Team Slimpossible

Afternoon girlies,Hope we're all doing well. I broke my will this morning and had a small sausage roll :( My will power is usually so good when the sandwich van comes round here at work... today? Not a chance. xx

aaaaw Sealmylips, sorry about hubby with kidney failure. My uncle is suffering with 90%kidney failure. He has to have dialysis every other day. He has altered so much and I hurt for him. xx

Well everyone, I only lost a lousy 1lb this week but am I crying about it? NOOOOO! Cos its a pound off. PLus Ive clocked up 29 miles of walking since 29th March and lost 11.5 inches. I took before pics and before measurements as I rely on that (and loose clothes) than the scales. It means Im getting leaner. And Ive worked out that a pound a week is 4 stones in a year - I can cope with this for a year. And thats a hell of a lot of curly wurlys in there. Talking of which............ mmmmmmmm

Catch up with you again laters xx
I love your attitude to the slower loss. I tend to get a bit P'd off when it happens to me when I've been good. :)

Afternoon girlies,Hope we're all doing well. I broke my will this morning and had a small sausage roll :( My will power is usually so good when the sandwich van comes round here at work... today? Not a chance. xx
It's probably not too bad for syns and you will be fine. You can claw that back no bother. :)

aaaaw Sealmylips, sorry about hubby with kidney failure. My uncle is suffering with 90%kidney failure. He has to have dialysis every other day. He has altered so much and I hurt for him. xx

Well everyone, I only lost a lousy 1lb this week but am I crying about it? NOOOOO! Cos its a pound off. PLus Ive clocked up 29 miles of walking since 29th March and lost 11.5 inches. I took before pics and before measurements as I rely on that (and loose clothes) than the scales. It means Im getting leaner. And Ive worked out that a pound a week is 4 stones in a year - I can cope with this for a year. And thats a hell of a lot of curly wurlys in there. Talking of which............ mmmmmmmm

Catch up with you again laters xx

A pound is a pound chunk (pssst whats your real name ha ha - feel a bit cheeky shortening too chunks :p! Love the fact that you are still upbeat - hoping i stay that way lol!!! Oh has just made his appointment today for the end of March! Hopefully with me back on plan he'll benefit too and his diabetes will get under control and that will alleviate his kidneys (fingers crossed)! I really need it to as i'm starting to struggle with what the future may be, as he has heart problems and suffered heart failure 2 years ago....... i find it tough as don't have any family of my own (long, long story) and since we moved i'm finding it hard to make friends, so losing weight will up my confidence ALOT!!! And woah 4 stones in a year, through 1lb a week - good good! :D Atleast that will boost us on those slow weeks ;)

Pats
- thanks sweetie! I just know that i need to do this, i've been playing at it and tbh in the last month or so since i last attended class i've not eaten great and could of easily sunk a ship with the wine consumption - and i lost 3lbs, therefore if i bloody well do it properly i'll get the results i want! :rolleyes:

Awwwwww Michelle!!! :slap: you know you can draw a line under that hunni! It's one little sausage roll! You've a week ahead of you yet ;)! Just carry on like you've not had it! Are yu the type of person who could inspire yourself by making a list of your fave SW foods and incorporating those into the next week?

I think i'm going to be VERY nerdy and do a mood board for the house! Cut out some old slimmer piccies of me, some piccies of clothes i want to wear, holiday ideas for next summer and then some inspirational quotes and nice low syn / syn free recipes......might get the kids todo one for re-decorating their bedrooms and make an afternoon of it! Need something to take away the boredom for the next few days and keep any 'muchies' at bay! Moneys a little tight until next week and i don't want to dip into any savings ha ha!

Right i'm off to drool over beaches for next year (as we won't be having one this year and haven't had one since ds was 6 mnths old and he's just turned 3!) It's damn well needed i can tell you!

