Teenies weight loss journey

I have started taking the full dose of Orlistat now and I must say last night was interesting. Woke up during the night to visit the toilet and had a bit of tummy pain. Had a bit of diahorrea (sp?) this morning, not orange though but I was unsure if I was going to be ok sitting on a bus for an hour then sitting through a panto for 3 hrs LOL. I went though and it was fine no nasty trips to the toilet, thank goodness.

Am slowly starting to increase my water which is a good thing, just need a kick up the backside to get exercising but I never seem to have time at the mo. I'm back to work in January after being off on maternity leave :( so will get back into a better routine then hopefully.

Tired today but I keep forgetting to take my thyroxine, i've had to change the time I take it because of the orlistat and now take them at bedtime rather than morning and I just can never remember that I have to take them. Might have to set a reminder.

I reckon we should all do our very best to exercise come January, I've been slack too but have committed to the race for life & said I'll run it with a friend who lost her mum last month.... I owe it to her to do what I said......

So I have been on Xenical for 2 weeks now and if I'm trully honest I am feeling completely deflated and pretty down :( not sure what I was expecting, miracles maybe? If I'm honest I thought i would lose a lot of weight (given the size I am) pretty quickly but to date I have lost 5lbs according to my scales (less than that according to the docs). I know that it quite a good, healthy weight loss, was just hoping for a bit more by now. I think at the back of my mind I'm thinking that if I go back to the docs in a weeks time and all I'll have lost in a month (according to their scales) is a lb or 2, they're not going to keep me on the tabs for very long?

I am sticking to the rules 100%, have not cheated, am not experiencing any nasty side effects (no tango man since that one time), my appetite is nowhere what it used to be, I'm not snacking in between meals, as I just don't feel hungry and I'm increasing my water in take. I know I need to get exercising but at the moment trying to find the time is impossible. The only thing I can think of is trying to increase my calories slightly as i am finding it very difficult trying to eat them all, this would then get my metabolism going but then I think if I'm not hungry then eating just to increase my calories is getting into a bad habit again!

I just don't know :confused:!!!! I think the nurses attitude has gotten to me more than I thought and I am worried about getting weighed again. I just wish I had thought about it and asked for a weigh in at the same time of day, or weighed myself at home at the same time. At least after the next one i will be getting weighed at the same time so hopefully they'll (the nurses) will see the weight shifting, but it's just not shifting quickly, not when I see everyone elses weight losses. :cry:

Honey try not to stress out, I know that seems easy for someone else to say but I think you are right about increasing your calories, I had 2 weeks last month where I only lost 1lb across the fortnight & was only eating about 900 calories a day, as soon as I increased it the loss started again & I lost 7.5lbs in the next 2 weeks. I think its true that your body can panic & store what it already has & your metabolism slows right down.. You can do this but no you are right its not a miracle although I know that is what we all want really, I think its more about training you to make the right food choices.... You have all my support honey, don't let this bloody weight beat you, you really can do this xx

Thanks Lexie, it made me feel better. I know I'm in this for the long haul but it's going to be even longer if the weight doesn't shift LOL!!

Anyway it is unofficial weigh day and I am 2lbs down, so according to my scales I have lost 5lbs since being on the tablets (2 1/2 weeks) which is ok. I started losing weight myself on the 7th November and so from that date I have lost a stone :D

Having a night out with hubby tomorrow, it will be the first time we have been out together sinceI fell pregnant in August last year so looking forward to it. Will I be ok with alcohol? I drink vodka mainly but occasionally (to start with) I drink Rose wine, will obviously need to watch the calories with this though and obviously will need to avoid the kebab at the end of thie night!!:eek::D

Cool I drink voddy and diet coke anyway......probably wont be able to drink much though, will have become a light weight no doubt lol!!

I thought that Teenie but Tuesday night I did 10 vodkas, 1 JD & a glass of wine. Just thinking about it makes me feel sick!!!!

Ooh feel ill just thinking about drinking that much!

After 1 glass of wine I'm asleep. I'm the sort of person you leave in a corner of the first pub on a pub crawl and pick me up at the end .
Needless to say I don't bother drinking :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Very cheap . :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh dear things haven't been going well, have totally gone off the rails this week. Had my night out and it appears that I can no longer handle my drink :D

Really haven't stuck to my diet this week and I am really disappointed in myself, I thought I was stronger than this but I am desperate to get back to healthy eating again, my whole mood/sleep pattern changes when I eat rubbish. I have been taking my tablet for the past couple of days but have had no side effects what so ever.....very confused about that one!!:confused:

Anyway onward and upwards, 2012 will be a new start for me :)

So the choccies/crisps/treats etc etc are all done (well the kids still have theirs but wont be touching them) so I am officially back on the wagon. :D

Weighed myself this morning so have put on a few lbs as expected but have over a week to try and lose it until weigh day but I'm going to be honest and tell the nurse I came off the tablets (mostly) and didn't follow the diet at all. I feel great though, this is a new start and I'm ready for it I feel that now Xmas is out of the way, I have nothing to stop me now.

I'm feeling really positive today, I've had a few rocky days but will put those days behind me and just get on, the days will eventually get longer and I can hopefully get back out for walks. My daughter got the dance junior Wii game and jeezo it is a good workout LOL so between that and wii fit I will get some exercising done (aiming for 3-4 days).

Onward and upwards, this IS the year I will lose a good lot of the weight.......bring it on!!

It is soooo nice to be back on track, well I'm nearly there, just need to cut back on the carbs.

I had a sneaky weigh in so have lost 2lbs in 2 days, am desperately hoping to get down to at least what I was before Christmas by next Thursday when i have my WI. I can't actually believe how much i gained in such a short space of time! :eek:

I have looked out the wii fitness game so am going to do that in a wee while.

The mini goals are great and it really gives me a focus without being overwhelmed by the amount of weight I have to lose. If i am being TOTALLY honest I am kind of worried that this is not going to work but I need to get that negative thought out of my head......it will work and this is a fantastic supportive place to be. I was disappointed by the small amount of weight I lost in the first couple of weeks and I need to forget about it and move on, this is a new start for me. I am changing my stats to show the increase over Christmas and hopefully I will get another chance at WI next week (they wont stop the tablets after the first month will they?).

Anyway I've waffled enough, away to set up the wii!

Try & think positive hon, I can't see the Doc stopping them after a month especially with it being Christmas but I do know my doc expected a 5% of original body weight loss in first 3 months & 10% in 6 months...... Just be honest with the Doc. And I'll be honest & say I didn't think it'd work either but 12 weeks on I am 30lbs lighter xx

Thanks hun I'm trying LOL, once I get this WI over and done with I'll feel better I think and 5% is 14lbs so totally doable in the next 2 months!

That is an amazing weight loss from you, well done!! How many calories are you eating a day?

Thanks hun I'm trying LOL, once I get this WI over and done with I'll feel better I think and 5% is 14lbs so totally doable in the next 2 months!

That is an amazing weight loss from you, well done!! How many calories are you eating a day?

Yeah you can do it! I am on between 1200 & 1300 calories a day, I could have had 1500 to start with but very very rarely did.....

The calories confuses me tbh, I have never really followed calories, usually fat or carbs or points/checks. If I go my Scottish slimmers or WW's I would be allowed 1800 calories for my weight but I do find it difficult to consume all these. Will adjust MFP I think and try maybe 1600 to start and see how I get on (as they automatically give me 1800 calories too).

Back