Extra Easy Tempters

Gemmalina

Lol. My OH is like the devil sent to tempt me! He's asked me at least twice a week if I want to get takeaway for dinner - and always on days when I'm really tired and most likely to give in. I have resisted - but he doesn't get how hard he's making it for me. I've told him to just order in the takeaway for himself but he doesn't want to eat in front of me. Thing is, it would be easier if he just ate it in front of me rather than talking about it so much!! It gas - I asked him yesterday why he keeps asking me when he knows I can't afford those kind of syns - and he says it's cos he's weak! Sometimes I really do wonder!

Anyone else got any advice for dealing with that kind of situation. He genuinely doesn't mean to be bad.

my hubby is a pain in the bum, i've been on sw now for 7 months so i've learnt to live with the fact that he still eats a lot more sw unfriendle food. luckily, i don't fancy the bad food much anymore since my body has adapted itself, or should i say my thinking has changed toward food.
in the begining it was hard, he made more of an effort back then to stick with my plan, hes slipped back these days but its got easier. i still have takeaways and stuff, i save syns on drink cos i don't drink, but where my hubby eats a silly amount i have say half and make better choices....still yummy, if not yummier.
it'll get easier as the months pass, have a word with him and let him know how its making you feel, good luck :)

Thanks purplesky - cooked SW style Kfc last night and it was delicious. He's thinking of pizza or burger and chips when he says takeaway - any idea how to order that kind of stuff without breaking the syns bank? To be honest - had my gallbladder out last year so all that is really out of the question ;)

katty said:
my hubby is a pain in the bum, i've been on sw now for 7 months so i've learnt to live with the fact that he still eats a lot more sw unfriendle food. luckily, i don't fancy the bad food much anymore since my body has adapted itself, or should i say my thinking has changed toward food.
in the begining it was hard, he made more of an effort back then to stick with my plan, hes slipped back these days but its got easier. i still have takeaways and stuff, i save syns on drink cos i don't drink, but where my hubby eats a silly amount i have say half and make better choices....still yummy, if not yummier.
it'll get easier as the months pass, have a word with him and let him know how its making you feel, good luck :)

Thanks for the words of encouragement. It's really just not us who needs to change our way of thinking about food - think the OH's need a class if their own!

Ahhh pizza burger chips welll burgers made at home can be very healthy for you and well within an EE or orginal plan and you can make sw chips at home with frylight which are free. As for pizza i;ve not yet met a suitable alternative and the thought of making pizza base out of smash fills me with ackys :D. But pizza is not a slimming worlders friend lol. Chinese and Indian can be converted nicely to sw

My OH now says he prefers the SW food, but I reckon he is still having a sneaky KFC here or there. he also has a habit of saying about take away on nights when I'm knackered - I usually order Chicken Kebabs with extra salad and ditch the pitta to limit the damage.
And I make him pay :)

I was making my OH follow the plan and made him feel really guilty about supporting me lol :D I know I'm mean but it worked, until he turned it on me cos he was losing more than me even though he wasn't as rigid as I am :O Then he went off on a boys weekend and 'fell off the wagon" for a fortnight, got on the scales to have a little brag and was gutted to find he'd put 6lb back on lol needless to say he's following my plan again, although he's still drinking a fair amount like me. During that two weeks he was terrible tho suggesting takeaways left right and centre. I make him have takeaway on days when I'm not in cos I wouldn't b able to resist the odd chip if it's there in front of me lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ahhh pizza burger chips welll burgers made at home can be very healthy for you and well within an EE or orginal plan and you can make sw chips at home with frylight which are free. As for pizza i;ve not yet met a suitable alternative and the thought of making pizza base out of smash fills me with ackys :D. But pizza is not a slimming worlders friend lol. Chinese and Indian can be converted nicely to sw

To be honest it made me feel a bit odd but I got past that and you know what it was good ( Not dominos good ) But good never the less it was more like crisps or something.

I love it you just make the smash potato thicker so you can roll it i flatten it by hand into a baking tray and stick in the oven till crispy on both sides then put on tomato puree, mushrooms, ham, cheese.onions and have with sw chips and baked beans yum. you just have to make sure the smash base is a thin one.

I tried the smash pizza a few times but it just kept tasting like a potato cake :mad:
I've now discovered pitta pizza and it is a-maz-ing!!
I toast a pitta on both side's (i always use co-op one's because they are classed as a HEB) then spread 1 level tbsp of tom puree (0.5 syns) over the top, add my toppings which are usually mushroom & onion and then a HEA of cheese & grill to melt! :D
If you eat it with your eyes closed you wouldn't know it wasnt a 'real' pizza!
xxxxx

See now each timei;vegone to asda icant find the pitta breads as they have none in stock :(. Plus i get this feeling if i ate pizza now my body would go into shock due to the white starchy bread as not had white bread since starting sliming world nearly 8 weeks back lol

My OHs a nightmare when we go out he gets me to take him for mcds or burgerking where he will have at least 2-3 burgers with me sitting beside him sipping a diet coke but tbh I have got used to it and it doesnt bother me anymore the only thing that does is when he is sitting eating a full tin or box of chocs lol

My OH is really good, he still has naughties but feels guilty for having them, bless :) Strangely enough though I'm not too bad around him and don't normally cave!

It's the girls in work who are my tempters, especially coz they're meant to be following SW too! I start thinking, well if they can have chocolate/cake/biscuits etc I must be able to too :( x x

I'm lucky i dont have a tempter yet maybe when i;ve lost enough weight so that it becomes noticeable(as people say it is but i just dont feel it yet if you see what i mean) and keep loosing more it might all worm out but by then i'll be even more determined then i am now :p

I just bought in the wholemeal bread mix, weigh out a portion of that for a B and use that as a pizza base. Its a recognised healthy extra B choice and its a proper bready base!

Back