Team 27 - Weight to go team- The CD Returners

We had a great time in Wales and the weather was lovely, usually rains when we are there. My dad had had flood damage and needs to pack up the downstairs as the furniture is being put into storage and the insurers are moving their workmen in tomorrow to dry it out, could take up to 6 months to fully restore it as they are unsure how deep into the foundations it has gone but has travelled 2-3 feet up the wall. Sad as they have recently had a conservatory and bought expensive flooring. Him and his partner are upset as they have to move into a local hotel and it is hardly homely. Felt like we were in the way a bit but it was lovely to see him and today we spent time with my sister's family whose daughter is the same age as mine. Took 3.5 hours to get home and had to stop twice as I needed to feed baby and dd needed the loo. As usual, tells you at the last minute when you are nowhere near a public loo, had to stop at a pub and pop in.

Diet went great as there was nothing I could cheat with and I couldn't weigh. So, tomorrow's wi will hopefully show a good loss.

Alipally, I'm surprised you have checked your weight, still hidden the scales in the garage? Poor doggy, he'd hate to be on a diet, wouldn't he?

1lb off Trisha, well done. A step nearer your goal. Have you changed your goal on your ticker?

I didn't change my goal, just added the 4 lbs I put on over the holiday, not changed this weeks wi as official one isn't until tues

Well, it's not even 5am and I'm already up and wide awake.....

Refusing to get dressed just yet, although I have weighed myself again... I know, daily weighers and all that, i thought I'd put it behind me and after this weeks weigh in I may just put them back in the garage again!
I STILL have lost NOTHING this week :mad: I'm mad.... I've been 100% no deviations, and it's never happened to me before, I was one of life't plodders... could guarantee 3.5lb every week, week in week out... that's nothing since Thursday... So I've ambled into the sewing room, and measured myself.... Thank God for the Tape measure!!!
I've lost 1" off my bust 1 1/2" off my waist and 1" off my hips!!! Even if the scales aren't being kind at least I'm getting smaller!! :)

Never mind Ali, it will probably come off next wi, that is my trouble I lost the weight slowly even when I'd been 100% and got really down and ended up cheating, and since then I've found it really hard to kick the habit of picking, so I'm losing weight even slower. I've not been as bad for picking this week but I have still picked aaarrgghhh!!! I'm going to try not weighing everyday,and then the scales won't dictate my mood.

Hello everyone, please add my name to Team 27 (if there's still space!):flirt2:

I'm still in Week 0, weigh-in is Wed, so I guess I'm a proper newbie :eek: , any tips or advice from seasoned CDers gratefully received.

Coping pretty well with SS so far, been tempted to eat everything in 'fridge so desperately been trying to keep that door firmly closed - not easy to do when you've a toddler running amok 24/7 and a builder for a husband. The only thing I've a real craving for is... cake!

Made a serious error today - forgot to mix the tomato soup to a paste with cold water first, it separated into a gritty mess which I forced myself to drink. Lesson learned, won't be making the same mistake twice.

Hi minivix welcome to the team, Wez is team leader and will tell you the info she needs from you etc.

I've been doing cd for ages, but since feb/march have been on and off cd and struggling, :sigh: I'm on a restart at the moment. I've got just over a stone to get to goal, although I may alter my goal once I'm there as I feel I still need to lose more than one stone, I'm a classic pear shape and my thighs are still quite big.

I have an 18 year old daughter, who is due to start uni in September (5 1/2 weeks she tells me). :cry:so she will be moving away :cry: . My husband is also a builder and can eat anything and still stay slim,

Must be something about team 27!
My son is a bricklaying apprentice, he can and does eat anything and everything!

I bake 2 or 3 cakes a week to keep him going.... It's been surprisingly easy, considering that I just Lurve cake!!

:welcome:Minivix, great to have you onboard!... Hopefully your loss this week will make a difference to our team!

Well girls I hope that your monday has panned out just great! I'm already looking forward to Tuesday!!! ;)

Welcome Minivix to our team.
I have 2 girls, a 4 year old and a 7 month old so usually have naughties in the house. Eldest dd doesn't have much of a sweet tooth, in fact she only finished her last easter egg this week, not like me at all! Shame about your soup, could you have blended it? I know you have to be careful with hot liquids blowing the lid off. You'll certainly remember next time to paste it up. I'm heavily into the porridge, verging on addicted, I have it for brekkie and tea with a bar for lunch, it suits me.
I just need your 1st wi (which I assume is 205) and then your weekly losses by the end of Saturday so I can calculate the team losses and submit them to Irene for the tournament. As Alipally said, your 1st week losses will be a benefit to us!

