Team Spirit!!

Welcome Cami and piggly! Now 3 becomes 5 on Team Spirit YEY!! Can you 2 do the same as us lot and write a little intro on yourselves please so we can get to know you xxxxxxxxxx
DollyBeth I'm At a Special Needs School it's lovely and so rewarding we have pupils from 3-19 years of age xx I only have tetras as i find they are so convenient and i hate the soups x Not having a good night i'm picking now STOP I don't need it!!!

Hi,
How's everyone doing??
Right,
I'm Piggly. I'm currently on mat leave too, going back mid Jan. I actually lost weight in pregnancy but ate it all back on within weeks. I've tried all the other usual suspect diets but found them to be too accommodating. I like CD as I don't have to think about food at all!! I was 100% first week then fell off the wagon. But I'm back in the right frame of mind now and have a brilliant CDC. The shame of not fitting into my uniform when I go back to work and not being able to do the 13 hr shifts or not enjoying my baby as much as I could has spurred me on to make huge changes. I've set my goal for 14st as I'm happy at this weight but might change it when I get down to it.

I too find the evenings hard when OH gets home and baby is in bed. I also REALLY struggle when I'm home alone during the day. There's only so many house jobs you can do and only so many walks I can take the baby on. However I'm determined to have a good loss Tuesday!

I don't miss food as much as I thought I would! Has anyone else found this? My CDC always tells me to remember that cravings are just moments and they will pass. When I remind myself of that 9/10 I can get through it!

Also, I don't know why you would but if you want to read more I wrote a start to my diary earlier today. It goes into my CD journey so far in a bit more detail.

Px

Nice to meet you Piggly I will have a look at your diary xx it's when i'm on my own that i struggle too xx

Thanks for letting me join your gang ;)

I've battled with my weight all my life. I got to my heaviest at the end of 2009 when i hit the scales at 23st 3lb.. i was mortified but still didn't do anything about it. I was in a crap marriage so food was my way of getting by. In Jan 2010 i finally got the courage to finish it and he left near the end of Jan. I started my own diet at the beg of Feb.. just cut out the crap and by July i'd lost 5 stone :D At the time i was going through my midwifery training looking after 3 kids on my own with no help from he who must not be named. It was a struggle and i got into a very dark place so took a break from my training.

In the September i met a really amazing guy who is in the Navy. With his help i started to turn my life around (i was 17st 12lb when i met him). I did get down to 17 st 2lb at one point but then it slowly started creeping up again :rolleyes:. I restarted my training and am now a fully qualified Midwife :D which is an achievement i'm really proud of, i got a good classification for my degree to boot!

It's strange as as long as i weigh the same or a little less than when i met my man i didn't feel too bad, but when i went over i felt awful. Then i got to the point where i was over a lot of the time. So now it's time for me to drop the rest of this weight! My partner is away at the mo, i started the diet the day he sailed so i'm hoping he'll notice a small difference when i see him next Friday. He's here for a week then away for 2 months. So the end of November is my first mini target, i would love to have lost at least 3 stone by then. It's also my graduation so another reason to drop the weight! I keep trying to imagine meeting him at the airport and him being shocked at how much weight i've lost!!!

Am finding the diet ok so far... some days i feel hungrier than others but try and plod on. Cooked the kids tea the other day and had 2 grains of rice and a tiny prawn and felt guilty pmsl!!! Have my sons birthday meal tomorrow and a bbq on sunday so am really going to need to watch myself!

Well i hope you are still awake after reading all that! And i look forward to getting to know you guys xxx

Hi Piggly and Camilan - nice to meet you, and welcome to team Spirit! Starting to feel like a real team now, it was a bit lonely just me and Donna for the first couple of weeks!!

Piggly - I hear where you're coming from with the baby etc. I'm desperate to lose the baby weight properly this time, as I never fully lost it with my first and then got pregnant with second!

Camilan - your life could be a movie! I LOVE the image of your man coming home after 2 months and sweeping you off your feet at 2-3stone lighter!

Right ladies - WE CAN DO THIS!!!

How about we all set our own goals for each months weight loss and report to each other? Just like on the Sept challenge or Christmas Board, but just for us ladies. I find the other challenge boards are literally just somewhere you go to report your loss, whereas now we're a real team we can start seeing how much we're losing both individually and as a team!

What do you think?

hey can i join? Was part of team ideal back in April but fell off the wagon now back on it well and truly. Lost 9 3/4lbs on tuesday and next weigh in tuesday night.

