Taster Night in class

CHRISR

Gold Member
We have a class taster night in a couple of weeks ive taken cous cous salad before
What has other people taken? I would like to be a bit different this time - any ideas would be great
Thank you:eatdrink051:xxx

When i used to go to classes i took some pretzels because i used to love two vodkas and a little dish of pretzels as a friday treat for 10 syns. Most other people took larger dishes but people were interested in snack style food too.

Hya. I made a quorn spinach, and chickpea curry. I have insulated serving dishes, bit like thermos flask. So didnt have to worry about heating it up. Everyone loved it as a change.:jelous:

how about a coconut cake??
6415_118276160666_528245666_2769039_6697530_s.jpg
Recipe in recipe section. :D

tasters

hi, i made a cheese cake which i got out of the slimming world mag, it was really nice and tuk bowl of forest fruits to put on top and it looked lvli, went down well and everyone sed it was lvli !! thankgoodness xxxx

Hi thanks for the suggestions i like the idea of both cos unfortunately i am a sweet tooth
At taster nights you want it to taste good and look good too.

I like to make a real effort, like you said its nice for it to look good and taste good. Whats the recipe for a s.w. friendly coconut cake please?

Recipe from SW recipe section as mentioned above
Coconut Cake low syn....... with pics 12syns for whole cake, serves 6
CAKE
3 eggs
1ounce self raising flour(4 1/2 syns)
4 tablespoons granulated sweetener
1 tbs desecated coconut(4 1/2 syns)
6 glace cherrys(3 syns)
2 teaspoons coconut flavoring
TOPPING
1/2 tub quark, 3 tbs sweetner.

Whisk up egg whites until stiff.
in a separate bowl whisk egg yolks with coconut flavouring and 4 tbs of sweetner then add a 1/4 of the egg white & beat until pale yellow.
Next add the flour gradually & fold into the mix carefully, when all flour has been added then add the rest of the egg whites & fold in.
Pour into a small tin sprayed with frylight & bake in the oven on 180 for about 10 to 12 mins or until golden & firm to the touch.
Take out of the oven, leave to cool, when cool mix the quark and 3tbs sweetner together and spread onto cake, then sprinkle on the coconut and decorate with the cherrys :p

Back