tell me I am not alone

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Libbie, 5 September 2006 Social URL.

1. Libbie

Libbie Silver Member

When I was a size 30/32 and tryed something on in a shop and it was to tight I would say things like it must be a small size 30/32 or things in this make always come up smaller.If something was tight after a couple of washes I had washed it wrong and that was why it was small.Not often would I say I must have put on weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now that I can get into a size 14 top 18/20 bottom I have started saying things like well it is cut big or I must have streached it while ironing it.
    Why am I making excuses for wareing smaller cloths????
    I can understand not wanting to admit needing bigger cloths,but why do I seem scared to admit I can get smaller cloths????????????
    I know I am finding it hard to see myself as others see me so perhaps that is one reason for it as I do not wont people to say things like she thinks she is a size 14 who is she trying to kid.
    Does anyone else feel this way???????
    It can not just be me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Love Libbie x
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

You're definitely not alone Libbie - it takes time for your brain to catch up with your body! Give it time honey ;)
  4. c2b

c2b Regular Member

My brain and my eyes don't match.
    I can see I have lost weight by the photos....
    I know I have lost weight by the smaller size clothes.
    People keep telling me I have lost weight.....
    But.......when it comes to mirrors I can't see a difference.

Self image is such a strange thing.
  5. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

I agree, I think it was Mike that said it takes 6 months for your brain to register weight loss,
    So wierd, I cannt see it in the mirror at all either so you are not alone in this, sometimes I do see it when I put clothes on and dont flab over but naked, blurgh dont do that! I see exactly what I saw before!
  6. westhills

westhills I STILL mean it!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I'm the same. If size 12or 14 trousers fit me I always think "oh well they're generous" nice to know it's not just me!!!!
    Ann x
  7. 10stonesize10

10stonesize10 Member

8. Libbie

Libbie Silver Member

So pleased I am not alone.
    Now I know I am not going made
    One day I will see the new me that others see
    Till then I will just keep outting my smaller tops
    next to my size 30/32 top.
    You can not miss but see the diffrance there!!!!!!
    Thanks for all your nice replys.
    Love Libbie x
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.