How disheartening for you Alipally to not see the scales change, banish them to the garage (easier said then done, I may hyperventilate when the batteries go in mine). Great the inches are showing, that is a motivation itself, although dropping sizes is the ultimate for me. Although my family were asking how cd was going and how much longer I was planning to do it, nobody commented to me how well I'd done. I know it's not a jealousy thing but my dad was genuinely shocked when I told him I'd lost 3.5 stones, a positive remark would have boosted me. I know I'm not fab at ss and pick which slows my losses but they are coming off each week so my journey is just longer but comparatively to have lost this much in 4.5 months would have been a struggle on other diets so I'm pleased. Today I have lost 2lbs and I'm officially in the 11s, that feels great.

Trisha how is the flat decorating going? Will your daughter be going into halls of residence or does she have to go hunting for lodgings? It really won't be long to go now, is she excited?

Tournament results:
2.17% Shape Shifters (13)
2568d1219874696-team-7-fat-fighters-main-thread-star.bmp
W2
2999d1226167441-pink-star-pink-star.bmp
W2
W11 3 results Amanda71 (2.96%)

2.05% CD W8 Warrior Princesses!*** (21)
W16
W26
W28
W16
W21
W26
W28
3 results Stellap(4.21%)

1.99% Moving Mountains (4)
W1
W30
W1
W24
W30
4 results b_n_3003 (3.12%)
1.77% Chasing Butterflies (29)
W31
W31 5 results Sarah (3.13%)

1.14%Weight to go (27)
W13
W13
W19 3 results Alipally (1.62%)

1.10% SKINNY BEATCHS (24)
W10
W17
W19
W21
W27
W17
W27 3 results Roberta (2.96%)

morning everyone ! well I didn't have a good day yesterday. I flet really rough, I know it was probably ketosis kicking in again, but I ended up having some (not too much) of the veggie chilli that I'd made for dd and dh meal :( and I felt much better afterwards. I am regretting it this morning though as I am not in ketosis, so I guess its back to day 1, although I am hoping that it won't take long to get back into ketosis.

The flat is almost finished, I've jst got to paint a couple of walls this morning and dh will gloss the front door and a couple of skirting boards tonight, then on Wednesday he's got to replace a double glazing unit, and I'll clean the laminate floors again and its ready for viewings.

dd is really looking forward to uni, but she's nervous as well. She's going into halls, but its a self-catered flat, she will have an ensuie bedroom, then share a kitchen/lounge with 4 others. we've already bought lots of stuff (pots/pans etc) and I've been buying extra tins of beans jars of pasta sauce etc for weeks to give her a good start.

Thanks for the support girls, weigh-in is 10:30am tomorrow - I'll be straight back here with the results (Wez, I'll PM you them also, start weight was indeed 205lb).
Alipally, Trisha: good to know I'm not the only one with super-fit family members, hubby weighs 2 stones less than me... scary to think that I weigh the same as him holding our daughter!!!

We took some, 'before' pics of me on Sat, it was a real shock to see how big I am in the flesh (so to speak). I never realised I looked so big, I just couldn't see it when I looked in the mirror.

Both of these things (hubby+daughter=me, pics) have helped me to stay positive and stick to the plan, I even went out on Saturday night and spend the whole time drinking still bottled water. I did have a couple of sticks of chewing gum to keep me going, those new ones that come in a black packet that, at first glance, looks like a pack-of-three. I was so worried about bad breath that I took them when offered. I've not had any more gum, I've read somewhere it's a no-no but not sure why - is it possible kcals or that fact that it may kick you out of ketosis?

Trish, I'm so glad that she's looking forward to Uni. She'll be fine once she gets into Freshers week!!! Where is she going?
My eldest Son is at Exeter (Falmouth campus) just going into his 3rd year! (hell, I feel old!)

Well, the scales finally moved this morning 1lb:rolleyes: Still a loss is a loss.... I hope they move a bit more for the official WI tomorrow morning!!

Tried on a trouser suit that's always been a bit tight since I bought it. It's too big! :D I'd be annoyed because I'd only worn it half a dozen times, but I'm just too pleased!
I'm sure I can wear it a couple of times before it falls off me!

How frustrating Trisha, getting into ketosis is so hard, but once you are over that hurdle then that'll help. It's funny your prep for dd's 1st move away, I remember my mum regularly giving me food parcels and I was full board for the 1st year, it was always gratefully received.

