Telling others your on the Cambridge diet!

My mum and bf know and a couple of close friends but in truth only my mum really fully understands how great the diet is for me and supports me, the others do on the surface but I know they think it's belony deep down as they have told me but i tell them to be positive or silent, i cant be doing with the negativity, its very hurtful abs not at all help ful! I just down play it all and let the results speak for themselves.

I haven't even started yet waiting for my meeting but for the first time I'm not going to say a word about the diet. I always tell people what I'm doing and the more I talk about if the less I seem to achieve. So this time i am staying shutm!!

lastbiscuit said:
Personally if you believe in the weight plan then you stick to it. Why do u care what other people think? You know the reasons why this plan works because it's a re-education the only negative comments will always come from ignorant people If they took half an hour of their time to research the principles and practices instead of spouting ignorant nonsense then it would be a better use of their time.
You will be the one laughing in the end cos you will gain so much confidence and focus and self satisfaction Cambridge is a life coach on a sachet lol well that's what I think

Tell them to do one and then ask them to have the same conversation with you when your at target Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I dont think their misinformed opinion about the diet hurt... it was more that i work with them and thought better of them and it was all behind my back and I hate that when Im a straight up
kinda person. I guess you dont really know people at all. I wish they had just said it to me rather then all 5/6 - some of whom didnt even know until 1 opened her mouth - all have a bad opinion and not one of them stuck
up for me or kept quiet. Im a nice person who has actually backed up some of these nurses in the past and, like I said, expected more from them.
Anyway... dusted myself down and back on it like donkey kong lol... is that the saying ha ha ha?? xx
Thank you for all the support and kidness xxx

I dont think their misinformed opinion about the diet hurt... it was more that i work with them and thought better of them and it was all behind my back and I hate that when Im a straight up
kinda person. I guess you dont really know people at all. I wish they had just said it to me rather then all 5/6 - some of whom didnt even know until 1 opened her mouth - all have a bad opinion and not one of them stuck
up for me or kept quiet. Im a nice person who has actually backed up some of these nurses in the past and, like I said, expected more from them.
Anyway... dusted myself down and back on it like donkey kong lol... is that the saying ha ha ha?? xx
Thank you for all the support and kidness xxx

sod them all! i think people get scared when you tell them you're on a shake type diet because they know that if you stick to it, you'll be a skinny minny in no time! i've lost near enough 2 stone in 7 weeks, my cousin knows i'm on the diet and my weight loss is very obvious. she came to my house yesterday and instead of commenting on my loss, she just asked how i was finding the diet and have i caved in yet?? i was quite annoyed with her really, i dont fish for compliments at all but i felt it was quite rude the way she was almost hoping that i'd given in to food and not said anything about the weight i've lost. she also offered to lend me a dress of hers for a wedding i'm going to in a month's time, where i'm hoping to be another stone lighter, which i found quite offensive seeing as she is already evidently bigger than me at this point now!! she just commented saying that this dress will fit me beacuse i have a small bust and she's put on weight on hers!! another kick in the teeth!!! sorry rant over now!

just ignore people and focus on being lovely and slim after sticking to CD! xxx

lumpyandbumpy said:
sod them all! i think people get scared when you tell them you're on a shake type diet because they know that if you stick to it, you'll be a skinny minny in no time! i've lost near enough 2 stone in 7 weeks, my cousin knows i'm on the diet and my weight loss is very obvious. she came to my house yesterday and instead of commenting on my loss, she just asked how i was finding the diet and have i caved in yet?? i was quite annoyed with her really, i dont fish for compliments at all but i felt it was quite rude the way she was almost hoping that i'd given in to food and not said anything about the weight i've lost. she also offered to lend me a dress of hers for a wedding i'm going to in a month's time, where i'm hoping to be another stone lighter, which i found quite offensive seeing as she is already evidently bigger than me at this point now!! she just commented saying that this dress will fit me beacuse i have a small bust and she's put on weight on hers!! another kick in the teeth!!! sorry rant over now!

just ignore people and focus on being lovely and slim after sticking to CD! xxx

It is surprising who doesnt think to give encouragement and your probably right, the element of jealousy.
I noticed at work today that one of the nurses has brought a salad in instead of her 2 sandwiches crisps and sweets that she had Friday!
I feel so much better now and im doing so well - as you are too so you are right - im just going to concentrate on that :) x
How are you now?

It is surprising who doesnt think to give encouragement and your probably right, the element of jealousy.
I noticed at work today that one of the nurses has brought a salad in instead of her 2 sandwiches crisps and sweets that she had Friday!
I feel so much better now and im doing so well - as you are too so you are right - im just going to concentrate on that :) x
How are you now?

haha see, your dieting is catching, they're prob all panicking now because summer is coming so out come the salads! i'm weighing in tomorrow so i'm sticking to my extra water intake today in the hope i'll get another pound off overnight miraculously!! you've lost loads of weight already in such a short space so keep on with CD and you'll be at goal ready for the summer!!! x

lumpyandbumpy said:
haha see, your dieting is catching, they're prob all panicking now because summer is coming so out come the salads! i'm weighing in tomorrow so i'm sticking to my extra water intake today in the hope i'll get another pound off overnight miraculously!! you've lost loads of weight already in such a short space so keep on with CD and you'll be at goal ready for the summer!!! x

I cant wait :).... x

Do what you want and say what u feel because those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind

I've just told close family and 2 of my friends but my mum blurted out to my cousin on conversation that I was doing CD and I got all the usual frustrating questions n comments! Can u not even eat fruit? No alcohol at all? Oh I couldn't do that! Is that healthy? N then after a while she said well gd for u let me know how much u lose this week! I'm gonna find it difficult next sat as its my cousins hen night and then her wedding 9th June just hoping no comments n questions! Took my tetra to work today for my break and could see a few of the older ladies at the next table starin at me but I just tried to ignore it! Can't fault my 2 best friends n family tho they've been really supportive! Even my 97yr old great gran asked me on thursday how I was getting on with it n I said not bad and she was like gd stick in at it! :) think they all know how unhappy my weight n body make me tho so they understand! Anyway sorry for my novel there :p hehe xx

My ideal weight should be 11st 6 for a healthy BMI but tbh I'd just like to get to a weight were I'm comfortable n able to fit into possibly a size 12 :) im currently wearing a size 16/18. You're doing great :) I have my first weigh in on Monday can't wait! I think another reason I've not told a lot of ppl is I want them to notice the changes in me rather than knowing i'm dieting n sayin aw u look gd becoz they know I'm dieting instead of bein honest xx

Liveonce said:
ye some times i wonder if peepl are just saying it for the sake of it lol...i was in an 18 my tops r now 16 and 14 leggings but think these clothes are getting a bit baggy for me now :D my boyfriend actually told me not to wear my coat anymore as it looks ridiculously big lmao xx

Aww thats great! Must be a really gd feeling knowing ur bf has noticed! Don't think men ever take much notice lol can't wait to start dropping dress sizes! I have a wedding in June hoping to wear my 21st dress which is a fitted 18 from monsoon which I had to wear big control pants with so maybe be able to wear it comfortably now! Although may even be too big! Lol xx

I'd be happy about that! Just not happy about havin to buy another outfit hehe :p x

Back