Tentative hello. Advice, please?

Pickle81

Hi all,

I've been doing SW off and on for a year now. I lost close to 6st then regained 2 of it and now I'm really struggling to get back on track. I'll have a good week and lose 5+ pounds then have a binge week and gain 7!! I tried switching to WW and that ended badly.. so now I'm considering Slim Fast/Tesco UltraSlim. If I could afford it, I'd do a VLCD but I can't so this is the next best thing, perhaps? I just want food taken out of the equation for a while. If I do slim fast then I already know what's for breakfast and lunch and I can eat the same evening meal as the rest of the family (almost always healthy; chicken, veg, extra lean mince type stuff).

Can someone please tell me this is not a ridiculous idea? All the SW people I ask tell me slim fast is NEVER successful and I'm spiralling out of control here.

Many thanks in advance

X:eek:

Hey

I've been doing slim fast for 3 weeks and lost nearly 7lbs. I was loosing the will to live with different diets as well. Slim fast I have managed to stick to and has fitted easily into my life,
I have a shake for breakfast, snack at 10am, a weight watchers soup at 12 which counts as one of my snacks as most of the are 100kal or less, I then have a meal bar at 2, and my dinner at night at about 5. I'm finding it really easy to stick to. X

Hey

I've been doing slim fast for 3 weeks and lost nearly 7lbs. I was loosing the will to live with different diets as well. Slim fast I have managed to stick to and has fitted easily into my life,
I have a shake for breakfast, snack at 10am, a weight watchers soup at 12 which counts as one of my snacks as most of the are 100kal or less, I then have a meal bar at 2, and my dinner at night at about 5. I'm finding it really easy to stick to. X

Well done on your weight loss:happy096:

Thanks for the replies.

Day one of Tesco Ultra Slim (cheaper than SF!) and I'm hungry! Pushing through it with water though x

Thanks for the replies.

Day one of Tesco Ultra Slim (cheaper than SF!) and I'm hungry! Pushing through it with water though x

Hi Pickle, stay in there! I am on second day of SF and it is MUCH easier than day 1. Yesterday I felt awful and was really hungry. Today I have only had 450 cals but feel full. I still have one shake, one snack and evening meal to go. I had a Weightwatchers soup at 51 cals with a cracker at 51 cals at lunch after having shake for breakfast. Think this has tricked my mind into thinking I have had a meal even though I haven't had another shake/meal bar yet. Yesterday I wondered how I would manage it for 5 weeks but I feel confident now. Try and find something at 100 cals for a snack that you can trick your mind into thinking is lunch. Most food for less cals! Yesterday was ridiculously hard and I felt rubbish but HANG ON IN THERE. Day 2 is much better already ;) xxxx

Last edited:
Back