I find weekends the toughest thus dreading hometime from work :(

jen x

I'm not sure about all the team stuff so you'll have to wait for one of the other ladies sorry hun! I only discovered all this yesterday so not entitrely sure how it all works.

Team Spirit.. How are you all this fine day? I'm having quite a good day today. Keeping myself occupied! I found a pair of size 16 jeans that barely reach my butt and obviously do not do up so I now have my goal lol I will fit those bad boys in no time! Hahaha Has anyone else got items of clothes that they really want to fit them again?

P x :D

Hello Team Spirit and welcome to Jen and Skinnybean2be! Team Spirit is now 7 and full!! From what I understand only 6 are allowed in a Team but i know some teams have 7 so we will try it if it's ok with the other members but no more members please
Team Spirit are-
Blodyntatws
TBag
Dollybeth
Camilian
piggly
Skinnybean2be
Jem021286
Come on girls we can do this together!!!!

Skinnybean2be and Jen can you give us a bit of info about yourselves like we have already done i feel it's a really good way to get to know each other.

Thanks Cami for your story i would love be there when your partner will be back in November that is such a good goal and Congratulations on qualifying as a midwife!!!!And for losing 5 stone already!!
Piggly I have a pair of pre pregnancy trousers that i have that only come up to my knees at mo so getting into them will be my next goal xxx
Had a good day today been 100% up to now and hubby off tonight so I won't be raiding cupboard!! LOL Evening are really hard for me I'm fine during the day!
Hey TBag and DollyBeth how r u 2 doing today? Anyone got anything planned for weekend? I'm home tomorrow and catching up with washing and cleaning but Sunday I'm going bowling and out to tea with my hubby sons and friends and their kids, everyone wants to go for all you can eat Indian buffet for the meal but i don't !!!! Will have to use all my willpower to resist but i will be doing so as the chinese i had last weekend with hubby for his birthday has really made a difference this week from what it says on my scales!!!!
TBag fab idea about putting mini goals down for the Month xxxx

Hey ladies!!

Really struggling today... am having i'm missing my man day and when i cooked the kids toad in the hole for tea i thought i wouldn't have to worry about gravy and just use my saliva lol!!! But am just glugging the water and watching the Hangover pt 2 as a bit of light relief!

Tomorrow i'm off out for my son's birthday meal so i need to really be careful, we're going to Harvester so know there will be salad but their desserts are oh so good!!! Then to a bbq on Sunday at my friends who is on the same diet so hopefully shouldn't be too bad!! Then i have to get weighed in on Monday morning!!! Bad timing huh lol!!

Hope everyone else is having a good day!

xxx

Wow have we got a team now or have we got a team! YESSSSS! WE CAN DO THIS!

Sorry, I think I have that ketosis euphoria that they speak of. I feel really positive even though I have absolutely nothing going for me at the moment and no job. But who cares?! I'm losing weight. My friend was telling me that maybe by the time I'm thin I can meet a rich shallow man who will support me and then I won't need a job after all. It's doubtful, but I think in this job market it might actually be more likely.

Oh my goodness Donna and Camilan, you will have your work cut out for you this weekend with your get togethers!! So far I've had to sit in the pub with people whilst they eat and drink, but I have avoided all restaurant invitations. That would be so tough! Unless you plan ahead like Tbag did, maybe go through the menu and stick rigidly to what you will order. You can always order off-menu and get some plain protein foods, but I'm sure Harvester will have enough in the salad bar.

Camilan, I love your story! I really hope you get to where you want to be when your man returns! His face will be a picture!! Maybe you should take someone with you to actaully take a picture lol. Today was a good day for me, I am still obsessing over frozen tetras, and had one for breakfast and one for lunch! I know, I need to get over it, but honestly I feel like I'm having ice-cream or something, it almost feels wrong! Just had vegetable soup for dinner - the only flavour I really like. I went on a long walk and did my pilates DVD. Hopefully going to stay this focused over the weekend. I joined the September challenge but I don't mind transferring to a monthly challenge here in our team. Theres probably too many people on one challenge board. I put my goal down as 16lbs for this month, and so far I have done 11.5lbs, so I hope it can be done. Unless I really slow down in loss now. I have some jeans I'd like to get into, but sadly not a 16. I don't think I've been size 16 since secondary school.

The wi on Monday will help you get through the weekend without going off plan too much xxxx
Social events are really difficult and it's funny how other people feel so guilty eating when you aren't have any of you been to a restaurant and not eaten? I have been pizza hut , mcds ect but not a restaurant not sure how they will be if i'm not eating do you think they will be funny??? xxx

No, just order a tea or coffee. So long as everyone else is eating it shouldn't be a problem. Depends if you are going somewhere very classy and quiet! Try and go for big and noisy so you can blend in.