:greenapple: come on ladies - we can do it!!

xxx

Love the idea of the mood board what excellent inspiration and motivation that will be. Might have to have a go at that myself. Problem is I can't think of photos when I was much slimmer. ;-)

I'm having that problem too as i HATE all photos of myself - OH and DD said there are a couple somewhere, although one is when i was 14 ha ha ha! Not sure that will help unless SW can revery the years too! I'll only have 2 literally to stick on it! And if i am honest they are still much heavier than i'd like them to be! xx

I'm having that problem too as i HATE all photos of myself - OH and DD said there are a couple somewhere, although one is when i was 14 ha ha ha! Not sure that will help unless SW can revery the years too! I'll only have 2 literally to stick on it! And if i am honest they are still much heavier than i'd like them to be! xx
DOn't think rolling back the years is one of claims they make but you never know. :)

Awwwwww Michelle!!! :slap: you know you can draw a line under that hunni! It's one little sausage roll! You've a week ahead of you yet ;)! Just carry on like you've not had it! Are yu the type of person who could inspire yourself by making a list of your fave SW foods and incorporating those into the next week? I think i'm going to be VERY nerdy and do a mood board for the house! Cut out some old slimmer piccies of me, some piccies of clothes i want to wear, holiday ideas for next summer and then some inspirational quotes and nice low syn / syn free recipes......might get the kids todo one for re-decorating their bedrooms and make an afternoon of it! Need something to take away the boredom for the next few days and keep any 'muchies' at bay! Moneys a little tight until next week and i don't want to dip into any savings ha ha! Right i'm off to drool over beaches for next year (as we won't be having one this year and haven't had one since ds was 6 mnths old and he's just turned 3!) It's damn well needed i can tell you! :greenapple: come on ladies - we can do it!! xxx
I'm sure I can claw it back, but it was just my shocking lack of will power! I've had a rough day in my defence though!I love the idea of a mood board. Trouble is i've never been slim in my life. I was born a 10lb baby, and was a tubby toddler, infant and the puppy fat just never fell off me :( I feel like I'm born to be a chunk monster. xx

I'm sure I can claw it back, but it was just my shocking lack of will power! I've had a rough day in my defence though!I love the idea of a mood board. Trouble is i've never been slim in my life. I was born a 10lb baby, and was a tubby toddler, infant and the puppy fat just never fell off me :( I feel like I'm born to be a chunk monster. xx

Chunkmonster? HA HA, First time i've heard that one!

I've a very good friend who was just the same as you (ie 12lb baby, etc etc) and when she tried she lost a whopping 10 stone - btu then she veered off the path! And put t back on - so now she's back on it and has vowed NEVER to go back to that size again! We all have our blips, many of us don't know why - but we are after all Human! You WILL get there Michelle, it might be a long road, but you are doing something about it, so that means you do want it, and one day it will just click! You don't have to have piccies of yourself on the mood board, go for inspiring quotes, lovely recipes, and piccies of clothes you really really would LOVE to wear! But have never had the chance too!

Dinner changed for us tonight, we just had Oven Baked Smoked Haddock (not the fish cakes) so i've saved 1 syn and heb...so i might have toasted pitta later stuffed with something .....

I really think you can be born to be overweight as I have always been bigger than expected. I have another half baked theory about red hair and a liklihood to gain weight. Have any of you ever noticed that or maybe it's just cos we're sensitive souls (AHEM) and comfort eat when called ginger. :)

I've been fat so long and view clothes shopping as a cruel and unnatural torture which shoud be banned under the Geneva Convention so I wouldn't even be able to have clothes on my mood board. Quotes here I come. :)

I really think you can be born to be overweight as I have always been bigger than expected. I have another half baked theory about red hair and a liklihood to gain weight. Have any of you ever noticed that or maybe it's just cos we're sensitive souls (AHEM) and comfort eat when called ginger. :)

I've been fat so long and view clothes shopping as a cruel and unnatural torture which shoud be banned under the Geneva Convention so I wouldn't even be able to have clothes on my mood board. Quotes here I come. :)

Are you a red head Patsy? Nothing wrong with red hair :) I purposely dyed my hair red - I love it! x
I'm seriously glad today is nearly over. Such a horrible day :(

Evening ladies :)

Loving the mood board idea ! I started one last week and if it helps ( ihave never really been thin EVER!) I started to add words onto mine that I liked ( eg fun, confident, sparkle etc) Usuall big words from magazine titles or I just wrote them on or googled them :) I then started to put things on that I would like to do when I am at goal ( Alton towers, get some pictures taken) and finally pictures of clothes that I would love to wear... I even took pictures of dresses that I own and want to wear ...

Hope this promotes some inspiration with you all :cross:

Lisa xx

Ooh Lisa some fabulous ideas there hun!!! Thanks!

