Team Back On Track!

DollyBeth

Gah! Have only lost half a pound in the past 2 weeks! Trying to get back on track. If you are in a similar boat or just want support, lets support each other!

Last edited:
DollyBeth said:
Gah! Have only lost half a pound in the past 2 weeks! Trying to get back on track. If you are in a similar boat or just want support, lets support each other!

Hey there I sent u a message n it didn't go thru-anyway u hav my support and I hope I hav urs. Lets share journeys - what weight u started at, how long ago u started etc xxxxxx

Hey Maryam! Finally - a team member!! My stats are under my name, but I started at 21st and now I'm hovering around 17.5 and have been for the past 2 weeks (due to idiocy!). Looking forward to getting to the 4 stone-loss mark, and aiming for 7 stone by Xmas. I started on 11th July - did you start back in May? Or was that just when you joined MiniMins? How have you been finding it?

Hi everyone. Can I join u?

Xx

DollyBeth said:
Hey Maryam! Finally - a team member!! My stats are under my name, but I started at 21st and now I'm hovering around 17.5 and have been for the past 2 weeks (due to idiocy!). Looking forward to getting to the 4 stone-loss mark, and aiming for 7 stone by Xmas. I started on 11th July - did you start back in May? Or was that just when you joined MiniMins? How have you been finding it?

I can't c stats as I always log in thru phone - Laptops been sent away for repair. That's a fabulous weight loss you've had there!how much did u drop in the first week and are u on ss+?! I joined in may but I hav only just started SS barely been a few days! I started at 10st 7, I'm just so small so it shows n besides I had an op so need to keep the weight down as the scar keeps rupturing. I hope to hav a significant weight loss in the first week - that'll keep me goin for the next few. My councillor sed I can hav bars in week 2, what do u advise???

DollyBeth said:

I hav another question? On a normal day when not on Cambridge if u weigh urself during day or night you will always be a couple lbs heavier - If u do the same thing on Cambridge will u still be a little heavier coz of the shakes and water consumption. I did the stupid mistake of weighing myself this evening - after consuming 2 litres and taking all my shakes - I expected it to he a lb or 2 less that's all

maryam said:
What's ure journey been like? Or r u just starting like me?!

I started this in jan and gave up. Keep losing the same few lbs over and over again. I want to lose 3 stone ideally.

Started again last week and then stopped after 2 days as I realised I was going to be drinking over the weekend. Didn't cheat at all this Monday, Tuesday, and most of Wednesday but not been great past couple days. Calories have still been low but food has featured. :s

babymumma2 said:
I started this in jan and gave up. Keep losing the same few lbs over and over again. I want to lose 3 stone ideally.

Started again last week and then stopped after 2 days as I realised I was going to be drinking over the weekend. Didn't cheat at all this Monday, Tuesday, and most of Wednesday but not been great past couple days. Calories have still been low but food has featured. :s

What step u on?!

maryam said:
What step u on?!

I've been the same in the sense that its a battle - dont giv up, c one week thru and when u feel the difference it will determine u to carry on. I've been ok - just started my period so feeling really low - my parents just had a party with the most amazing food and I just sat there and watched!!! If I giv up now ill shoot myself lol! On a more serious note, it is hard but we can do this..together!!! When's ure first Weigh in? Mine shud be Tuesday but ill go Wednesday

First weigh in is Tuesday morning 9am!! Step 1 technically but like I said I haven't stuck to it fully! Have been weighing myself daily just to gauge what I'm doing. It's on a downward trend but we'll c. Going to be ver very good from now till Tuesday though as want a big loss!!!

maryam said:
I've been the same in the sense that its a battle - dont giv up, c one week thru and when u feel the difference it will determine u to carry on. I've been ok - just started my period so feeling really low - my parents just had a party with the most amazing food and I just sat there and watched!!! If I giv up now ill shoot myself lol! On a more serious note, it is hard but we can do this..together!!! When's ure first Weigh in? Mine shud be Tuesday but ill go Wednesday

And you're right. It's a very big battle!!! I do find there's a sense of accomplishment though when everyone else is eating and I'm not. Makes you feel good! :)

babymumma2 said:
First weigh in is Tuesday morning 9am!! Step 1 technically but like I said I haven't stuck to it fully! Have been weighing myself daily just to gauge what I'm doing. It's on a downward trend but we'll c. Going to be ver very good from now till Tuesday though as want a big loss!!!