Hi everyone and thanks for letting me join :) I'm jen and from Glasgow. I live with my partner (who is also doing Cambridge) and our 2 year old daughter. I work full time as an accountant so not very active during the day - more likely to find me sat in front of the laptop :)

I have done Cambridge three times before. I've never got to goal and always stopped as soon as I fit into my 14's. I'm determined that I'm going all the way this time.

Ok here's the crazy part...... I don't actually know what I weigh! My CDC just tells me how much I lose each week as I get hung up on the numbers! I lost 9 3/4 lbs on week 1 and my wi day is a Tuesday.

Today was quite a challenge as I promised my daughter we could go to mcdonalds. I was too tempted not to eat so I had a grilled chicken salad - only 115 cals! I didn't eat the tomatoes or have a dressing so was just a ss+ meal :) who knew you could be healthy at McDonald's eh!

Just been swimming too which was great but I'm knackered!

My mini goal is to get into my 16 river island skinnys - I can fasten them but with a big muffin top so want them to fit nice. My ultimate goal is to be a nice size 12 hopefully be there for Christmas xxx

Jem, I've never heard of that before! Though I have heard some people don't like to hear what they've lost, they just want to hear inch measurements. I like to know it all!! If it works for you then stick to it, as you say, you'll know by your clothes when you're done. Well done on resisting the Macky-D delights, and for finding some SS in there! Swimming is such good cardio AND toning! Your daughter looks so cute in the pic, is it just one child you have? p.s - you need to change your signature if you're staying on this team! ;)

Hey jen so you do not have a goal weight then , will you just keep going until you feel comfortable in your clothes then? You are brave but if it works then good for you xxxx:)

Wow, I'm off the board for one day and our team almost doubles!! Yay, and welcome Jem and Skinnybean.

Jem I admire the way you're doing it, not really knowing your actual weight. I am FIXATED with the scales. I know I shouldn't but I weigh myself everyday! Can't help it, I've always done it, and I know whatever anyone says I always will do it!

Seems like yesterday was tough for everyone, hope you all survived? Yesterday was my evening off plan as it was my wedding anniversary. Only problem was it also became TOTM and first time since starting CD. I found it even harder not to just scoff. The last 3 weeks I've found pretty easy to resist as I'm on 810 anyway, but yesterday was so much harder, everything just screamed EAT ME! So I had 5 slices of parma ham, a slice of bread (to get me out of ketosis so I could have a couple of glasses of wine) then for dinner, seared scallops, and main was chicken breast with puy lentils and veg. I ended up giving half my main course to my husband as I was totally full up! And that's in a posh restaurant where the portion sizes are pretty small anyway! I made sure I had a shake about 5pm so I wouldn't be starving when we went out, and I drank a litre of water over dinner too. Then alcohol wise I had a glass of bubbles, one red wine and a port. Not too bad?

Weighed myself this morning and 1.5lb on at the moment, but hoping that's also TOTM. So I have until wednesday weigh in to lose it, and another 1.5lb on top to make sure I hit my first stone. Off to the gym at 9.30am...

So my goal for Sept is 10lb, and so far 5lb gone.

Tbag: 10lb to lose (5lb gone)
Dollybeth: 16lb to lose (11.5lb gone)
Jem: size 16 skinny jeans

Tbag... congratulations on your anniversary!! And boy that food sounds good!!!

I want to lose 20lb this month...have lost 11lb so far so maybe i can do it!!! I also am fixated by the scales... i weigh every morning and every night :rolleyes: so far this week it says i've lost 4lb but now i have today and tomorrow to content with where i'll be eating but seeing that number on the scales this morning has made me think twice about what i eat today.

At the mo i'm 4lb away from getting under the dreaded 17st mark which i just haven't been able to get below in the past 2 and a half yrs since dieting! And haven't been there for 9 yrs so really really excited about finally doing it!!!

Hope you ladies have a fab weekend!

xxxxx

Morning lovelies! Tbag congrats on your anniversary, and well done for sticking to your menu plan. It was good to take the night off as planned and get right back on it. I've wracked my pea-brain but its early - what does TOTM mean? Lol.

Just had a new bed delivered and when I sat on it, it made a huge crack sound. Oh dear, I need to get thin quick! I feel worried to get back on it now. Just had frozen Chocolate Velvet for breakfast, and now off for a long walk. Have a good day all!

Back