Team 27 - Weight to go team- The CD Returners

as for the team, could we not pm Naz and Iwantto be slim and see if they still want to be in the team?

Can't pm Naz as she hasn't enough posts and contacted Iwant2beslim on FB but she didn't get back. I pm'd MissM too and she came back - hurrah! I will try Iw2bs again.

100% is so hard, we'd been out swimming today and wanted to go to the park after but it rained so we ended up in cafe nero. Dh and dd had hot choc with cream & choc sprinkles plus a cake each. I was cold and couldn't face water from their fridge so had a large mug of tea but had to have milk as I just don't like the look of black tea. It wasn't a big problem and I've exercised and kept up water so hopefully can keep this up for a good loss.

It must be so hard to go to the funeral of a peer, Trisha. You were lucky you could get time off work as alot of places wouldn't unless they were family.
Good luck on the job searching, make sure you look at their websites too as you get a good feel from what they want to show you.

Hope the weather is fine tomorrow as we are off to Legoland!

Wez I'm sure the little bit of milk in the tea would be okay. especially as you've been exercising and drunk loads of water.

One of the jobs at the primary school sounds interesting, from what I've read on the website I might ring and see if I can visit the school on friday as I get an early finish then as I do a lunch time club so I get last period off, their ads says visits are welcome, but it depends if they can fit me in then. I could possibly go one lunch time but it would be pushing it to get there and back to school in an hour.

I was lucky to get time off but as year 11 have left, and year 10 were out on work experience so me missing for a couple of hours didn't cause too many problems, they are pretty good about staff taking time off for things like that.

Trisha, when are the closing dates? It is so near to the end of the year that it seems strange to advertise.

Today was fab. We went to Legoland, we hadn't been before and was amazed by how big it was. There were a few showers but it was warm and we were well equipped from rain macs to sun lotion. I was surprised how dd didn't complain once about all the walking. I think she was distracted by everything around her. The queues were short, the longest we waited was 15 mins but most of the time we got on straight away. We all loved it there and will definately be back, we even got 1/2 price tickets from their website for parents and toddlers up to 5.
It was easy to be 100% and we walked loads so it is all good. Hope to go to a safari park tomorrow.

well done on staying 100% sounds like you have a fun time at Lego Land, enjoy the safari park tomorrow.

the closing dates are next week, it does seem strange to have them so close to the end of term. we finish next week, some schools finish this week, but most schools in the area finish the week after us. However support staff only have to give 4 weeks notice unlike teachers, so I guess thats why as the 4 weeks can go into the holidays.

I'm afraid to say I haven't been 100% I caved in and had some biscuits in the staff room, then it was someones birthday and I had a cake as well ! I must do better tomorrow as up untilthen I'd been 100%, next week I've got 2 do's at school, don't know what I'm going to do, and end of term lunch with pasties etc with the department, hopfully they'll not get any veggie one like last year (the pastie people forgot to put then in or so the head of dept said) then an end of term buffet for all the staff on the last day, again there is normally nothing much on for veggies - just hope its like that this year which will give me an excuse not to eat, people at work don't know about cd and I want it to stay that way.

Last time I did cd I never told work either, just don't want to fight the negative comments but they were so supportive about losing my baby weight and then an lsa admitted she was doing it but ate school meals to keep as a cover so she lost but more slowly and not in ketosis. Our staff room always has food of one sort or another available and people think they are helpful offering a banana as a supportive gesture. Have you mentionned you are dieting at all?

We had a great time at Longleat safari park. Dd was scared feeding the deer who stuck their heads in the car but happily encounted all the other animals. We all had fun on the attractions and came back tired (no extra exercise), didn't help baby woke at 5:45 today so I'd been up for ages anyway. Dd has a fair at her nursery this weekend and I thought I'd make cakes today, the lemon drizzle has come out well but not the victoria sponge, I think my recipe was too large for the depth of my 20cm tins. I'll try again tomorrow with larger tins! Ideally, I want to drop them off at the nursery tomorrow ready for their fair and before we go out for the day at a theme park - Paultons. We went 18 months ago but I'm sure dd will get more out of it this time. We are having such a super time holidaying at home and the weather hasn't been too bad either.
I had a blip today: licking ice-creams (but not having one myself) & "tasting" the cake mixture. That gave me stomach cramps so drank a litre of water and had my porridge, luckily they went soon after.

