Teenies weight loss journey

Not really much to report but I think, for me it's important to keep my diary up, even if nobody else reads it LOL.

A bit of a manic day, baby brain again and I forgot my daughter had a birthday party to go to (thought it was tomorrow). At 11am text one of the Mums from nursery who informed me the party was at 12pm :eek: no pressie, card or anything so had to rush around getting both myself and K ready then rushing to the shop to get a present. I didn't get have a chance to get brekkie (had a long lie in, DS was up at 4am with a dirty nappy and it took me ages to drop back to sleep again) so I grabbed a (minging) sandwich which was within the rules and that was lunch. Came home then had to go back out again for opticians appt so didn't cook for tea tonight but got a ready meal again within the rules and it was actually quite nice. Unfortunately I gave in to temptation and had a couple of mint chocs :( I have recorded them on MFP and I am still under fat and calories for the day but still ........

The nocturnal trips to the toilet are doing my head in, I know it's a good sign and it will stop eventually but it is too cold to be traipsing round the house in the middle of the night LOL!!!

I have avoided temptation of the scales again, I think I'm too scared to check and see how I'm getting on tbh, will try and wait until Thursday when I go for my WI.

Oh Teenie don't think no-one reads, there is something that is almost a naughty feeling about reading someone elses diary lol! You are doing well & please don't scale hop, I did & spent the week in a right grump as I thought I had gained when I hadn't at official weigh in. Hope today is as successful x

Aw lexie thank you that made me :) I read OP's diaries and I know what you mean lol ;)

I did have a sneaky wee peek on the scales this evening around the time when I would be roughly getting weighed on Thursday and I'm down to what I was before Xmas so i'm very happy I have a few more days to take off another couple of lbs but it means I have lost 7lbs in 6 days :D I'm still worried about the nurses scales but I know I'm losing by my clothes. More importantly I feel so much better within myself and much more positive about things :) xx

Weigh day for me today, I know I will have stayed the same even though I've actually lost about 7lbs since last Tuesday but not sure how the nurse will take to that if I haven't lost anything since my last WI a month ago :( Oh well can't do anything about it now I knew what would happen if I came off the diet/tablets over Christsmas but the important thing for me is that I got right back into it very quickly. I really hate these evening weigh ins too, if i get the same nurse as last time I will request a different one for future don't need her negativity.

Will report back later :)

Well I stayed the same so happy with that as it means I have actually lost nearly half a stone (although didn't take proper weight with clothes on when I weighed myself when I started again last week so have taken a guesstimate for my stats and ticker).

Nurse was ok this time and she did admit that it was a bad time of year to have started but did 'warn' me that I'll have to show a loss next time as she is supposed to stop the tablets if I don't show anything (which i knew anyway). She couldn't fit me in for 4 weeks so I go back in 5 weeks time so would love to lose at least 10lbs by then.....bring it on!

Eeep been 6 days since I last posted so just checking in.

Back to work from maternity leave this week so that was a bit of a shock to the system. Diet wise things are going ok have missed brekkie the last 2 mornings since being back at work, just need to get back into a routine again. Other than that it is going well, I have been under my calories and fat most days but did give into temptation at the weekend and had a couple of my hubbys cupcakes.....it was for shock you understand :eek::D, my 8 mnth old decided that he would like to explore outside of his cot and attempted to climb out cue a trip to A & E :eek: he was fine though, just a bit of a crack to his forhead but a bit of glue and it is healing nicely, what a fright though!

Ohhh I feel for you, that is always stressful! My oldest fell down the stairs last Xmas and had to go to a&e as he hit his head on the radiator.. I now panic any time kids are playing on the stairs..

I'm lucky my littlest (2.1/4 years) doesn't like to climb out as he has tried a few times and ended hanging upside down,(big brother (4.5 years)saved him) I am trying to teach him to do it at the moment as I now leave the sides down .. But no luck because of the scares he's had :)

Aw I have a 4.5 wee one too but a girl, she has NEVER had an accident to speak of.......my wee man though is a proper little boy, he is an absolute joy but oh boy he is going to be hard work at times when he is older LOL!

