Team 27 - Weight to go team- The CD Returners

IW2BS, your DH seems to have lots of contacts and so hopefully something will turn up. It'll be hard having him in Holland but at least you know it's temporary. Still, life dishes out odd cards so it could turm permenant and you'll be moving out there. What'll be will be.
I hope you do continue to post as we have all got to know each other and it is good to have our chat for morale, about life as well as diet.

Oh god, my DD had to make an easter bonnet for nursery tomorrow. We spent an hour sticking shiny rabbits & chicks, feathers to a yellow hat. My daughter glued 2 chicks to the hat, one on the top & one on the front. i showed her how to make a nest for them by scrunching up brown crepe paper and we left it to dry in the sun. when she went to bed I decided (ooh such a bright idea this) to super glue chocolate eggs into the nest. So, watching Waterloo Road and avoiding temptation of eating any. I decided to quickly glue them on and then cover them in the glue to help secure them. Yes I did. I glued 2 of my fingers together. Visions of getting both the girls out of bed and then sitting in a&e for the evening rushed through my mind in a blind panic. Then I read the box and, because it must be a regular occurance, it said to clean them with soap & hot water. I rushed to the tap, highly sceptical, and after a few minutes it eased and then broke apart. Relief washed over me. Okay, my skin has prised apart but I still have a coat of glue on two of my fingers. It feels like I am wearing plasters, lol. (It is also hard to work the mousepad on my laptop) Could of been worse, could have gone in my eye - there was advice for that too.
We live & learn!

Hiya guys,

How are we all today? Big hugs to you all.

My week hasn't gone well. I've fallen off the wagon on more than one occasion, culminating in 6 huge cookies and a pasta bake yesterday. I'm utterly disgusted with myself! What am I playing at?

So anyway, on the scales this morning I have maintained at 14st 12lb. I had lost 2lbs at the beginning of the week, so really I guess I have gained 2. :(

POO!

Me xxxxx

hey guys.
Not going to that staffield hall this weekend its a different place, just a weekend away nothing major.

Well i weighed myself this morning and i was 16.4 on my scales and her scales are a lb more than mine so hopefully have lost at least 3lbs by weigh in tomorrow. I wonder why i am loosing such small numbers?

Hey ss. Glad your back. I know how hard it is but just keep trying. If you dont keep trying you never know how far you could have got!
Just think only 12? weeks till your wedding now? Whats 12 weeks when you can be so happy in your wedding dress and feel amazing???

Wez? Your a joker thats something i would do glue your fingers together... at least it stops you raiding the cupboards

Well we are off tomorrow on 4 hour journey and normally we pack the car with sweets!!! The temptaion is there sooooooooooo badly.

Iwant2beslim............. millions of fingers and toes and hugs for you for hubby getting the job!!!
xxxxx

HAve a good weekend fnm itl be great we shall miss you !

ss dont worry if you have 12 weeks till your wedding then thats 3 stone just think of the tie in stones :)

Glad i can still post thanks guys let you know how he gets on xxxxx

yep i shall miss you guys! I will be weighing in tomorrow morning (3 days early) and wont be able to tell you all till sunday evening! :(

hey ho.
xx

SS - I think you did well to sts if you have had a few cheats. Echoing the others, 3 stone still possible to lose before your wedding will make a huge difference. Let's face it, the diet isn't cheap and you don't get to eat much sp it really has to be your willpower that keeps you rolling along on that wagon. Wouldn't it help to keep in touch here more regularly? That isn't meant to sound a nag but it just helps me that's all. If you ate a big cookie (or 6!) then thinking about your confessions here just might prevent total destruction and a full eating binge. Still, I appreciate it is not always possible to get online when you are busy. We are here for each other after all.

FNM - if you wi tomorrow is that for next week's entry? Don't envy you. Still, 3lb will be a great loss, especially an early one. Why do you think it isn't much? Aren't we supposed to be losing 3.5lbs a week? My scales say I have put on 2lb but I am still in ketosis (relieved after painkillers) so hopefully fat is burning somewhere.

IW2BS - yes, let us know how your DH gets on. We are rooting for you. You need a great dollop of luck.