people at school think I'm doing low carbs, which is true! I just have soup at work, which is something I always had before, but I would also have extras like a bread roll, yougurt and flapjack etc, so I can get away with it, by saying no carbs, I've said its a life style change. They go on at anyone on any kind of diet, there are a couple of teachers doing ww, but when one of them wants a cake or pudding from school they buy the other one too!

Last edited:
Sounds like you had lovely day at the safari park. I remember going to one of them when my daughter was small Ahh those were the days ! she'd rather go shopping to the Trafford Centre or Manchester now which I also enjoy, but always come away broke because I always end up buying her loads of stuff, she looks so nice in everything she tries on, shes a very slim size 6 - 8, she always wants to go for a nice lunch as well, which doesn't do my diet much good even though I stick to salad.

I don't want to wish time away, but I am looking forward to when my 2 girls are older and we can shop for a day out. I used to do it with my mum and sister, it was good. How lucky for your daughter to be so tiny, I was never that small, mainly a 10-12 in eatly teens and then settling at a 14 later and through uni. Does she appreciate her lovely size or, due to media and peer pressure, still think she is fat?

Today we had a super time at the amusement park. Feeling guilty about all the time baby has spent in her pram over the past few days but she gets her revenge when her routine is shot and doesn't want to go to sleep and wakes for an hour in the night. At least we'll be back on track next week.
I was pleased that my victoria sponge that I thought had had it, was looking much better this morning - quirky in a homemade kind of way but look better when the jam and sprinkled icing sugar was on it. My dd loved helping with the drizzle icing on the other cake, licking her fingers a bit too much. Funny when we popped into her nursery to drop them in about 10ish and they were having sports day, she wanted to stay and actually cried. Became a tense moment but she cheered up in the car.
Diet has been fine today. It is easier when out of the house as I don't want to buy something to spoil it but happily wander into the kitchen at home.

Gosh you were small when you were young 10 - 12 is still tiny. yes my dd appreciates her size and knows shes not fat, she doesn't care about what her peers think, although it might be different if she did have a weight problem. I always moan that she's lucky she can eat so much and stay slim, but as she says, she only eats when she is hungry, never eats between meals doesn't eat much junk food, hardly ever in fact, doesn't snack or pick at food and doesn't eat chocolate, she still had 2 boxes of hoclates left from Christmas until last week when she took them away with her and let all of her friends eat them, she didn't have one, she can open a box of choclates and only have one then not touch them for weeks on end, so its not suprising she is slim. I guess I've done something right, bringing her up like that (I never rewarded her with chocolate but things like books which she loves) just wish I had her willpower. If there is chocolate in the house I will eat it.

Sounds ike you've had another lovely day,how did you stop yourself from eating the cake? I've done okay today diet wise, there were loads of cakes, flapjacks etc at work again but I didn't have one! but when I got home I did have 2 oatcakes,!!

hi Wez sts at wi :sigh: which is rather annoying, I'd lost 3 lbs up to thurs morn but seem to have put these back on again! :sigh: must be those oat cakes :mad::mad:

Hi All,
sorry I have not been on-line. Our PC has been out of action and we have had to buy this new one today.

I am afraid I have only just been able to use it now so I have not read posts to this thread but thought I would just let you know my weight loss (am I too late ??) anyway my loss is 5lbs...really pleased that is almost a stone :D.

My son has been pulling his hair out without access to the internet so will pass him this the pc. I will catch-up with all posts tomorrow.

I hope everything is going well for you.

speak soon

Puggy

Thanks for your results.

Puggy 2.51%
Wez 0.56%
Trisha 0%

Team 1.17%

I'll check in the morning but if no more results come in then I'll submit these.