I'm feeling really tired just now, just a combination of things I guess. Have started doing the just dance game a few nights this week, hubby does it along with me, it's a good laugh and jeez I really feel it!

Had a sneaky WI but stayed the same, i'll be honest I was surprised as I feel another difference in my clothes, we will see what happens next week, I'm not too concerned at the mo ;)

Oh dear 2 weeks since I checked in!! In my defense I am back at work now from maternity leave and tbh I'm shattered by nightime, it will take me a while to get back into the swing of things again. I also have a new role so that has been a bit stressful.

Anyway things aren't going well just now on the weight loss front and hand on my heart just don't know what is going on. It is 4 weeks tomorrow since my 'official' weigh in and I am only 3lbs down :sigh: (but actually 8lbs from when i weighed myself at the beginning of Jan) I have my WI next week and if I'm not taken off the tablets I'll be surprised. I thought I would have been at the stone mark just now and am so disheartened and disappointed, this has been the slowest weight loss on any diet I have ever been on. I am following the rules, cut back my calories, not getting tangoed (so obviously following the fat content properly) and I just don't know what else I can do!

If they do take me off the tablets and let's face it they may as well since the weight isn't shifting, i'm not sure where on earth to go from here I am feeling so down about it all, I truly thought this was going to be the answer for me :( I need some guidance to shift this weight as the low calorie, low fat and the zen obviously aren't working or I am getting things completely wrong.

Will be back next week after I have been weighed at surgery and see what happens.

First of all try not to be disheartened, I know it's hard but don't let it win. Right then;

How many calories are you eating? Are you tracking with myfitnesspal? You need to be eating at least 1200 or your body won't work properly.....

Are you drinking at least 2 litres of water a day?

Are you eating plenty of fruit & veg to keep you regular lol

Xx

Hey hun

Yep use MYF every day (missed a couple of days during the week), am down to inbetween 1400-1600 calories (but according to ww or SS etc I should be on 1800-1900, not sure if that is a factor). Not managing 2 litres every day but drink a good 1.5 ltrs most days. I have started cutting out pasta/rice/potatoes for evening meal (as my carbs are too high if i don't) and replacing with veg and have at least one piece of fruit during the day.

I just don't know lexie do you think the water is the thing i'm doing wrong? (and I need to get exercising again but even without exercise I should be losing more weight than this). Can you eat to little fat?

You know something it really bugs me how they just gave me a prescripton and sent me on my merry way, there has been no guidance whatsoever, surely someone, dietiecian/nutritionist/someone who knows what they are talking about, should be involved so people know what they are supposed to be doing. I have spoken to someone who was on the tablets and was successful on them but she didn't even count calories!!

I don't know maybe I should increase my calories again but then I'm not hungry enough to eat more and don't want to start eating just for the sake of it ! Arrggghhh this is so difficult, not what I expected at all. I have been on so many diets now I don't even know what the right way to lose weight is anymore :sigh:

I'm completely with you on the lack of help. If I'd not found here I'd have likely given up after a couple of weeks as is have been tangoed loads I reckon!!!!

As for calories I'd say they're fine as they are. The only thing I use on mfp is calories & fat I ignore the other stuff as I know I have too many carbs but come on I've given up the **** I've got to still have some enjoyment from food lol!

I don't know re water, they do say 2 litres, try upping it. How much fat do you have? I tend to be between 15 & 18g a day so to be honest most days I only take 1 xen a day. Are you using a lot or your cals on sweet things cos they say that can be bad.

