taster night at my weekly weigh in help!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Weekly Weigh In' started by kaz79, 27 April 2011 Social URL.

1. kaz79

kaz79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(6.98%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi all i have my first ever taster night at my weekly weigh in tomorrow night and i don't know what to take!!!

has anyone got any ideas? what did you take?

thank you

karen xxxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. wenjenn66

wenjenn66 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    syn free crisps, pasta and sauce (homemade), syn free tikka or low syn korma, risotto theres a recipe thread on here with lots of ideas good luck x

4. mandy296

mandy296 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(23.89%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    There is no such thing as syn free crisps - certainly not how most people would eat crisps anyway (ie as a snack between meals)

There are recipes for crisps on here that you might be able to argue could be construed as free, but really that should only count if (like SW chips/wedges were intended to be eaten) as part of a main meal, with 2/3 free and 1/3 superfree, etc.

The problem with classifying something as "free" is that it then gives people the idea they can eat as much as they want whenever and however they want - before you know it, you've had 3 spuds worth/half a dozen lasagne sheets of "free crisps" you've consumed a couple of hundred calories, but are still hungry and now its time for dinner (with rice/pasta/potatoes etc)

You'd be best off looking in the recipe forums and try using the search function for "taster night" "low syn snack foods" "picnic foods" etc.

And while you're at it, try a search on "syn free crisps" or "lasagne crisps" - you'll find this particular argument has gone on dozens of times before!

5. kaz79

kaz79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(6.98%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    thank you wendy for the lovely ideas the low syn korma sounds fab i will have to find the recipe,

mandy296 i didn't even realise there was a search button on here silly me thanks for pointing it out it will make things a lot easier from now on

thanks again to both of you

karen xx

6. zellka

zellka Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.86%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thanks for posting that, I was also under the impression you could fill up on any free foods whenever you are hungry. I must have misread it totally :(

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.