Step 1 Sole Source Team FireShark

Yes :) First weighing today and I lost 1kg. I am soo happy :)

Congrats summerscream! :D:D

And well done everyone!! It looks like we've all been facing a lot of temptation this week, but doing really well I'm really proud of our team! :)

I went back to work on Thursday and today (still ill, and taking lots of beechams flu plus!), I wasn't too bad in the morning bust started REALLY feeling it in the afternoon on Thursday, just not really up for all this work while I'm ill etc.

So what I've done yesterday and today was had a SS+ lunch, just some iceberg lettuce, three thing slices of cucumber, some cubed chicken breast (plain) and a little spoonful of cottage cheese. This seems to have given me enough energy to get through the work day!

I was a little naughty last night though :( You see, yesterday I felt horrid and weak and ill, and then on top of that I was very stressed out because I was expecting two VERY important exam results at 8pm (which may well have decided on whether I got to keep my dream job or not!)
So to distract myself from the stress I went to the cinema to watch World War Z (loved it btw), and me and OH got a regular-sized sweet popcorn to share between us (I think I ate about 2/3 and OH only had 1/3! If even that :S).

So that was my one treat/cheat, and so with the SS+ meals and popcorn, I don't expect much of a loss this week, if any. I would be happy with a STS (I will deserve it XD).

But that's it! I don't work weekends, and I'm feeling better my throat seems to be clearing up a bit so back on the SS 100% tomorrow! (and nothing extra today except my SS+ salad!)

Very curious to see how my weight is affected by this week. And pretty nervous!

Tomorrow some of us should be moving up to FireShark Member status I think? I haven't seen many weigh-ins from people on the boards this week, how is everyone doing??

My weigh in is on Monday :(

Aw Ivory don't worry! As long as your get right back on plan you won't even notice if the popcorn made a difference or not. You did so good considering you we're sick! I'm just hoping I don't get sick while on SS

Thanks Teapot :)

Oh I'm feeling really good about myself right now!! After the exam results last night, two colleagues who sit at my end of the office decided to go to gregs and buy lots of cakes to celebrate. They spread them out on an empty desk and sent an email round to the team to let them know. (This is a really common occurence in my office, we have exam results twice a year, qualifications, birthdays and holidays all result in bringing treats into the office.)

In fact, I'll upload a picture and show you! (in a minute)

Anyway. Earlier on today I was speaking to a secretary about weightloss, she has been on Weight Watchers for 10 weeks and has now lost 1 stone. She is getting very frustrated with the slow progress so I suggested she cuts out her 'daily treats' for a while just to see if it has a noticeable effect on her weightloss.
Then the cakes happened, and I saw her standing at the cakes with a group when they were put out. So I went and stood next to her, and she said to me:
"Hehe, do you want half of my cake?"
I said "I don't want ANY of your cake, do you really want to do this? Think of your results!"
And she said "Oh but I can't not help Daniel celebrate his success."
To which I replied "What's more important to you, his success or yours??"

But she was just clearly too tempted and had to have something. So I said to her "Okay, fine, if you HAVE to have one, let's half it and that way at least you're only having half of a cake."

So she picked one, halfed it, gave me half and went back to her desk.
At this point I came back to my desk and handed it straight to the person working next to me, and told her "Would you like this? If you don't want it, it's just going in the bin, because I only took it to help (name)"

Very pleased! :D I helped a fellow dieter and didn't sabotage myself in the process. Success!

Well done honey - it was probably a rubbish cake anyway =p

What willpower!! Well done Marri :) :)
I am struggling today, all my colleagues having dominos pizza and it smells fab (has anyone else's sense of smell got a lot better since SS?) - had to go out and walk around in the rain :-( and now feel absolutely ravenous :-( cappuccino shake didn't really fill me up so now just drinking water in the hope my stomach stops rumbling :-( also stood on my scales this morning and the same since last Sundays' weigh in, so just hoping my CDC scales at least show a small loss...

Ah you can do it resist the dominos!!!

Yeah I seem to smell food like a hound now whereas before it took more to get my sniffer going.