If you're on mfp & I'm not already on your friends add me then I can look at your diary (you'll need to go in to settings & make it visible to friends) & vice versa. Sometimes another pair of eyes helps xx

hey hun, dont get discouraged...

if you are stressed this could contribute to not losing weight (our bodies can be cruel sometimes)

i would def say up the water to between 2 and 3 litres... make sure that you dont eat too much sugar, and obviously you are doing everything correctly with the tablets or you would be getting tango'd..

exercise is also KEY!! you have to try and get something in outside your day to day.... obviously you are a busy new mum, but your body is used to being that person, you have to do something your body isnt used to...

try not to worry, they do say the slower the better (and i have to agree) but if you can try and factor in the water and the exercise then ihope things start to shift for you. :)

did you measure yourself??

I thought the cals are quite high unless you are about 6 ft tall. I know others are on about 1800 but a 'normal ' woman needs only 2000 cals to maintain her weight so to be honest you're not cutting down much to lose lb's each week .

Having said that 1200 is the lowest you should go as well. I tend to eat somewhere between 12 and 1400 when I track it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

toofatkat said:
I thought the cals are quite high unless you are about 6 ft tall. I know others are on about 1800 but a 'normal ' woman needs only 2000 cals to maintain her weight so to be honest you're not cutting down much to lose lb's each week .

Having said that 1200 is the lowest you should go as well. I tend to eat somewhere between 12 and 1400 when I track it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I agree, if I was eating 1600-1800 kcal range I lost very little, which is where i started 6-7 mths ago. I now try eat 1300-1500 and exercise 3 times a week if I do that I loose 500- 1kg a week but that is as long as I drink 3l plus a day.. And don't go over my kcal intake (which happens a fair bit ) Lexie is so great at sticking to her eating plan which is why she is loosing weight so fabulously :) also I don't think she eats her exercise kcals

Hi just noticed your diary so i thought i would have a little read! I chatted to a few people who didnt lose quickly in the first few weeks, everyones different, some lose it fast some lose it slow. Dont give up hope yet, you can do it!! Re-cals and what everyone is saying, with you weighing a bit more ( and i dont mean any offence or to cause upset, i weigh more than you ) than the others you are aloud more calories, my fitness pal works all that out for you, so i always go by what that says!! Too be honest i dont drink huge amounts of water and its never slowed my weight losses, ( i lost a lot last year but due to different things going on put alot back on) I do have to try and reduce my bread intake though, as i find it doesnt help!! You do need a certain amount of fat in your diet, on xenical 45g the most. So you can go up to that and still be ok, you do need a certain amount of fat in your body, as well as calories this fuels your body, too little and your metabolism will slow down!!

I wish you lots of luck, and hope you get the losses you deserve very soon!!

Thanks for the feedback ladies I think cals are definately the key. As I said when I was on scottish slimmers it was recommended that my cals were 1800 a day (and I lost weight on that) that is why I started with that and am decreasing them and like Rach said I weigh more than most (if not all of you) hence the higher amount of calories.
This is what i mean about the lack of guidance whatsover from anyone on these tablets, it is ridiculous!!
I have had a peek at the weightlossresources website and they recommend 1489 calories a day for a 2ib a week loss so that is what i am going to aim for and I'll increase my water intake.

The calories i'm eating aren't all sugar and no fat, I have a fibrous breakfast (bran flakes/muesli/shreddies etc) , pitta or wholemeal sandwich with ham or tuna and salad or a packet of the ainsley couscous for lunch and evening meal is chicken/low fat mince (which I also drain)/pulses/fish with either rice pasta or potatoes but I am cutting down on the carbs at this time of day as I feel I am eating too many so they are replaced with steamed veg.

If I have any snacks they are fruit or a low fat yogurt and as a treat I might have crackerbreads with very low fat philly or an asda cereal bar (all within the fat limits).

I know I need to exercise more but at the mo with a 4 year old and a 9 month old I am not getting a chance during the day (I work too) and by night I am shattered, hopefully that will change once I get used to being back at work and i will get some of my energy back. I did start doing just dance but haven't done it for a couple of weeks.

Will increase the water. I used to drink at least 2litres a day when i was on the celebrity slim diet so I know I can do it.

Back