TBSx LL Journey...

Families hey. You'll work it out I'm sure. Sounds like you've had a productive day lol. Enjoy your chillax and have a fab week off Hun. Xxx

What an eventful day! Im sure u will make the rightchoice regarding ur dad. Iv just brought my dad ans his parents bk into contact after 15 yrs of no contact. Enjoy ur week off sweet x

heya!
Need to catch up on your diary! But in a nut shell I must ask (bluntly of course): you missing any socks? hahahaha from your trip?

I know..I know...READ it myself :(

Just thought I would check in and see how you are doing. BUt looking up above, I can see I do need to read up and learn about psycho pony(?)
Hope you are well...missed ya
xx

weebles said:
heya!
Need to catch up on your diary! But in a nut shell I must ask (bluntly of course): you missing any socks? hahahaha from your trip?

I know..I know...READ it myself :(

Just thought I would check in and see how you are doing. BUt looking up above, I can see I do need to read up and learn about psycho pony(?)
Hope you are well...missed ya
xx

Omg I feel well thick or slightly spooked that in my previous mischievous life I did have a thing for socks lol

Psycho pony is my pet name for my daughters pony Charlie lol he freaks me out and bloody plays on it lol I am now looking after him because she is warn out. Omg just realised I am like her groom lol

I am good thanks hunny hope you are ok missed us being around xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Gosh sweetie what a load of emotions your Dad getting in touch will stir up. Especially as he is ill.

I have not had contact with my Dad for 5 years, but had news of him indirectly too recently.

The good news is you don't need to use food anymore to dull the emotions, and this does not have to send you off track.

It seems like you are calm about it, but we dont always react the way we think we will. Sometimes the reaction happens when the shock wears off.

You are in a really good place at the moment, so keep coming back to that. Whatever his motives were to get in touch. I'm sure there is an element of "poor me" going on. Try to remember the drama triangle and the roles we play when someone is inviting us into their drama.

Stay strong and focused on your own children and life.

You are amazing!!

HannahNewton said:
Gosh sweetie what a load of emotions your Dad getting in touch will stir up. Especially as he is ill.

I have not had contact with my Dad for 5 years, but had news of him indirectly too recently.

The good news is you don't need to use food anymore to dull the emotions, and this does not have to send you off track.

It seems like you are calm about it, but we dont always react the way we think we will. Sometimes the reaction happens when the shock wears off.

You are in a really good place at the moment, so keep coming back to that. Whatever his motives were to get in touch. I'm sure there is an element of "poor me" going on. Try to remember the drama triangle and the roles we play when someone is inviting us into their drama.

Stay strong and focused on your own children and life.

You are amazing!!

I do feel in a good place chick but and isn't there always a but he is still my dad or at least that's what keeps popping into my head whether I want it to or not! I have some soul searching to do and will probably talk to my sister about what her thoughts are. Either way I feel no emotional need to eat!

Thanks for your kind words I really appreciate it xx

Day 74

Wow who would have thought I could stay on a diet for 74 days. Not me that's for sure, I am so proud of myself lol.

Got up and me and my daughter went to turn out psycho pony. She decided to muck out but we talked about me loaning a horse, she wants us to be able to ride out together which is nice! I would like to bug it's finding one that's well behaved. Less fat on my bones means more pain when I fall off lol!

Decided to paint the garden fence after much persuasion from my lad. Omg only managed 2 panels and was knackered. My garden is huge its going to take me all week to do it. Thankfully my lad did the bottom fence. I also bought some plants, goodness knows why they will die Luke the rest.

I went to see my LLC today needed water flavourings, when I arrived there was 5 rather round ladies sitting watching the LL DVD. Memories came flooding back I was once one if those ladies. I had a big if a moment where I felt pleased with myself for getting this far and looking and feeling so different to how I dud earlier this year.

No food thoughts, although when I hear about or see food I get total food envy! I find myself saying when I can eat again an awful lot. O am not tempted to deviate but really hope I have full control when I can eat again! I managed 4 litres plus packs today so that was good news.

Right that's it for me tonight, hope you all enjoyed the sunshine xxx

Hiya hunnibee.

OMG you have done brilliant this far. I really admire your willpower. Hope psycho pony is not giving u too much grief lol and good luck on the garden/decorating venture. Enjoy your time off. Xxx

:party0019:

Julslynne said:
Hiya hunnibee.

