teenage slimming world

nick1974

hi, i've been doing slimming world, using old books and buying the magazines for 6 months and have lost 2 stone (i'm now 10st 8lb which i havent been for years ) my 14 year old son has lost 1 stone, by eating the same as me - we always follow the extra easy plan but should i be giving him any extras because of his age ?? he enjoys all the meals and has never been one for sweets, chocolate I've been giving him a pkt of french fries, alpen light bar or extra bread to use for sandwiches in school ?? any packed lunch ideas for him, he normally has 2 sandwiches or a pitta bread filled with chicken and salad, fruit and a alpen light bar, but this can get boring after a while, thanks

Because he's only fourteen he qualifies as what slimming world call 'free2go' not sure on the exact details of it but basically it's a sw plan for u16's that concentrates less on weightloss and more on healthy eating, so they're allowed unlimited healthy extra's except for limiting things like alpen bars, olive oil and full fat milk to three choices per day, there also not supposed to count syns just encouraged to make 'cool swaps'. But I think if extra easy is working well for him just stick to it. What about babybels or a cheestring for his lunch too? Pasta salad? Low-syn crisps? Muller light? Cooked chicken pieces?

hi, i've been doing slimming world, using old books and buying the magazines for 6 months and have lost 2 stone (i'm now 10st 8lb which i havent been for years ) my 14 year old son has lost 1 stone, by eating the same as me - we always follow the extra easy plan but should i be giving him any extras because of his age ?? he enjoys all the meals and has never been one for sweets, chocolate I've been giving him a pkt of french fries, alpen light bar or extra bread to use for sandwiches in school ?? any packed lunch ideas for him, he normally has 2 sandwiches or a pitta bread filled with chicken and salad, fruit and a alpen light bar, but this can get boring after a while, thanks
Just wanted to jump in and say well done you! 2 stones loss is great and for your son to lose 1stone also, and for him to start on a healthy lifestyle will set him up for the rest of his life - a great investment for him:0clapper:

I'm not sure how the plan for teens works but great that the weight loss is going well for you both. I think making sure that your son gets enough of the healthy extra's while still growing development is important and developing healthy eating habits and ways :)

Hi, I just wanted to say congratulations to you and your son on the weight loss, you've both done amazing! :)
For packed lunch ideas: SW pizza (using smash or HxB wholemeal pitta, HxA cheese, ham, tomato puree) bachelors savoury rice and chicken tikka pieces or chicken drumsticks without the skin, pasta salad, quiche...
If he wanted something sweet for afterwards: Fruit salad, Hartleys no added sugar jelly pots (0.5 syns), WW layered fromage frais summer berries (a bit like muller fruit corners 0.5 -1.5 syns each), Cadburys light chocolate mousse(3 syns), Asda cheese curls (3.5 syns), WW belgian chocolate & vanilla mousse (4 syns), 2 finger Kit-Kat (5.5 syns) ... Hope this helps! :D xxx

thanks for the suggestions, he's getting a bit down lately cos he's been sticking to the diet ( extra easy ) and haven't lost anymore weight for the last few weeks, according to the wii. could this be down to us joining the gym ?, although he doesn't do weights just running on the treadmill ( he did 1 hr yesterday, i was exhausted watching him lol ) rowing, stepper and bike. we have also been going swimming and out on bikes. I've lost a few pounds more but he hasn't. he hasn't been cheating as i do all his food for him, and he wouldn't anyway ! although we did have a chinese sat night- special fried rice, chicken chow mein, curry sauce and a bag of chips shared between 4 of us. 3 girls in school told him he looked alot thinner which made him feel better, what can i do to boost his weight loss, he only needs to lose about half stone, any suggestions would be great. thanks x

nick1974 said:
thanks for the suggestions, he's getting a bit down lately cos he's been sticking to the diet ( extra easy ) and haven't lost anymore weight for the last few weeks, according to the wii. could this be down to us joining the gym ?, although he doesn't do weights just running on the treadmill ( he did 1 hr yesterday, i was exhausted watching him lol ) rowing, stepper and bike. we have also been going swimming and out on bikes. I've lost a few pounds more but he hasn't. he hasn't been cheating as i do all his food for him, and he wouldn't anyway ! although we did have a chinese sat night- special fried rice, chicken chow mein, curry sauce and a bag of chips shared between 4 of us. 3 girls in school told him he looked alot thinner which made him feel better, what can i do to boost his weight loss, he only needs to lose about half stone, any suggestions would be great. thanks x

And tell him not to get too hung up on what the scales say. At his age if he stays the same weight and grows a bit then automatically he will "lose" weight. Might be a good idea to check his height every now and again to check whether he has grown rather than keep trying to lose.

thanks, he is looking alot better and his fitness levels have improved, mine too- I managed to swim 25 lengths today without stopping.
on the food front so far today we've had
EE
spaghetti & scrambled egg, banana, strawberries, raspberries
lasagne (made with extra lean mince, 2 tins asda ratatouille, mushrooms, onions, tin tomatoes with garlic, lasagne sheets topped with melted laughing cow light), salad
ham, salad sandwich, pkt baked star crisps. pineapple, mullerlight yoghurt

been shopping so planning a nice roast chicken dinner tomorrow, one of our favourite meals, yum yum

30 day shred dvd and biggest loser workout for wii came today so planning on starting them tomorrow. x

Back