taster night at my weekly weigh in help!!!

kaz79

hi all i have my first ever taster night at my weekly weigh in tomorrow night and i don't know what to take!!!

has anyone got any ideas? what did you take?

thank you

karen xxxxx

syn free crisps, pasta and sauce (homemade), syn free tikka or low syn korma, risotto theres a recipe thread on here with lots of ideas good luck x

syn free crisps, pasta and sauce (homemade), syn free tikka or low syn korma, risotto theres a recipe thread on here with lots of ideas good luck x

There is no such thing as syn free crisps - certainly not how most people would eat crisps anyway (ie as a snack between meals)

There are recipes for crisps on here that you might be able to argue could be construed as free, but really that should only count if (like SW chips/wedges were intended to be eaten) as part of a main meal, with 2/3 free and 1/3 superfree, etc.

The problem with classifying something as "free" is that it then gives people the idea they can eat as much as they want whenever and however they want - before you know it, you've had 3 spuds worth/half a dozen lasagne sheets of "free crisps" you've consumed a couple of hundred calories, but are still hungry and now its time for dinner (with rice/pasta/potatoes etc)

You'd be best off looking in the recipe forums and try using the search function for "taster night" "low syn snack foods" "picnic foods" etc.

And while you're at it, try a search on "syn free crisps" or "lasagne crisps" - you'll find this particular argument has gone on dozens of times before!

thank you wendy for the lovely ideas the low syn korma sounds fab i will have to find the recipe,

mandy296 i didn't even realise there was a search button on here silly me thanks for pointing it out it will make things a lot easier from now on

thanks again to both of you

karen xx

Thanks for posting that, I was also under the impression you could fill up on any free foods whenever you are hungry. I must have misread it totally :(

Back