Tearful...

Juliakno

Taking it Day by Day
... but not because I am sad!!
DH suggested this morngin that I should go and buy myself some new clothes (which means I must have looked really hideous in my old lot as this is a very rare offer...)

So while out birthday present shopping for my youngest, who will be 2 on Sunday, I went past one of those massiv NEXT stores, which had a sale on. I normally would have never ever even considered buying anything in NEXT as was never able to, but spured on by all my size 18 clothes getting way to big I thought I will just have a look and maybe buy something I can slim into.

Now the exciting bit... after endlesslly picking up size 18's, only to put them back again I finally picked up some size 16 jeans and tops thinking I better try them on just to see how long before I can fit into them. So 3 kids and all into the changing rooms I went, preparing myself for the obvious, only to find that not only could I get those size 16's over my hips and belly, I could actually DO THEM UP:eek::D. I very nearly screamed the place down, my daugther looking at me as though I had gone mad but who cares.

and finally for the tearful bit.., I just tried all those lovely new clothes (oh, bought a bra as well) on again at home, and this is when it hit me that I hadn't been this size since I was 15, I don't know but I think I am upset, angry, scared and happy all at the same time. ANgry at all the years I lost spending thinking I will always be fat, happy because obviously I have found a way of changing that and scared because I don't want to put the weight back on again and because I have still such a long way to go, I don't even know what I will look like, feel like when I get there. It's all very confusing at the moment, and I think I have a lot of finding myself to do .

Can't wait though to show off my new clothes to DH tonight

What la lovely post! It is great to hear you are doing so well!!!

Hope your DH loves the clothes as much as you do!! He sounds like a gem!!

I can sooooo relate to this, I got myself some 22/24 tops yesterday but they are a little loose around my waist and bust but need new tops.....I liked them so much that I ordered 18/20`s just to see how much I have to go to get into them and omg they fit. I was dumnstruck.

I started out at a 36 or a snug 32/34 so am so so happy. I am also mad too at letting myself get that big in the first place.

Well done xx

:DWell done you two :D

Julia, hope hubby enjoys the fashion show :p

What a wonderful post!!!

Size 16! Well done!!!

Love Mini xxx

What a lovely post! I can't wait to hear how your husband react! Please do tell us!

Well done!!!!

so glad for you - well done - and enjoy!

Well..... the fashionshow didn't go quite as smooth as planned... we had to see a doctor with our daughter tonight, so by the time we got home we had three screaming kids to bring to bed, the new clothes were lying on the bed, so DH had a look at them already before I put them on (how dare he....) but I still somehow found the time to put them on and show off my nice new perky behind (won't mention the slight overhang at the front:D) in my nice size 16 jeans, and he genuinly was pleased. I think he was most pleased at just seeing me so happy. Clothes as most of you can imagine hasn't been my favourite point of disucssion in the past, I am still chuffed that I can kiss Evans goodbye now and mainly go where I want now, yipeehhhh!!!!

How wonderful!!!

I really know where you're coming from with this. It really is an emotional ride losing weight. I honestly feel now that I haven't been as confident, relaxed about my appearance and happy ever!!! Losing weight dosen't just effect how you look it's biggest effect is on how you feel inside.

Well done to you:hug99:

Tracey
x

Well done I can also relate to this its such a great feeling there are so many mixed emotions keep up the good work 14s here you come

It's cool, isn't it! I did the same thing yesterday - popped into Next in my lunchhour and thought I'd see what this grey shift dress looked like in a 16 and it was perfect. I am not a 16 in trousers yet but dresses and tops work and it's such a buzz buying those sizes.

Here, I find Next sizes a bit on the small size too - so you HAVE done well!! Congratulations

Dear Julia

Well done! Can totallly relate to changing room tears - I still do it because I've never been slim as an adult (apart from when I did an extreme diet and the smaller me lasted...oooh, a couple of weeks!).

Clothes weren't my thing either and it's a funny transition but just wanted to say totally empathise and keep going. It just gets better!!!

Hope you manage a repeat fashion show and that your daughter is better.

Take care.

Mrs Lxxx

Back