OMG you have done brilliant this far. I really admire your willpower. Hope psycho pony is not giving u too much grief lol and good luck on the garden/decorating venture. Enjoy your time off. Xxx

:party0019:

Hi my lovely, thanks for the compliment it really is appreciated. It's funny I have realised a lot about myself doing LL particularly that I need/ want people to praise me! Argh why!?! Hmm not liking that fact though and need to work on it.

Anyway day off from psycho pony my daughter is riding him so wants to sort him out today, yay lol ( I do love him really)

Just sitting looking at the garden fence and plants I have bought, can't get motivated. Why do they have to be dirty tasks lol, they will ruin my nails, I sooooooo need a man lol

Have a fab day chick hope the weathers good xx

I don't think it is a problem wanting/needing people to praise you - that's inbuilt from when we are born.

The problem might be if you consistently sacrifice yourself in order to please other people - or if you don't feel self-worth unless others are praising you (and again a common failing I think!).

Sorry - just random thoughts!

Good morning sunshine!
Did some reading in your diary. Mucho going on for you AND..you are on day 75 now?! Where has the time gone...LOL It has gone fairly fast though, right? Okay, some days slower than others :(

Read about your Dad. I have no words of wisdom on this but a same situation that plagues my family with distant parents, or rather choices that were made brothers to NOT have contact because of various reasons. (won't get into them).
Sounds to me, your Dad is reaching out (like you said) and to perhaps get his affairs in order? Make some form of ammends for whatever happened.
Whatever you decide to do - have no regrets. Once they are gone...they are GONE. The past is the past: nobody can change it and it has made you who you are today. Parents are not perfect and they did what they did thinking it was for the best (be it the best for them or you).
Someone said something to me years ago and I retain it to this very day:
Resentment or grudges do no harm to the person against whom you hold these feelings BUT every day and every night of your life, they are eating at you.

Do what is right for you and I wish you the best of luck making your decision - not easy.
xx

Hobbit said:
I don't think it is a problem wanting/needing people to praise you - that's inbuilt from when we are born.

The problem might be if you consistently sacrifice yourself in order to please other people - or if you don't feel self-worth unless others are praising you (and again a common failing I think!).

Sorry - just random thoughts!

Random, no it helps! I have fallen into sacrificing myself and I am hoping that this journey is one of discovery for me in many ways. I have certainly established that I can't truly live anyone until I love myself first!

Thanks hun xx

weebles said:
Good morning sunshine!
Did some reading in your diary. Mucho going on for you AND..you are on day 75 now?! Where has the time gone...LOL It has gone fairly fast though, right? Okay, some days slower than others :(

Read about your Dad. I have no words of wisdom on this but a same situation that plagues my family with distant parents, or rather choices that were made brothers to NOT have contact because of various reasons. (won't get into them).
Sounds to me, your Dad is reaching out (like you said) and to perhaps get his affairs in order? Make some form of ammends for whatever happened.
Whatever you decide to do - have no regrets. Once they are gone...they are GONE. The past is the past: nobody can change it and it has made you who you are today. Parents are not perfect and they did what they did thinking it was for the best (be it the best for them or you).
Someone said something to me years ago and I retain it to this very day:
Resentment or grudges do no harm to the person against whom you hold these feelings BUT every day and every night of your life, they are eating at you.

Do what is right for you and I wish you the best of luck making your decision - not easy.
xx

Hey lovely good to have your input I really value it.

I know I can't quite believe it myself, day 75!! It has gone so fast even the slow days, I am gonna hit my goal baby you watch me!! Lol

As for my dysfunctional family well it sounds like yours is the same as mine brother has no contact with any of us either, but I am happy with that one! Some things are left in the past! As for my dad well it has been playing on my mind so much I am so confused! I had a horrible childhood but so did many others it did as you say make me a better stronger person and totally love my two children unconditionally so for that i am grateful. I need to really think about this and speak to mum k have also realised that I am not ad close to her as I want to be! This year really is a year of wow moments!

Hope you are doing ok chick and enjoying the sunshine xxxx

Day 75

What another glorious day today! Loving this weather just makes me feel so much happier.

Got up quite early my son woke me not intentionally he is in the bedroom next to mine and I dont sleep well. Got up to open the bedroom windows to let the fresh air in for the day and spotted him painting the fence. Apparently the spray contraption I bought yesterday has given up the ghost already hmmm not impressed I am going to write and complain, not something I would normally do but really annoyed also the paint is rubbish too I have used 35 litres and only done half the fence so far arghhhh.

