Temptation Resisted

Margery Dawe

Silver Member
Just thought I would share something positive that happened today.

I received some bad new this morning about someone I work with and it really upset me and brought back lost of horrible memories and feelings for me. I was upset and the woman I sit next to at work suggested going to the pub for lunch.

Before SW I would have gone to the pub and had a great big sandwich and chips to comfort myself, but today I had a jacket potato with baked beans.

I felt good about myself after.

That's great. I would defo have used that as an excuse to pig out. Good on you.

fair play to you..i am so gluttonous any upset and i use it as an excuse to eat...even if i am tired i tend to think 'oh i am too tired to think stuff it and i will get a dominoes pizza

fair play to you

That's brilliant, well done you, just shows that you do have the strength!

SW has a lot to be thankful for, well done you in sticking with it. It can be so hard when your emotional rundown but you deserve a big clap on the back :)

Well done. That is brilliant. You should be very proud of yourself.

Gail x

well done you!! Your mind set has obviously changed which is half the battle!

Its so hard when your feeling low so you should be really proud of yourself!
x

Well done =] Your obviously in the right mind set to succeed! I would probably have pigged out.

Thanks everyone xx

I think my mind set has changed as I know that in the past I would have thought **** it, I'll pig out.

I think also, because I sts this week when I really thought I had lost (and felt I had lost) I want to have a good week so I can see a loss on Monday. For me that is a huge difference as I would have been fed up with the sts, had a bad week and then gained, but I really want my 1/2st sticky this week!!!!

Awww hunny, firstly i`m sorry that happened and left you feeling upset. Hope the person is ok ... and hope you are feeling a bit better too. Secondly well done for staying in control, it is all too easy to think "sod it" and use things as an excuse.... I feel so chuffed for you that it came more naturally taking the SW option :)

**hugs for ya** ... and well done x

Feeling a little better today. Her mum died suddenly and she is only a young girl :cry:

I lost my sister 4 years ago and it just takes me back to that time and knowing all the months of crap she has in front of her and knowing nothing will ever be the same again. Life is so unfair sometimes. :cry:

Well done you, hope you and your friend are ok xxxxx

well done on having a healthy choice - and just think if you keep choosing healthy options it will become second nature!!!

xxx

Sits down next to MD ....... Puts arm around her shoulder and passes her a tissue .......

**hug**

Life is a *****, and you and this poor girl know it only too well, but you are a sweet thoughful person to be already thinking about what this girl is facing ... and i`m sure you`ll be there to offer her a shoulder when she needs it, and heck she`ll need a lot of support over the coming weeks/months and years, but she`ll get there hunny. As will you.

Loss is so hard to cope with ... and "Time isn`t a healer", time just helps you get used to the idea that person isn`t here anymore ..... But they`ll never be too far away, and they`re always in your heart, and in your minds eye ..... you can think of them and hug them inside until the day you meet again ... which i promise you will ... You know we`re all here to anytime ya need to vent, or just need a hug x x x

Sits down next to MD ....... Puts arm around her shoulder and passes her a tissue .......

**hug**

Life is a *****, and you and this poor girl know it only too well, but you are a sweet thoughful person to be already thinking about what this girl is facing ... and i`m sure you`ll be there to offer her a shoulder when she needs it, and heck she`ll need a lot of support over the coming weeks/months and years, but she`ll get there hunny. As will you.

Loss is so hard to cope with ... and "Time isn`t a healer", time just helps you get used to the idea that person isn`t here anymore ..... But they`ll never be too far away, and they`re always in your heart, and in your minds eye ..... you can think of them and hug them inside until the day you meet again ... which i promise you will ... You know we`re all here to anytime ya need to vent, or just need a hug x x x

:thankyou: You are a sweetie xxxxx

:thankyou: You are a sweetie xxxxx

Not a problem darl ..... That`s what i love about this board ... the support in every aspect of life x x x

so sorry to hear all that. i always find it so sad to read all this

life is so so though

sorry for barging in

Hey, don't be sorry xxx

I just hope that I can be of some help/use to her when she comes back to work, even if it's just to be there to sit and listen to her. I just used to want to sit and tell people what happened to Erin and the week that we spent with her before she died. It's all the little things you want to talk about and remember. I think you want to tell people what you went through.

I can remember wanting to go around with a sign on me saying that my sister had died. Not that I wanted sympathy from people, it was just so that they knew why I looked so ******* awful and miserable!!!! I certainly think twice for criticising people for being unhappy. Sometimes you just don't know what some people have been through.

Thanks to everyone xxxxxx

Back