Pants weather today, just drizzling all day. It had made me feel so tired and hungry today. Ate nuts and cheese but not excessively. My hair has been rubbish, really limp because of the damp.
The 2 fetes we went too were fine and entice you to spend lots of money so hope I win something on their raffles now.
Trisha, are you going ahead with the job applications?

Hi All sorry i am late. I have been celebrating since friday morning with my friend on her hen do and i forgot i wouldn't have access to a PC until now. Can you believe i just got in from a club. My feet are killing me, my head is pounding and the music was way too loud. i swear i am getting too old for this..Anyway i have lost 3lb and i am now dead on 12 stone, really wanted to be in the 11s so hopefully i can lose about 3-4lb by saturday next week. Well done everyone.

I'll type a proper message when i wake up later. can't believe i am only just going to bed!!!!!!!!!!!!

well done everyone on the losses, sorry I've let the team down will do better next week!! (hopefully)

Weather here in Lancashire is fine and sunny for a change, went to the church summer fair and spend loads, hope we win one of the raffles but I doubt it.

Went looking at the school on Friday, it seemed to have a nice atmostphere, but also very different to what I'm used to lots of different cultures there, As I've always worked in "church" schools so 99% of the pupils are Christians, they seem to get a lot of "international" form all over the world. The job is mainly aimed at working with them and liasing with local authorities, and other such agencies, so I guess it will depend if anyone applies who can speak different languages although it didn't ask for that and said there was also "BEMAS" support, so we'll have to see. I've also applied to for thr permanent one in the special school, but I know that jobs in special schools in my area normally go to people who have done supply there, (they are also asking for "casual" TA's) but I can't afford to give up my job and start to do "supply" in the hope it will lead to a permanent job.

Miss M where did you go on the hen night? sounds like you had a good time.

Results submitted!

Puggy 2.51%
MissM 1.75
Wez 0.56%
Trisha 0%

Team 1.32%

MissM, well done on your loss. It's amazing the difference between being 13lbs rather than the next stone, it is only 1lb but it feels a huge leap down. Great work!
Sounds like you had a fun hen night, clubs are hard going when sober and feeling old! Still, the company and celebrations make it worthwhile. What time did you get in-5ish?

Trisha - the liason post is really interesting and will be a great new challenge, multicultural schools help you understand their lifestyles even though you will not always agree with their views but it is all a matter of respect, even when it isn't received. Would you prefer the special school?

Finding it hard again with the water intake because the weather was rough again. We had a Tesco delivery today because I couldn't face dragging the family around to shop after a busy week and really not in the mood. Lovely when I planned dh's menu for the week (although delivery man had a laugh at the arrival of my 1 carrot but that was all I needed for the recipe)and could get exactly what I needed plus £10 off the shop. It is really helpful having the favourites list with your usual shop so I don't forget anything - nice way to spend yesterday evening. Even better when it arrives in the earlier part of the 2 hour slot, so we could have lunch and go out.

Must get the rest of my 3 litres in and resist drinking tea.

I think I'll advertise Naz's space as I have no way of contacting her. I have contacted IW2BS on FB and she has been ill so hopefully she'll be in touch with me soon.

Lost 3lbs this week. Really pleased.
Funny day today after a week of having all the family home for a week, it is just baby and me and it is pouring down with rain and she is crying. Ho hum!

Weekly results:
.24% CD W8 Warrior Princesses!*** (21)
2568d1219874696-team-7-fat-fighters-main-thread-star.bmp
W16
W26
2999d1226167441-pink-star-pink-star.bmp
W16
W21
W26
3 results Tif (4.88%)
2.53% SKINNY BEATCHS (24)
W10
W17
W19
W21
W27
W17
W27 6 results roberta (4.28%)

1.74% The Water Babes (9)
W5
W15
W 18
W5
W15
W18 4 results Kitt21 (3.03%)

1.32% Weight to go (27)
W13
W13
W19 4 results Puggy (2.51%)

% Moving Mountains (4)
W1
W1
W24 no results

% The Sliminators (25)
W8
W23
W25
W8
W9
W23
W25 no results

Oh and noticed from stats I have moved from obese to overweight and lost nearly 20% of original weight. A whole fifth of me has gone!!

Back