Teenies weight loss journey

Teenie

I have decided to start a diary as this is going to be a loooong journey, looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better. :)

So I have been on Orlistat for 8 days now and was doing ok until yesterday when I got the dreaded orange oil and then had more today :eek: In a way I was glad because at least I know the tablets are working but eurgh, how on earth do you clean that stuff off the toilet!!!

I have my first weigh in on them on Thursday looking forward to it but I don't think I'll have a massive loss as I have already started losing weight on my own so not going to have that first week good water loss. Also I weigh myself first thing in the morning in the nude but my appt with the nurse isn't until 4.40pm........and I don't think she would be over the moon if I stripped off to get weighed :D

I have realised that I'm on a lower dose than I should be so hopefully I will get the correct one when she gives me my new prescription.

I have a really good feeling about this, I have been on umpteen diets for years but this time I AM going to achieve my goal, my appetite for starters has decreased and I have not craved junk food of any sort since I started, ok it's early days and I'm sure that will change but so far so good.:)

Well done for starting your diary Teenie! I find it helps a lot!!!!! So have you worked out what tango'd you? I've luckily not had it yet, had a bit of a reaction to turkey mince but wasn't like people describe..... I feel like you, really positive that I've found something to work finally after 15 years!!!! Onwards & downwards x

Thanks Lexie and LOL it is at least 15 years for me too!

I think it was the beef curry I made that done it, I thought it would have been ok tbh as there was no fat on the beef (or very little) and it was just made with veg and stock and a tin of toms :confused:. It happened once today this morning but I did have hot dogs yesterday so I'm presuming it was that. It's just a case of trial and error I suppose. I am keeping a note of things with myfitness pal and so far I have been under calories and fat every day.

I got to goal 15 years ago, within a year had put most of it back on never again!!!

Ooh hot dogs, was sure they were a no no..... Xx

try eliminate processed foods and you will find Mr Tango man isn't around anywhere near as often :)
x

Yeah I never eat processed food as it tastes like c**p lol and scratch cook everything but it was a one off I just have to see what works and doesn't work for me.

hey hun, well done on starting a diary... and booo about the orange!!!
are you sticking to the 5g per 100g of fat rule (and no more than 15g per meal)
if you stick to that you will do amazingly well, and have no problems. :)

good luck in the journey you have ahead, and we are all here to help and guide you alone :)

It's weigh day tomorrow and tbh I'm not feeling all that optimistic, I 'feel' like I've lost weight but the scales aren't showing it :( this hasn't been helped with the fact that I have had to totally give up breast feeding my wee one since starting Orlistat and my hormones are all over the place, I got another period a couple of days ago (I had my first one after having my wee boy 2 weeks ago!) but despite what the scales say I just have to get on with it and hopefully i will get the correct dose which should help things.

I went out for my first lunch today with some Mums from my wee ones nursery, I did think about pulling out but thought to myself that I am going to have to get used to dealing with being in these situations and adapting to them and hey I don't get our for lunch without my littlies very often, well ok my baby son was with me my but daughter was having Christmas lunch at nursery (huh how times have changed, we didn't get that at playschool!!). I was very good and just had a bowl of vegetable soup with brown bread and tbh it was enough (at the time) which is just as well as my wee one was sharing with me!

I have been hungry this afternoon which is actually the first time i have felt hungry but I have not had enough to drink, I'm struggling with the water intake. I used to drink 2 litres of water a day with no problem but I just can't seem to get it down me. I find drinking the 1ltr sports bottles water are the easiest for me to get water into me but I rarely even finish one of these.

Will let you all know how I get on and I will try and not be too disheartened by the outcome :)

Teenie honey even if it doesn't show this week it will soon... Your body is probably adjusting to stopping feeding the little one..... Hugs xx

Aw thanks Lexie that made me :) x

Eeeep it's weigh day!!! I have weighed myself on my own scales and I am 3lbs down in 10 days :D ok a couple of more lbs would have been better but it's an ok start. Will get weighed later by nurse so will be interesting to see what her scales say. Will report back ;)

Grrrrr I'm so flipping pee'd off, went to get weighed and as expected I haven't moved, I was weighed at 8.40am the first time and 4.45pm today so of course there is going to be no change. The nurse was ok but i felt she was so negative "oh you've not lost anything" well no of course it's not going to show considering the time difference!!:mad: And as a matter of interest I weighed myself on my own scales when i got home again and I am 5lbs heavier than I was this morning, meaning that I have actually lost more according to their scales.

I asked her about the dosage and she said I was on repeat from the doc for 60mcg but when she looked it up after I told her I thought it should be 120mcg and she agreed and spoke to another doc who told her to increase the dose (after saying "oh I hate Orlistat!").

I laughingly told her about my orange incident and her reply was "oh did you cheat" ffs woman it was one hotdog and I told her it was going to be a little bit of trial and error and I'll soon learn what to do and what not to do.

As you can tell I'm annoyed and feeling a bit meh about the whole thing but it wont put me off I am too determined this time, was just hoping for a bit more support considering it took me a lot of courage to go and ask for help :(.

Anyhoo I get weighed in another 2 weeks, on the 29th Dec, whoo hoo great timing LOL and she did say "oh not great timing, do you think you'll manage to stick to it". I told her that I just have to, I have to lose this weight no matter what.

Right that's my vent over :D do i feel better, not really but I will when I go into her room in 2 weeks time and I will be down by a few lbs!!;) Oh and she suggested that from now on I get weighed at the same time, yep that would make sense!

I'm going to change my profile back to show no weigh loss and will just update when I get weighed at the docs.

Last edited:
Come and rant to us we understand. It's a shame the nurse isn't more supportive - could you see a different one? I ask as my Dr is great but I don't think the others in the practice would be.

I'm lucky because the nurse I make sure I see to get weighed has actually been on xenical herself so knows the trials and tribulations. My doc is ok as well just not too knowledgable about it. Although one if the nurses who could do with being on it is rather condescending about the 'ideals' of exercise etc so I avoid appointments on her days .
My next weigh in is 21st

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Feeling a bit more chilled out today lol!! I will see who I get the next time and if I get her and she's the same I will ask for a different nurse in future.

I got my hubby to take photos last night and oh dear me!! Hey let's face it I know I'm huge but I did get a shock :eek: hopefully that is all the incentive I need!

Had my daughters Christmas play and it was brilliant, they were all so good and soooo cute!!

I had a look round the supermarket today for suitable snacks but tbh I was really strugging to find things, can anyone suggest things (preferably savoury). I find I'm not hungry in between meals but it was just to have in just in case and we are going to the panto tomorrow so was looking for little nibbles I could take with me, I have bought some caramel snack a jacks, but I really don't want sweet things, not sure what has happened LOL!!

Right better go and drink some water as that is one area I'm going to have to improve!

:)

I like the kids Disney apple rice cakes from tesco.. Not too sweet, but nice!

M&S do count on us crisps with the rules, I think!

Dried fruit?

Have a look online at tesco web site via the laptop they have the nutrient values on the 2nd tab, once you have clicked on it.

Fantastic thanks for that, the crisps would be great as a treat now and again :)

I like the Ryvita sweet chilli flavour they're near 'proper' Ryvita in Tescos & make a good snack, they come In crisp size packets so are easy to take with you.

Back