Alipally, great news on the 1lb loss and the loosening suit, buying new clothes adds to the expense of the diet but is tolerated. I went shopping for back to work tops today and was pleased there is so much purple about, it's my fave colour, bought a bag load.

Minivix, I've taken before and during pics too. It is amazing the denial of what I look like. I know I have back fat but it is horrid to see it on the pics, I just look so round but can see the progress as I return to my old shape. Still have a glance at my fat photo (taken day after baby was born & I'm wearing grey pjs and look like an elephant, dh 'helpfully' consoled me that I had just had our baby rather than I looked glowing. No win for him really!) and I have definately lost loads from my face and that is motivating.

Had a lovely day at the shops today. It is our anniversary on sat and I'd bought a beautiful red polka dress a couple of months back (and it fits), I got my shoes last week and needed the underwear and tights. It's strange as we are going out for a meal (staying in ketosis & sticking to water) but we haven't been out, just us, for almost a year and I am so excited. As we have to put the girls to bed before grandad babysits, it'll start late and we can't be out too late as baby is up about 6 in the morning. Still, I know it'll be lovely.
Dietwise, had a few nibbles but have kept it to a minimum. Hope my shopping has burnt more fat.

Good luck with the wi minivix, yes both my husband and daughter are super slim and can eat what ever they like, my daughter is a size 6/8 depending where she shops.

Wez happy anniversary hope you enjoyed the meal, we've not been out in ages, I too have been nibbling (what arewe like) but not too much, just wish I could stop.

Ali well done on the weight loss and loose suit, you must feel great with that. My daughter is hoping to go to Newcastle to study Law, she has to get 3 A's , her back up uni is Dundee, and if she ends up there she will do a Law and Spanish degree. (Newcastle don't offer law with Spanish)

I am going to try and be 100% tomorrow

Happy Anniversary Wez!

Well, official weigh in today... 2lb loss! I'm pleased that I seem to be back on a losing streak. Let's just hope that it keeps up!

So for me that's a stone in 3 weeks, Yay!! Can't wait to say "so long" to the next stone! ;)

just keep trying Wez and Trish, sooner or later you'll manage 100% in the meantime the numbers will keep on moving downwards, which can only be a good thing:)

The prep for going to Uni is hard work. Wez, you were lucky that your mum sent you food parcels! I just sent my son money every month. However I did send him to Uni able to cook lots of different meals from scratch... (He liked cooking and I was happy to let him help in the kitchen!)

Having my hair cut this afternoon, really looking forward to it... it's been 10 months since I had a cut!

Morning All,
7lb loss today, now 198lb - in only six days too! x

well done on the wi losses Ali and minivix !!

I've been to the gym this morning and did a workout plus swim, should really get on with the housework, but I feel like a break form cleaning, the flat took days to get clean after the last tenants left, think I'll have my hot choclate shake and a chill out session before I tackle our house.

Wez just ordered microsoft office from pugh for dd they are so cheap!!! not sure waht else she will need yet, but will definately use them again!!

Ali what are you having done to your hair? I'm having mine cut and highlighted next week.

really struggling to drink the water, better go and have a couple of pints before lunch.

Super news on the losses - well done Alipally & Minivix. Also, 1st week done is an achievement in itself, long may that continue.

Trisha, you are getting so organised. I've struggled with the water, probably because we were out & about till 4ish. Had 500ml bottle at lunch but had to catch the rest up this evening, it's not so good when it is a case of having to rather than a desire. Nibbling is a nightmare, cashews are my weakness right now, I know I shouldn't buy them as nobody else is eating them but if it wasn't them then it'll be something else. Last weekend was easy to do 100% because I was out of the house. Maybe being at work next month will be great for my diet!

Had dentist today for me & dd. She was fine, no new cavities but replacing an old one in October, hate the injection, sound of the drill and the anticipation of a shooting pain. Must relax more in the chair, any tips?

I've managed to stay 100% so far today !!! makes a change, and I fell better for it. Had a busy day, cleaning the house, ironing etc also got some new blinds for the lounge and dining room from B&Q in the sale fantastic bargin 4 for the lounge and 3 for the dining room total cost £26.00 should have been over £300, so I'm well chuffed. Went to the gym th is morning but just for a swim.

How's everyone else doing?

Well done on 100%, you've done better than me. But I have managed 3 litres.
You've been quiet about the gym recently, glad you are still going.
Found a great site for free mp3 downloads today so I've been procrastinating, reminising and downloading loads of music for my car.

Back