Anyway bought another one, spray thingy lol, which was expensive but brilliant, that teach me for being cost effective wont it! Here's hoping the weather stays nice for my week off I have some painting and gardening to do this week.

Psycho pony was on his best behaviour today didnt have to do him as my daughter wanted to, so I went with her for company. I do lo9ve spending time with her. I am considering loaning a horse so we can hack out together.

No food thoughts but water is really doing my swede in now, I am really struggling to get it down when I am busy. Managed 3 litres so far so one more to go.

Lots of thinking going on about my dad and my mum at the moment. I am thinking I might go see my mum to see how the landlies with regards to seeing my dad. It will all be fine I am sure, just worried about how emotional it will be. I told my daughter whats been going on with the blood issues etc and she was so grown up she said you should go see him. Bless her she does surprise me sometimes.

Not much more to report on today my lovelies, hope you have had a lovely day sunbathing. xx

Our kids have good insights - don't they? You raised both your kids well. Hats off to you.
Sometimes I wonder where my son got his common sense from - as he too gives me good input.

The weather up here was delicious! Everyone seems happier today and friendly.

Enjoy your week off! Miss gardening :( Next year we hope to have one but we just moved into this place a wee while ago so our yard is a mess.

Now get glugging my dear (the water), and have a nice long soak in the tub tonight.

Day 76

What a day, this has to be the worst day for food thoughts since doing this diet. I am hoping its because the dreaded monthly is due this week and so its kicked in my hunger mode and nothing else. At least if its that I know I will get past today and its not an ongoing I need food battle thats about to begin. Arghhhhhh it will be an early night tonight for sure.

I have also realised that I have had a blip without realising, nothing major no food passed my lips but I have been using a mouth spray with alcohol in it without realising, granted not often but still.

Also last night I really wanted a coffee but cant drink it black, without thinking I made it with some of a vanilla pack, doh I had already had the 4 packs for that day so really shouldnt of had it. The only thing I can put it down to is my head is a scrambled mess this week with all the family stuff going on.

Also missing the class this week due to being away didnt help, just realised how much I rely on it. Can wait to go to my WI this week and see the lovely ladies in the class!! The counselling is priceless.

So today was officially day 1 of a week off, didn't do much touch of gardening, mucked out psycho pony and chilled watching rubbish daytime TV. Here's hoping I dont get woken up at stupid o'clock again tomorrow.

Hope you have all had a fabulous day xx

Lady T!!!! I wouldnt worry too much about the mouth spray,least you know now hun.
Lots of luck for ur WI tomo xxxx hugs x

Awe Hun. Dont worry about the mouthwash. It's such a minuscule amount anyway, I seriously doubt whether it does affect u. Day 1 of your week off - lush. Let's hope the weather lasts. Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow. Stay strong xoxo:-Dxoxo

Your havin great weight loses so cant imagine it has had much affect huni.

Read about the Dad situation, my Dad has passed away now but for years I let him into my life only to be let down etc. In the end I cut him out. It was hard but it was right for me, he caused to much upset. Everyone used to say "but its your Dad" he wasnt my dad but my father - he was never a Dad like my hubby is with my daughter, there's a difference between a Dad and a father.

What I'm trying to say is, you have to do what is right for you and no-one else. I think speaking to your mum is a good idea. But if you want to see him then do, if you dont then dont ...you should have no guilt or regret.

Just take your time to decide hun, you'll know whats right for you and your mum.

xxx

Your havin great weight loses so cant imagine it has had much affect huni.

Read about the Dad situation, my Dad has passed away now but for years I let him into my life only to be let down etc. In the end I cut him out. It was hard but it was right for me, he caused to much upset. Everyone used to say "but its your Dad" he wasnt my dad but my father - he was never a Dad like my hubby is with my daughter, there's a difference between a Dad and a father.

What I'm trying to say is, you have to do what is right for you and no-one else. I think speaking to your mum is a good idea. But if you want to see him then do, if you dont then dont ...you should have no guilt or regret.

Just take your time to decide hun, you'll know whats right for you and your mum.

xxx

Thanks hun for the words of wisdom. I am taking my time with the decision after it its not just about me its about my children too. Everyday my sister is asking if I have decided I think she wants to contct him but is looking to me for approval I think. She looks up to me and probably asks my advice more than she would my mum. It will all work out in the end regrdless of which way I go with the decision.

xx

Back