once I'm at goal

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yup it's free however just remember there is still a limit to when free changes so you have to track it all..

...I was eating it all day when I was on it...Mmm!

Hi I'm new to this, this is my first post! I have been doing Cambridge diet since end of jan. I want to lost 1 or 2 more stone. Once I achieve my target I will probably do slimming world to maintain. Either that, or eat healthy monday to friday, and allow myself treats only on weekends, and have weekly weigh ins to keep an eye on things.

Thank you Emms, I'm still finding my way around at the mo! x

You'll get used to it in no time
check Out some of the other diet threads too coz they are all very inspirational !
Emms x

Back