Teeny bit let down

xMandyDx

Determination is Key
I've lost over a stone so far, and really thought I'd be getting into a smaller size jeans/top soon, but I'm not noticing any difference at all in my clothes. Anyone else?

I know I'm not just losing it from my waist, and that it's coming off my entire body, but... I guess I had it in my mind at the start that when I lost a stone or so, my clothes would be swimming on me.

Suppose I just needed a bit of a moan, and to know I'm not alone in this. Please someone else tell me you had to lose more than 18lb before you felt it in your clothes?

Exercising will help with that chick. I think I had to lose a stone and a half the last time I did SW to notice a difference in my clothes.

I used to judge my weight loss with an old pair of work trousers.

I used to work in a warehouse and had to wear combats as uniform. The only ones I could find were mens. And I was discusted in myself to find that a 44 inch waist was the only ones to fit me comfortably.

But soon, about a month after starting SW, they were getting lose and I had to wear a belt.Then every week I had to go down a hole on my belt. It really was lovely.

I agree, I think it was around the stone and a half mark before my work uniform started to feel loose, keep going and you and others will soon notice the difference.

It's always hard to see it in ourselves, I guess. I just thought I'd have been sliding around in my clothes by now lol I've lost 18lb!

Honestly, I have lost almost 4 1/2 stone on slimming world and I havent had a MASSIVE difference in clothes size.
I am about an 18 now (occassionally a 16 or 20 so about an 18!)
I started off 22 on top and 24 on bottom so I have seen a huge difference. 2/3 sizes at MOST.

But things fit better, and you cant see my stomach sticking out as much and my legs dont bust out of the seams in jeans/leggings etc.

There are changes just not always ones we see.

tumblr_lq8gvy7eYw1r14g5mo1_500_large.gif

For us small(er) people (heightwise) i think we have to loose more for it to show.
I too have lost nearly a stone (hoping for a 1.5lb loss tomorrow then 1 stone award) but not gone down a clothing size (although they are def looser / better fitting)
Hang on in there xoxo

Also, bear in mind, that many of us, when we started, were probably wearing a lot of elasticated stuff, or clothes that had a size that we werent on them. For example, I was wearing 22 jeans, but realistically I would have been a lot more comfortable in 24s. Also, dress size can very much vary by a great deal between shops, and indeed between garments in the same shop (*cough*I'm looking at you Primark*cough*).

So, what I am trying to say really, is dont be disheartened. It may be a while before you really start to notice a significant difference. You have lost a lot of weight already, but you could have lost a couple of lbs from your stomach, a couple from your legs, a couple from your bust, a couple from your arms, a couple from your back etc, so overall it wont look THAT different yet.

I lost 2 before when i did SW and didn't notice a great difference to my waist size but it seems liked my legs face and arms where thinner!! I let it put me off and ended up gaining the 2 stone back and more, this time i know i have to work through it and the body changes will happen when the time is right I just think it depends on an individuals make up!! keep ploughing on though huni and i am sure u will notice a big difference soon!!

What MLM says is sooooo true - I was queen of elasticated waistbands when I was at my biggest, lol!

I lost about 3 stone or so before I noticed any difference. Also bear in mind the stuff you were wearing at the beginning was probably too small for you anyway.

I lost about 3 stone or so before I noticed any difference. Also bear in mind the stuff you were wearing at the beginning was probably too small for you anyway.

Yeah, i used to wear jeans UNDER my waist......not low rise ones either.....!

I had been kidding myself i was an 18/20 for ages - really i was a 24.

A lot of shops have vanity sizing, so its always best to take measurements, because then you can see the inches going no MATTER WHAT.

x

Thanks girls. I know it's going to take time. I'll keep on keeping on, and in no time I'll be in here, bumping this thread to say I've gone down a size!!!

I've lost 16.5lbs and haven't gone down a dress size yet. But as I've always had to wear a belt (I seemed to do the opposite to what people say on here and wear clothes that were too big for me) I've gone down 2 belt holes! So you're probably losing the cms/inches but not in noticeable dress sizes. Don't be disheartened x

I've lost just under two stone and only just gone down a clothes size. It takes time but you'll get there! Ive gone from 24 to 22 but can't weight for the next drop as size 20 so much easier to get in our town now we have lost evan!!

I lost 2 stone and went down 2 dress sizes, did alot of exercise only lost 4.5lb but went down another dress size so exercise helps to redistribute the weight.
Also you're losing internal fat, much healthier.

I've lost 5 stone and only gone down ONE dress size!!!!!

I suppose when you're bigger, it takes more weight to drop a dress size. If I dropped a dress size with every stone, I'd be a size 2 at the end LOL
Suppose I should do some mathematics, and come to the conclusion that, as I have 9st altogether to lose, and want to be 9st when all is done, and in around a size 10... then I *should* have to lose, two stone per dress size... or thereabouts.
Pah, whatever, I'm just glad it's coming off!

xMandyDx said:
I suppose when you're bigger, it takes more weight to drop a dress size. If I dropped a dress size with every stone, I'd be a size 2 at the end LOL
Suppose I should do some mathematics, and come to the conclusion that, as I have 9st altogether to lose, and want to be 9st when all is done, and in around a size 10... then I *should* have to lose, two stone per dress size... or thereabouts.
Pah, whatever, I'm just glad it's coming off!

It all depends how you carry it too, if you're top heavy/big arms/big hips/thighs/tummy.
For instance I'm a classic pear all my weight is concentrated on my lower torso, my thighs. I carry weight on my arms too mind, so dropping a dress size up top was easy, I also think I was wearing trousers slightly too big just to be comfortable whilst driving!

Back