I feel better about water today so will aim to drink 4 litres. I think I've just been feeling sorry for myself. My back seems a bit better though numbness is travelling up the back of my leg, it doesn't hurt but feels weird. Hopefully it'll be sorted by next week because I don't want to have to see the GP only to be told it'd help to lose weight. Yes, I know. I AM trying!

I echo wez! coming on here does stop me from straying! there are people in the room with chips and my god am i hungry!

I have a raging headache too!

One thing. My sister is on this diet and fainted 4 times this morning. Has anyone heard of this? its her second week?

Yep weigh in is tomorrow for next week! already lost 2 measly pooey pounds this week!

Cant wait to be with h2b for the weekend havent seen him since sunday night!!!!
x

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh have a good time bless you so nice to have some quality time ahhhhhh :)
I do think that logging on does help the not cheating situation you have loads of support here wel help you untill you want to be.
G
Feel a bit of a hypocryte since i cant even do it now :( am so down about it so ready to lose the weight now :(
Oh well these things happen for a reason.
To be honest i felt faint for the first few days but figured my body had gone into shock!!!! ha ha
Some people can manage and some cant same as any diet i think, its made by docs though dont know ... she should stop if it keeps happening though worrying love to you all xxx

Hi guys.

one incy wincy question.
I am ovulating and we normally use condoms at this time of the month as we are gonna try after the honeymoon but do you think IF we didnt use anything and i fell that being on the diet without knowing i was pregnant would be harmful?
x

That's a question that I think you know the answer to. A foetus will take priority and take all the nutrients it needs before you so it'll be the pregnant mum who suffers most. It obviously isn't advisable to be pregnant on CD but in the early days I doubt (but I'm no medic unlike yourself) it would do any lasting harm providing as soon as you discovered you were pg then you stopped cd immediately. Some other diets like slimming world allow pregnant ladies on a special plan. I know when I was 1st pg, I had had a bender of a weekend but honestly no harm because no alcohol passed my lips for the remainder of pregnancy.
I have read that you are more fertile on cd, maybe because of weightloss or being packed with loads of healthy nutrients from packs. I honestly don't know.
It's funny, I got pregnant this time last year (romantically planned into school hols!), she was due 9th jan and came 3 weeks early, just before xmas (20th)- scuppered all my plans. I do feel bad that her birthday is so close to xmas, going to have to make that extra special for her in the future. Sorry, gone off the point a bit.

About your sis, maybe drinking more water will help with lightheaded / fainting? Maybe it is the spread of the packs and so it might be better to split them into 6 meals so she "ate" more regularly. IW2BS is right, we all react differently.

IW2BS, you sound so down and it is sad that there is nothing we can do to help. I'm glad you are still joining in, it'll be strange without you. At least you know how tough this diet is so can keep poking us when we stumble, hopefully you'll be back on track with us as soon as you can.

Well, managed to get 4 litres in and no cheats. Excuse me for mentionning it but I could do with being more regular IYKWIM. Hopefully, the scales will get back to normal soon.

We are off to Portsmouth tomorrow to visit relatives (& a few shops) so my good intentions are to drink as much as I can without embarressing myself by needing the loo too often and to come here probably in the evening for a catch up. Are you away from tomorrow FNM? Wishing you a good break (especially with what you've got planned from your previous post).

Hi guys! Just came back from WI and lost 1lb :cry: I'm getting worried cos I've been on my period for 11days now. Fingers crossed next week I'l be finished and I'll have a bigger loss. I'm starting 810 plan now. So we'll see nxt week.

Thanks girls xxxx

Going to make a super effort just for today. And make more effort to come on here! If today goes well, I'll do the same tomorrow -- take it on step at a time! You're absolutely right -- 3st is achievable if I get my bum into gear!

Today I have a few projects planned.

1. I intend to go and do a good long stretch on my cross trainer. I haven't done one for weeks, and I can feel it.

2. I'm going to have a super tidy up and sort out of all the junk in the spare bedrooms! Maybe even eBay a few things.

3. Going to chuck out all my 'big' clothes (I have some more now).

4. Stick to my shakes!

5. Scan in some old photos

Have you guys got anything planned for the Easter break? xxxx

Hi guys! Just came back from WI and lost 1lb :cry: I'm getting worried cos I've been on my period for 11days now. Fingers crossed next week I'l be finished and I'll have a bigger loss. I'm starting 810 plan now. So we'll see nxt week.

