Teas?

fiojam

Focused & goin for goal!
Can you have fennel, camomile and spearmint tea on VLCD?

Out of that list, i think you can only have the spearmint. Teas made with anything other than leaves (eg camomile is made from flowers) are a no no cos they can throw you out of ketosis.

HTH

Yep Dom is right - only ones made from the leaves ... so earl grey is also ok. Not sure where fennel teas come from??? Being thick here!! Is it a root or something???

I thought the lemon is Earl Grey is a no-no too? My counsellor told me to avoid it when I was SSing. I drank Rooibos a lot & I know that Peppermint is ok as well.

Try nettle tea, it's lovely, Asda do a nice one it's organic too, I just remembered I've run out of it too,
Camomile tea kicked me out of ketosis.

Hmmm, will try that then! It isn't me but my fiance who is drinking the Camomile and I told him he shouldn't be. Ho much did you drink for it to kick you out of ketosis?

Hi fiojam,
I had run out of the nettle tea and found some camomile tea bags in the cupboard I think I had about 5 or 6 cups over a couple of days and found I was starving hungry and struggling not to break the diet and eat, then it dawned on me that I must not be in ketosis anymore and figured the only thing it could have been was the camomile tea,

Hi fiojam,
I had run out of the nettle tea and found some camomile tea bags in the cupboard I think I had about 5 or 6 cups over a couple of days and found I was starving hungry and struggling not to break the diet and eat, then it dawned on me that I must not be in ketosis anymore and figured the only thing it could have been was the camomile tea,

Thanks ayembee. He generally only has one cup a day - you think this might be ok? He's getting sick of water and has just bought a box! Maybe if he alternates between nettle and peppermint?

peppermint is yuuummmmmmmmy!! I am currently living on the stuff!! Theres Clipper ones in tesco and for some bizarre reason are a LOT cheaper than the ones in shoprite!

I agree! I'm drinking a lot of the stuff! Some are better than others though. I tried the Tesco own ones and they were ok but then I tried a 'better' brand and it was much nicer - smoother if you know what I mean. Am currently drinking Twinings organic which is yum!

I had Earl Grey when I did LL before and I was fine with it.Never tried Ceylon so can't help there.
Fennel might be OK as it's made from seeds but the general rule is leaf teas only.

I guess you could try maybe 2-3 cups in a day (of one type of tea) and then get ou the ketostix - it is quite individual how sensitive we are to being kicked out of ketosis!

I guess you could try maybe 2-3 cups in a day (of one type of tea) and then get ou the ketostix - it is quite individual how sensitive we are to being kicked out of ketosis!

Yes very true-some people get knocked out easily, others don't.

Back