taste..?

littlelindy

hey.. ave not started my CD yet i have my appt with my cdc on sat but was just wonderin what the shakes and soups taste like? do you get different flavours?

xx

Yep, there are several different flavours of each. My personal faves are:

Shakes: Butterscotch, Chocolate Mint, made into a mousse though
Soups: Oriental Chilli, Chicken & Mushroom
Bars: Toffee, Caramel, Peanut
Porridge: Apple & Cinamon

Don't really do the tetras

wow they sound lovely lol.. am so excited to start :D

If you go in to the Cambridge diet website theres a full list of flavours to choose from. I live on:
soup; spicy tomato, oriental chilli, chicken+mushroom
shake: vanilla(made into a frappe with a good heap of coffee and ice), choc mint
bar: peanut, cranberry.
It would be worth you checking out the flavours in advance. I tended to get flavours i like in food anyway, so I'd be less likely to hate any of them. Then once i knew a few i liked i had these again the next week, along with the others i hadn't tried.
Porridge and cheese and broccolli soup seem to be one of the 'love em or hate em' flavours. Personally i hate both of them.
Hope it goes well with your cdc. If all is ok with you medically you could be starting straight away if you wanted! You've made the right choice, it may not be the easiest thing at times but the results are so worth it. You'll love it! xx

Hi lindy

I like both the original and the apple/cinammon porridges, depends if I am in a savoury or sweet mood. I have one porridge a day.
The cheese and broccoli soup was awful in my opinion, but it must have its fans. I think I read on this site that it is being withdrawn.
I love the leek and potato soup, tomato soup and vegetable soup best,
For shakes it tends to be banana, chocolate, strawberry, vanilla and have just got into cappuchino.
I can't trust myself around the bars so my friend keeps them at her house and I get brought one a couple of times a week - seem to like all the bars.
It looks as if we all have developed our own tastes, which might also change as you progress on CD.

i live on banana tetra's and choc mint shakes currently but my likes are

shakes: banana, choc, choc mint, strawberry
soup: chicken and mushroom, vegetable
tetra: banana, strawberry
bars: choc, malt toffee

for your first week i would recommend getting a good mix of flavours of the products plus one or 2 extra just in case there is one you just cant force down!
Personally, i love most of the products...i'm not a fan of the bars or tetra's but i would eat them if necessary. I love the shakes the best and live on butterscotch, banana, most of the choc ones are lovely, LOVE the cappacino one too with loads of ice like a frappacino! YUM!

xx

thanks guys al have a look at the website so i am prepared for sat, i am hoping that i can start on sun, i have nothing medically wrong with me i am healthy apart from being a bit over weight so fingers crossed all is well..!!

x

Back