Terrified about plane seats

Biogirl

Okay, so I am well aware I am a big girl. I weigh just shy of 23 stone And i am 5ft 11. I am a UK size 26-28. I am in the process of losing weight but I have only a month until I am travelling on a plane not once but twice....

The first is with work with virgin atlantic and the second is a holiday with Ryanair. I know the seat width is 17.5 and 17 respectively. And I am terrified I will be asked to buy two seats or kicked off the plane.

I am not worried much about the seatbelt. If I need an extension that's fine. I'm just scared I won't fit at all and get kicked off. Has anyone got any reassuring stories for me because all I'm reading online is horror stories and it's keeping me awake at night
5.gif.pagespeed.ce.t-TaEeEGM1.gif
11.gif.pagespeed.ce.w3SwuqwArR.gif
8.gif.pagespeed.ce.jNxqqeqaDs.gif

I flew to and from New Zealand to visit my Son and family.

The first time I went was just before he emigrated, I was meeting the in-laws to be.

Flew with NZAir and needed that big red extension for the seat belt. The three of us were sat on the side. I didn't actually encroach on next seat but was not comfortable. On the flight home we sat in middle seats. My son made me feel good by saying the lady I was going to sit next pulled a face.

Now that is a kinda horror story, but I did not have to have 2 sests. Not did anyone say anything. Nor did I have to get off the plane.

I did find it a bit uncomfortable.

I was a size 32-34 , possibly with a centimetre more width, if my memory is correct.

I went once a year for the next 11 years. For those years I travelled alone nobody to reassure me. I just learnt to act as though I couldn't be seen to be fat. An aeroplane seat shows you when you have lost weight.🙄,. I never had to have the extension after the first time.

This may not be what you were looking for but it will get better xxx

I'm flying in August to Spain and am not looking forward to it, but it is good motivation to try and lose a couple of inches. It wont stop the extension this time I don't think, but next time I will not be wearing it!! I went to Belfast recently ona plane, the first time in years, and it was uncomfortable and I needed the extension. But I did it. And I realised life is for living, I cannot put my life on hold anymore. I didn't need to buy an extra seat, I was worried about that too. It is not an easy situation.

Hope your flight went well x

Back