Well done on resisting the cakes Ivory :)

My test will come mid July, it's my birthday, partners birthday and sister in law and brother in laws tenth anniversary and christening of their three children all in one week. Complete with a buffet afterwards. Urgh. WHY.

Hehe IvoryMarri, you are an absolute SAINT to have done that :p with a will of iron! I'm sure the Popcorn won't throw you off completely at all, i wouldn't be surprised if you still had a good loss :) You have done so well to have stuck with it as much as you can, it's often so easy to say 'oh i wil just cheat until i feel better' and then never get back on it.

:happy096:

My weigh in was on Tuesday, and I lost 6lbs, yay!

Yes i actually i have noticed my sense of smell HAS got better, i wondered if it had something to do with the diet. Maybe it does, but i expect i'm just lusting after all the food so much my nose if following it.

I was working behind the bar today, and really no temptation. Which is great. I'm aching all over from my exercise class on wednesday still though, could barely walk today. I'm getting a sore throat, hoping i'm not getting ill. That would be horrible.

Hope everyone else had a good day!

Hi guys, rubbish day today got up and can hardly walk back is killing me but to be honest hope it stays that way I have an excuse not to go to the two bbqs invites to this weekend have a good day x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Awh I'm sorry to hear that jacksprat, i hope it doesn't last too long, bad backs are the worst! Ahh I haven't been to any bbqs this year yet, it would be horrible on this diet!

Had a good day today, i fit into a dress I bought last summer from eBay that has always been too small! :-D

On top of that, i went to a vintage shop (where things never fit me) and the two things a picked up actually fit me too! I'm getting slimmer slowly, and i can notice it now! Wooooooh!

This is the new vintage dress, i can really see the difference in my waist. I'm wearing it at work now and getting loads of compliments. Happy day :)

ForumRunner_20130629_201103.png

Looking good Gembeb! It's nice to actually HAVE a waist! Mine was thoroughly hidden under rolls of fat when I started, but is starting to shine through now little by little :D

thanks everyone! Things have been VERY hard this week, I think a big combination of stress at work, being ill, time of the month and elation at my exam results is really taking its toll :( I've slept all weekend!!

btw, here is the cake display I was talking about in my office!!
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    660 KB · Views: 42
Tomorrow I am going to have to go back to day 1 :( Am so disappointed with myself. I have been off track for over a week now but am determined that I can crack this once and for all. Find it soooooo hard to get those first few days over me and yet I know that I really really want to do this!! So frustrating, I don't know why I seem to have such a lack of willpower. Anyway onwards and upwards, I can do this :)

You can do this flubbertubber!! Just take it one day at a time, and then any time you feel like cheating or falling off the wagon, think - "Do I want to have to re-do the previous days all over again, or should I just get to the end of week 1?"

Good evening FIRESHARKS! :)
i-did-it.jpg
Today's thoughts.

This is a journey.

I think everyone will agree with me. It's a QUICK journey, compared with every other weight loss solution out there, yes, but it's still a journey.
A step by step, day by day, week by week journey that you start at the beginning with and work your way through.

Sometimes you will stumble, trip, even fall, but you will NEVER reach the end if you don't get up, dust yourself off, and start moving forward again.

Just remember this, for every day and week you complete, you will have more motivation behind you not to waste that effort by cheating. In addition, if you do cheat, or binge for a day, chances are you will lose one week's weight loss, or at worst, undo the previous week's weight loss.
The reason I'm mentioning this is because if you manage to get 4 weeks under your belt, then fall off the wagon and go crazy for one fat-filled day, chances are you might ruin week 4, and lose week 5.
But you're still left with 3 weeks of good weight loss under your belt and you dust yourself of, and get started on that 4th week again. (As opposed to starting from Day 1)

So that's two very good reasons to get over the first two week's hurdle! :)

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! <3

Last edited:
Mandy/Teapot how did your weigh-ins go this weekend?? :)

CONGRATULATIONS TO NAZZ, CDANNA, SUMMERSCREAM, KAIN AND MYSELF!!!!!

That's two week's of losses since we started the FireShark Team. We've done our team proud and become MEMBERS! :D

Just two more losses and we can officially call ourselves real sharks! ^_^

Back