Taster Session at group- idea's please!!!

kimberleycandukan

Silver Member
To celebrate Miss Slinky at group this Wednesday we are doing a taster session themed "Party Food", (also designed to help with the run up to Christmas) but my gosh I do not know what to make!
I'm on my 5th week of slimming world and only snack on fruit or raw carrot. I wouldn't know where to begin with a canape that everyone can try.

The only things I've thought of so far is devilled eggs or mini quiches (crustless) but I think it will be quite expensive to make enough for 40 people to try (I only buy free range eggs).

If there are any suggestions out there, I would greatly appreciate it.
I have to sort of think outside the box too as we won't want lots of repeats of syn free hummus and crudites. Lol.

Thanks for your help in advance xxx

How about making a quiche then cutting it up into bite-size cubes? I use 4 eggs to make one big quiche, you'd easily cut that into 20 or 30 pieces. You could pop each bit into a little festive bun-case, stick a cocktail stick into it, and pop a cherry tomato on the top.

You could also go the desserts route and make slimming world "buttons". Mix fat free natural yoghurt (or muller light) with a sachet of options and add some sweetener, then drop teaspoonfuls onto a baking tray lined with grease proof paper and freeze. You can also add vanilla essence for a bit more flavour or play with different flavours of free yoghurt and options x

Thanks for your help guys!!!
Ladies have been posting on the facebook thread today so quiches have been done and I live in a house share with only 3 freezer drawers between 4 adults so I can't make the chocolate buttons- although they sound AMAZING and I will try them when I'm at my mums for Christmas!

Thanks again guys, I'll let you know what I end up with! lol xxx

You could also go the desserts route and make slimming world "buttons". Mix fat free natural yoghurt (or muller light) with a sachet of options and add some sweetener, then drop teaspoonfuls onto a baking tray lined with grease proof paper and freeze. You can also add vanilla essence for a bit more flavour or play with different flavours of free yoghurt and options x

Do these need to be defrosted before eating or eaten frozen?

Denise

Back