Patsy i do agree with you actually! I'm the largest female in my family and always have been - however since leaving home i've always eaten alot healthier than anyone else and i've always exercised to some degree too! Okay so i don't smoke like they all do, but then i know peoplevery overweight who are smokers also - so i cannot see that smoking realy helps to 'keep' slim iykwim? I've always been curvy, boobs, hips, bum etc and my sisters and mother are straight up and down size 8's (okay i have a different father - but i only found out about him when i was 14, and i plucked up the courage to find out for myself who he was at the beginning of this year and all his other offspring and his family are little too! :rolleyes: ) Therefore i think people are born with their own metabolism - it's not genetic as such, but you are born with it and it's always there! Unlike my sisters etc who can eat their weight in takeaways, fried chips and cream cakes - my body simply doesn't want to do that! And then people also have to remember just because someone has a slim body that doesn't mean they are fit or healthy! And just because someone is larger that doesn'tmean they are a lazy sod who eats doughnuts all day! It's about findng that balance that your own body will work with - and knowing deep down you are as healthy as can be! Not just appearing to look that way! :D

:snoopyhouse: Sleep on today Michelle, tomorrows a fresh start! ((BIG HUGS)) tomorrow will be better! xxx

Patsy i do agree with you actually! I'm the largest female in my family and always have been - however since leaving home i've always eaten alot healthier than anyone else and i've always exercised to some degree too! Okay so i don't smoke like they all do, but then i know peoplevery overweight who are smokers also - so i cannot see that smoking realy helps to 'keep' slim iykwim? I've always been curvy, boobs, hips, bum etc and my sisters and mother are straight up and down size 8's (okay i have a different father - but i only found out about him when i was 14, and i plucked up the courage to find out for myself who he was at the beginning of this year and all his other offspring and his family are little too! :rolleyes: ) Therefore i think people are born with their own metabolism - it's not genetic as such, but you are born with it and it's always there! Unlike my sisters etc who can eat their weight in takeaways, fried chips and cream cakes - my body simply doesn't want to do that! And then people also have to remember just because someone has a slim body that doesn't mean they are fit or healthy! And just because someone is larger that doesn'tmean they are a lazy sod who eats doughnuts all day! It's about findng that balance that your own body will work with - and knowing deep down you are as healthy as can be! Not just appearing to look that way! :D

I have a skinny sister who is beautiful and then there has been me :) Its my dad who I take after - even got his chunky legs :p Although in fairness none of them have forced me to eat the way I have been in last 12 months which has been terrible really.

Just had half a packet of monster much - OMG I loved pickled onion ! Big glass of water and going to bed and will have the other half tomorrow.

Night ladies x

Hey girls... we are NOT FAT. Its just our awesomeness swelling inside. When it explodes, we will reveal our inner size 10's. Just you wait.

Shall we pledge mini goals? Im going to lose 2-3lbs this week, even if I have to sever my arm. LOL x

PS: My name is Kirsty. (Rhymes with thirsty. Thank god my name isnt Jude cos that rhymes with food and thats not good for a girl trying to tame her flabness).

Hi all,

I just saw your post and wondered if I can join please? :)

Sent by magic from my HTC Desire

Hey girls... we are NOT FAT. Its just our awesomeness swelling inside. When it explodes, we will reveal our inner size 10's. Just you wait.

Shall we pledge mini goals? Im going to lose 2-3lbs this week, even if I have to sever my arm. LOL x

PS: My name is Kirsty. (Rhymes with thirsty. Thank god my name isnt Jude cos that rhymes with food and thats not good for a girl trying to tame her flabness).

Hey Thirtsy Kirsty ! Im lisa ..... I have aimed for 3 this week but just jumped on the scales and I have put 1lb on since Monday !!!!!!! Feeling a bit rubbish this morning as I have been super good ..... But hey ho IM going to be extra good today and see what tomorrow brings :)

Hi all, I just saw your post and wondered if I can join please? :)Sent by magic from my HTC Desire
Of course :) Welcome! x

Ney New, of course you can join. Nothing like a little bit of banter between fruit and veggy snacks!

Thank you very much :D

I won't be good for the team this week as I'm pretty sure I've gained at least 2lbs!

I'll do better next week!

Chunksvilles said:
Hey girls... we are NOT FAT. Its just our awesomeness swelling inside

This made me laugh so much! :D

I always tell people I'm super awesome, now I have proof :D

Back