Good we r roughly getting weighed around the same days. I have so many parties/events to attend. That's why I've gained the weight in the first place. Lets fight the fat!!!!!!!

Hey Babymumma welcome! My weigh in day is Wednesday, and I'm really hoping for 5lbs next week!! My first week was great, it was 13lbs (mostly water) and the second week was good. Then it went down for a bit. I started out really strict and wouldn't eat at events or down the pub etc, even when everyone else was. Now I have got such a don't-care attitude and will eat, and thats what I am really trying to get rid of. I just need to get back on track!

DollyBeth said:
Hey Babymumma welcome! My weigh in day is Wednesday, and I'm really hoping for 5lbs next week!! My first week was great, it was 13lbs (mostly water) and the second week was good. Then it went down for a bit. I started out really strict and wouldn't eat at events or down the pub etc, even when everyone else was. Now I have got such a don't-care attitude and will eat, and thats what I am really trying to get rid of. I just need to get back on track!

Hey dolly - there's 3 of us in the team now ?
Ure weight loss has totally inspired me to just keep calm and breathe thru this thing! Today's been the worst day, I'm
Just goin to blame my hormone levels. I'm hoping I lose more than 4lbs though - do u think the more u hav to lose..the more u do lose. If that makes sense to u

Yeah I think thats what it is for sure! I have more than half my body weight to lose so my consultant was saying I should lose 7 or 8 stone in the first 6 months (by the end of this year) and then it will slow down a lot for the last 2 or 3 stone. I lost 2 stone in the first month because of that really good first week water-loss. But it does slow down to a stone a month, and that is normal for most people whatever their size. I think you can't expect more than that, though last month I got really strict and had no cheating whatsoever and lost a stone and a pound in three weeks! I was really happy, and a bit cocky, and thats when it all fell apart. What are your goals?

p.s - yes there's 3 of us on the team now - woo hoo!

DollyBeth said:
Yeah I think thats what it is for sure! I have more than half my body weight to lose so my consultant was saying I should lose 7 or 8 stone in the first 6 months (by the end of this year) and then it will slow down a lot for the last 2 or 3 stone. I lost 2 stone in the first month because of that really good first week water-loss. But it does slow down to a stone a month, and that is normal for most people whatever their size. I think you can't expect more than that, though last month I got really strict and had no cheating whatsoever and lost a stone and a pound in three weeks! I was really happy, and a bit cocky, and thats when it all fell apart. What are your goals?

With any diet plan u are always goin to lose a big bulk at the beginning. I'm
Usually a slimming world fan, but for now I needed to surpress and gain control of my appetite. I plan to do sole source and then do slimming world - people may not agree with that, but ill ease into it and be sensible. Ill be happy with a weightless of a stone on Cambridge - n over the moon if I lost stone n half with both methods of weight loss combined!

Do u think taking bars may slow the weight loss process down?

I thought the bars were just a solid version of the shakes? I'd assumed they wouldn't be carby. Sneaky weigh in this morning, and looks like the weight loss is still happening well. I won't write down weights though till my 'proper' weigh in on Tuesday. Very excited cos my stomach is definitely shrinking. Just wish my hips and thighs would shrink too!!! All will come though, I'm sure! :)

DollyBeth said:

Yes that's definitely true. You'll lose more initially if you've got more to lose. I've got 3 stone to lose, so I figure I can lose it by mid December which is my aim, as I'm off to Switzerland for a few days then with his side of the family, and they're all very skinny!!!

Back