Step 1 Sole Source Team FireShark

Ahhhh amazing you will get there! is that a delayed honeymoon? When is your next weigh in?

I just twigged that I am the only guy in this group =p

Ahhhh amazing you will get there! is that a delayed honeymoon? When is your next weigh in?

Yeah it is lol.

Next weigh in is Monday night so got a whole weekend to get through. I'm good during the day but at night it all goes wrong lol x

Took your time Kain, you can be an honorary female if you like?

Ah see I just sit there and glug water if I feel hungry, my OH wont let me eat either even if I want to, he's finding it hard to adjust not offering me a forkful!

He's getting there, but I'm having to say NO a lot or just look at him with my "You know I can't have that" look. Seems to be getting the picture.

Mine is on monday too!

Took your time Kain, you can be an honorary female if you like?

Ah see I just sit there and glug water if I feel hungry, my OH wont let me eat either even if I want to, he's finding it hard to adjust not offering me a forkful!

He's getting there, but I'm having to say NO a lot or just look at him with my "You know I can't have that" look. Seems to be getting the picture.

Mine is on monday too!

I'll stick to my own gender thanks =p

Also offering Ivory food all the time is the reason I started this diet! (I also want to not be fat for our wedding!) I decided that it would be best if I was on the same diet so that I could help her stick to hers!

Sadly I am to blame for some of her false starts, offering her chocolate and takeout ETC. But not any more! Now we are a team and it's awesome!

(Shame that the ranking system in team FireShark is based on lbs lost after you join and not lbs lost in total because I would be a real shark by now!)

I find sparkling water much easier to drink than normal tap water and it seems to fill me up more :)
My oh is really bad at offering me food, and must have a brilliant metabolism as he can sit and eat chocolate all evening and not put on an ounce, just glad I don't have a sweet tooth! But he's just left for a two week business trip to the Far East so fridge empty and all other temptations removed, going to try and be completely 100% SS for two weeks...

It's not one of those you have sit there and shake to add steps either, only works with actually walking which is good.

LOL, just LOL :D (Or more the point, PMSL ;) )

Last edited:
I'm so pleased that some people switch between ss and ss+! I thought I was the only one who did this, and even thought its not cheating, it still feels like cheating!!
I stick to ss+ rigidly, I mean I weigh every lettuce leaf and never go over the weights they tell you, but I dont know I guess it feels like because I am chewing I must be cheating!!

I started mixing it up on my second week which I am finding harder than the first!! Its not the hunger, thats gone, its really just missing food. Still missing food. Missing it more this week than last.

Having an off day today I think, been thinking about McDonalds all day (of all things!!!! ) and craving a big mac! Willpower......don't let me down!

WILLPOWER! YOU CAN DO THIS! Realistically, you only need to be strong for however long it takes you to walk PAST the mcdonalds, Just be really strong for that length of time, you can do it :D

No I wouldn't worry about it, using some SS+ allowance to get you through the hard days is perfectly fine in my opinion, just try and do it as little as possible :) In my first week I was having a tin of tuna just about every night to get me through! XD But each week I've been going to it less and less as it gets easier :) Still have some in the cupboard for emergencies though!

Keep it up everyone, you're doing brilliantly :D

Oh Is cooking chilli tonight. I was so close to just putting ONE tiny piece of meat in my mouth that I had to leave the house and go out for a drive! Urgh the third day is hard :( when does it get easier? X

Well done for going for a drive and not caving! I found that once I was fully in ketosis it got easier, though some days I still find it hard. Temptation is all around us. Stay strong :)

Tea pot i dnt think i have a signature thingy lol so its ok.. Im on day 9 now my 1st weigh in tmrw cant wait!! X

Ahhh, well done Teapot I am SO proud of you! :) :) You did the right thing. Day 3 is absolutely the hardest for me, I found day 4 much easier, because that's when I had gone into ketosis properly! :)
Do you feel a bit weak and tired today?

Ooh well done Nazz, sticking to the plan for 9 days without a weigh-in on day 7 to keep you going is VERY impressive! :D

Oooo ok good luck for your weigh in tomorrow :D

I did yeah I wanted to go and nap at around 3, went to bed to take a nap then ended up staying awake, not sure on the dizzy, maybe lightheaded a few times but not all the time x

Teapot well done you.. ive just put daughters dinner..its just food that makes ya fat is what i thought, i popped kettle and now sipping soup

Haha aw! I told my OH just to say "baby" to me each time I get tempted by food and I would soon quit the thought of eating, I can't wait to try the soups I wish I had gotten some now

blend them really , i really like them , shakes blended with ice are yumm

im guessing you dont like the endearment baby LOLOL

my daughter she asked "mum are you not eating any food???? no not yet... she didnt look best pleased LOL nice she cares i know x

Bled everything XD I don't think I could manage this without a blender! :S Honestly!

Aww, that's so cute about your daughter ^_^

only started bending past couple of days, :doh: it make so much difference x

I find im doing ok with them but i sieve them after shaking them to death to make sure there are no lumpy bits!

Nooo I don't mind being called baby but we start IVF in September so it's a huge drive for me to lose as much weight as possible before then. So by saying baby to me I will then think of IVF etc. Aw thats cute of your daughter

Back