Tefal Actifry v SW chips

But it is fair to say that if you are tempted to buy one only get if if you can can extended warranty as so many only work for just over a year, having said that they are a fantastic bit of kit. Just ordered my second one !!!!

I think so - there seemed to be an issue with them and their longevity. I never usually take out extended warranties, but it worked out at £8.33 a year for a piece of kit worth approx £130 (prices vary) a lot of the "old" issues seem to have been addressed but i like the idea of having the piece of mind.

It was very liberating throwing out the old deep fat fryer - never realised how much it smells lol.

Just wanted to say that literally made me LOL!

All part of the service - I'm here all week:D

i love mine, i would never be without it

Do you use spray light and which one?

I know extra virgin olive oil can sometimes be used as a healthy B? - I'm not sure what will be best for what until I try a few, so any pointers appreciated.

Nicki - I don't think you can make popcorn in it - but not 100% sure - nothing in the recipe book.

Used mine tonight , was lovely, egg and chips, syn free , used buttery frylight, but if you have spare syns you could use a little oil, they do taste better with oil, but Id rather save my syns and have the healthy option. Was really pleased to get the extended warranty from Argos, they said anytime in the next 3 years if it goes wrong they just give me a new one, cant be bad.

hmm not sure if im that impressed with it tbh, last night i made chips with oil and i made wedges with flylight and neither were crispy
Really?

I can't understand why not Nicki. Can I ask which oil you used? Also, dis you ensure the chips/wedges were washed (to get rid of starch) and then completely dried afterwards?

I did read in another forum that they need to be completely dried with, say, a tea towel, then patted dry with kitchen roll to ensure no moisture whatsoever.

I tried with oil and frylight and both worked better than my SW chips attempts;)

Really?

I can't understand why not Nicki. Can I ask which oil you used? Also, dis you ensure the chips/wedges were washed (to get rid of starch) and then completely dried afterwards?

I did read in another forum that they need to be completely dried with, say, a tea towel, then patted dry with kitchen roll to ensure no moisture whatsoever.

I tried with oil and frylight and both worked better than my SW chips attempts;)

maybe thats it then, i just cut the spuds up and threw them in. With the chips i used extra virgin olive oil as it was a hexb.
I'm sure i'll be having chips tomorrow so i will try washing and drying them.

There is no competition, actifry are the best. You do need to dry them thoroughly and of course it helps to buy the right sort of potatoes for making chips.

Dont use olive oil it does get hot enough, vegetable oil is best
I understand tis, but I believe the heat in there is not the usual deep fat fryer heat, and secondly, the extra virgin olive oil is a hex b.

I've only tried Maris piper spuds, pehaps people can recommend others or their findings?

OK i'm sold, i bought some maris piper (before i was using white potatoes) i washed and dried them and used a teaspoon of veg oil (2 syns) and the wedges came out lovely and crisp and had that lovely chip taste. I don't mind spending 2 syns on a little oil because its totally worth it!

OK i'm sold, i bought some maris piper (before i was using white potatoes) i washed and dried them and used a teaspoon of veg oil (2 syns) and the wedges came out lovely and crisp and had that lovely chip taste. I don't mind spending 2 syns on a little oil because its totally worth it!
Glad it helped Nicki - no better feeling than the justification of purchasing an expensive piece of kit:)

Back