I've heard about that with others, P. I'm not sure why it happens of CD! Are you feeling ok in yourself? xxx

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh have a good time bless you so nice to have some quality time ahhhhhh :)
I do think that logging on does help the not cheating situation you have loads of support here wel help you untill you want to be.
G
Feel a bit of a hypocryte since i cant even do it now :( am so down about it so ready to lose the weight now :(
Oh well these things happen for a reason.
To be honest i felt faint for the first few days but figured my body had gone into shock!!!! ha ha
Some people can manage and some cant same as any diet i think, its made by docs though dont know ... she should stop if it keeps happening though worrying love to you all xxx

Lots of love to you too hun, keep battling xxxx

Oh Petrina, I really feel for you. How soul destroying but hopefully next week WILL show that loss you have worked for.

SS - hope your projects are going well. I tried ebaying maternity and baby stuff but it didn't shift for much, I think people just aren't spending. Saying that, I was glad to get rid and make some space and actually have cash in my paypal account to spend rather than taking it from my bank account. Hope it goes better for you.

Got back from Portsmouth and was not tempted by anything, as DD chomped away on mini easter eggs. I really appreciate the feeling of not being hungry and when I was asked if i wanted a sandwich I could honestly answer no because I really didn't want one.
Tomorrow my dd is going to a birthday party and then round a friend's to play. It'll be nice for DH, baby and me to spend time together but as the weather is pants then I'm not sure what that will be. Typically, DH suggested going for a long lunch. Hmmm, does he really need to keep being reminded? So, thinking caps are on.
Yes, I did manage to have 4 litres today. I'm glad weather is warmer (even if wet) so I feel like a drink.

Results so far

Wez 1.44%
FNM 0.85%
Petrina 0.67%
SunnySmile 0%

Team 0.75%

I have pm'd & FB Gamma so if I get her result then I'll add them on otherwise I'll submit these to Ireneh tomorrow.

IW2BS - Am I right that you are not dieting at the moment so will not have any results now? Let me know if I've got it wrong. I'd hate to offend you.

No im not cambridging now :( ran out of my supply feel huge again already am hating it, i know its just glycogen going back but its getting me down. Am really worried that i wont be able to lose weight any other way, its like my head is saying i cant lose weight and eat food??!! i keep thinking cos ive done this ive messed myself up so will find it harder to lose weight :( Still no sign of a job so no hope of getting back to it.
What would you guys do??? Do you think slimfast is any good?? am upset as was so focused and determined.
Ill try and keep you going.
Youl be ok if you do fall pres FNM as long as you stop as soon as you find out youl be fine and you are more fertile on this!
Love n hugs sorry i sound so poo
Petrina go to the docs if you dont stop bleeding soon your iron levels will get low and your start to feel really tired.
Take care girls xxxxxxxxxx

The trouble with slimfast is that it doesn't curb your hunger pangs but it does give you the nutrients you need.
Hunger can go with Atkins as that puts you back in ketosis pls you can est if you are hungry, DH likes it and has nearly lost a stone. There are loads of great recipes out there, mainly american so I had to buy measuring cups. Didn't suit me though, maybe I ate too much.

It is hard searching for a diet when you know cd works. Give slimfast a try and maybe have a lurk on their forum.

I pm'd Ireneh the results from post 257 as I didn't hear from Gamma this week.

We are out for the day. We are meeting my sister and her family at Bristol Zoo. Lovely way to spend the day. I'll make sure I'll make sure I pack my bar and plenty of water. Really looking forward to it. DD was awake at 4 (thoughts of the zoo & easter bunny coming) but she managed to go back to bed till 6:30 and an hour later the baby is still asleep so I can get lots done - making picnics for them and getting a washing load on. DH is rubbish on the computer so I have to get directions from Google too. I hope they appreciate this as they sit watching spongebob and eating chocolate!

Back